October 21, 2014 | 980 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by madscientist01

I had a really weird experience with this product.

My skin has always been very sensitive; I get a lot of allergic reactions to a lot of products. When I first tried this out, I LOVED it for the first couple days. It made my skin feel so smooth and hydrated without being greasy at all! Then about three days into using the product, I started noticing small itchy bumps starting to form on my cheeks...I got a really bad rash from this that took two weeks to clear up. It was SOOO itchy!!!

Two weeks later, after the rash had cleared up, I decided to try it again...I loved how it made my skin feel (other than the rash)! So, I tried it out, and this time had no problem with it...weird. Anyways, I was using this for a while...a few months maybe? Until I realized it had some pretty comedogenic ingredients and not so good safety ratings. I haven't repurchased.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by mandagangsta20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Perfect for my skin type, even though it's oily\combination. I do prefer gel or gel-cream formulas because lotions tend to make my skin oily faster but this is great! I love using this in the morning before I do my makeup because of the SPF in it. Its very moisturizing, but doesn't make my skin oily and smells very "Garnier", if that makes any sense. I like that they have a pump! Good show, Garnier!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by melwal22

my mom bought this stuff so I tried it out . I have eczema so I needed a good moisturizer. so when I put this on it burned and my face turned red. the smell was good but it did not moisturize. it also took a long time to soak into my skin. I would not recommend this product for dry skin/ sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by movinon2013

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nice product. I got this on clearance for $4.25 so gave it a try. Smells really fresh and light, unlike a lot of other moisturizers I've tried. The pump design is very convenient and efficient. SPF 15 is great, although now that it's summer, I have to apply extra sunscreen as I am fair skinned and outside a lot. Not the most moisturizing product, but I have noticed that most day moisturizers with SPF are not super moisturizing. Overall, a nice product at a good price. I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by dianelarsenemail

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I give this lotion a 3/5 for the following reasons:

what i like about this lotion:
    contains SPF 15
    consistency
    not greasy or oily on skin
    inexpensive
    nice smell

what i disliked about this lotion:
    did not hydrate skin
    stung when i put it on
    made face red
    has added fragrance

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Kaytee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

First of all, this has a FANTASTIC scent. It smells like apples. It has SPF 15 (but I normally use it at night). It is a light moisturizer so I wouldn't suggest it for people who need thicker creams. It is fairly moisturizing for me, and I enjoy using it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by akneil

I used this moisturizer for quite a while and really liked it. When they say its lightweight, they mean it! It is such a nice lightweight cream with a fresh scent. It leaves your face feeling refreshed and moisturized but not oily. It also has spf 15 with is great.
    The bottles is a good size and the pump has a lock, perfect for travel.
    I don't think this gave me any issues with my acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by ShannonElizabeth

I bought this after purchasing the gel version, I needed a moisturizer with SPF for a holiday I was going on and although I absolutely love the gel version - it does not have SPF. So I tried this one out, I don't LOVE this. But it is nice, and I would probably purchase it again for another holiday if I ever run out. I like the packaging as the pump has a lock, which is perfect for throwing in your suitcase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Doodleses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Garnier is one of those brands I trust when it comes to facial moisturizers (and, frankly, my acne). I've tried other brands such as Olay and L'Oreal but not to much avail.

I visited family in San Francisco a few months ago during Christmas and accidentally left my current oil-free moisturizer at someone's house in San Jose. Much to my dismay, it was cold, and it was winter, so I promptly bought a moisturizer the first thing I realized my routine one was gone. I picked up this jewel at a corner Walgreens which was on sale for $4--great, because San Francisco is relatively expensive for a Texas gal like me--and the scent, moisturizing properties, and texture just wowed me. Garnier can do me no wrong.

It's very lightweight, but got me through the winter months (I still use it daily, and I'm 1/3 through it) and it my face still feels moist after application, which I adore. There's also a lockking mechanism so if you toss the bottle into your bag, it won't "explode" in there.

I just checked to see if online retailers still stocked up on it, but I don't see it anymore? Was it discontinued? For 4.5 oz at the normal Garnier price, it still would be great to buy. I love it since it seems "fruit" formulated creams and moisturizers work well with my sensitive, acne-prone skin. They have another moisturizer Garnier still regularly markets, but it's a smaller package (1.7 oz I believe). It'll still do the job, but still, Moisture Rescue has a bit of an upperhand in the fragrance and quantity department.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by nativetrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this stuff. I use it in the mornings before foundation. It is really moisturizing and does not leave me feeling greasy like other SPF lotions. Plus, this smells so good.

I hope this isn't being discontinued. I got it at Walgreens on clearance for $4-5, and I haven't really seen it anymore.