July 30, 2014 | 2007 users online

Polishes - OPI - Glitzerland

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by lynn7551

Very classy and flattering gold color. This polish looks AMAZING with a matte top coat. Very "glowy".

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have trouble with golds. Many are too yellow, and that never works for me (I have pale, cool-toned skin). This is a good polish for me because it leans to the champagne/very pale bronze, while still being identifiably gold. It's not really what I'd call flattering on me, but it's not unflattering either. I guess I could say that in that sense, it's neutral on me (though it's not "a neutral" at all). It does what I need it to do, that is, be clearly gold without being unflattering.

Unfortunately, I am not thrilled with the formula, which I find to be pretty thin. I'm relatively good with a brush (especially the OPI Pro-Wide brush), but I managed to badly flood my cuticles the first time I try to wear this polish. It's got quite high viscosity, and the application is tricky because the first coat is not only quite sheer, it actually becomes more opaque as it dries and the pigments become more compact and dense, so you can't really tell if you've got bald spots or areas that need smoothing, etc. It's not impossible (I've used worse!), but it does take some careful management.

That said, it's not very prone to brushmarks (yay), and two coats will give pretty much complete opacity (also yay), and it does have a very pretty light gold metallic finish, with little hints of sparkles as you move your hands.

So, overall, I do like this polish. Once I come to grips with the formula, this may well become one of my most-used golds.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by GirlFromB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really good colour for detailing and for everyday wear. It's not yellow enough to be a true gold, it is more a light and cold toned bronze, never tacky! As stated before, it has excellent wear (chips don't show easily), combines with a lot of colours, it's actually a pimped neutral! You can wear this ton sur ton with something like Chanel's Frenzy or pair it with a coral or green for added demure glamour. I recommend a minimum of two layers to achieve a decent foil look. A must!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful gold shimmer polish! Gold dust in a clear base. Micro shimmer so there are no large pieces of glitter. I like this because its not an orange gold, but a gold gold. Very very pretty polish! Two or more coats for opacity.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by jadeymac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Glitzerland is my most used nail polish! Not my absolute favourite, but my most worn if you get what I mean... I think it might be because in some strange way it is quite neutral, and in another way can be quite dressy and stand out... Hard to describe... I love to wear this with a black dress and gold jewelry when going out, or just for every day... Its a beautiful metallic champagne gold with a foil finish... And the gold is just beautiful, a nice soft muted gold... If you want something a bit more out there you night want to try bring on the bling or something like that :) but anyway glitzerland is so easy to work with, so easy to apply... Depending on the depth of colour you want you could do one coat, but I like to do 3 to really bring out the colour. It also wears really well. About a week on me with a top and base coat... I would highly recommend this polish as I find it very wearable and reach for it more often than any other :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by maldiveslover

I chose this color yesterday when I was getting a manicure. It is the perfect neutral gold for fall/winter months as it is not too yellow.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by boredgurll123

Like most OPI nail polishes, the formula is very pigmented and easy to apply. This shade had a smooth finish, but I did not like how you could see every brush stroke. I love this color of warm gold!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by kara888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very nice shade of gold. Even though it clashes with my skin tone, I can see myself wearing this with the appropriate accessories. It shines beautifully in the sunlight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by gabriellavascocastro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It has great staying power, and is incredibly non-streaky and not a frost. I love this metallic gold, it's not too yellow, not too dark. It's a champagne taupe pale gold. All this said, it's still somewhat translucent in two coats. It's like a gold version of OPI princesses rule!. I use this when I want subtle clean manicured blingy fingers and when I am in the mood for a non-opaque look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by cathyz123

love love love this colour! application is so smooth and it's such a gorgeous champagne-gold shimmery foil. it's hard to find a gold that's not too warm-toned for me,and this one is perfect!!!