September 2, 2014 | 1986 users online

Powder - Illamasqua - Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Fluffysealion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking around for a new setting powder when my friend recommended this brand. I asked the lady at the counter what she would recommend for my skin and she recommended the translucent powder. I am quite please with this product though I'd probably not purchase it again as I think I'd be able to find something better.

The powder is finely milled and only a little is needed to set my makeup. The soft puff that comes in the box works well for this job. I find that in order to only pick up a little powder, I just needed to press the puff to the inside of the lid. Pressing it directly onto the powder will pick up too much of the product. The packaging is a little inconvenient as the fine powder is quite messy and will occasionally find its way through the gap in the lid. I also wish that there was sturdier outer packaging to help keep my powder and puff together, as my cardboard box is beginning to disintegrate from age.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 6:35:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Illamasqua. Especially their skin base foundation, which is truly amazing. So I had very high hopes for this pressed powder, intended to use it for setting foundation, blot and add coverage throughout the day. Unfortunately I found it cakey and powdery (shade 120), so I couldn't really use it for any of those purposes. I still have to see if it will look good in pictures, but s far it didn't get a lot of use.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by jlbre5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Have the translucent pressed powder - 010, its completely bright white powder. Cost $30AUD (Illamasqua has dropped their prices to reflect the international market). I use this on top of Skin Base and the Matt Primer.
Pros: Sets make up without adding colour or coverage, nice sized pan for the price, no shimmer or 'light reflection' that you get with many translucent powders on the market, increases longevity and enhances the already beautiful finish of Skin Base, doesnt cake - at all
Cons: The plastic container is a little on the tackier side (but if thats how they afford to drop the price - thats fine with me), over-application wont add coverage but will start to whiten your appearance.
VERDICT: A really good buy, love that it simply sets the make-up and you know that when you put it on it isnt going to add anything (colour/coverage).
Illamasqua must be doing something right with this product because it had a wait-list at my store in Australia.
EDIT!!!!
Sold this to my friend, made the pores on my nose look HUGE! And iv never had that problem before :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by QuirkyFashionista

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this in PP005, the pink, supposedly "brightening" shade. And, it is indeed brightening. It's also extremely fine milled, well pressed, the packaging is sleek and elegant, and it's quite inexpensive compared to for an example the brightening powder from Guerlain- and I think this one is just as good. It stays on all day, and create the perfect canvas for further makeup-application.

Although it looks very pink in the pan, it goes on transparent, you won't get a pink hue. The brightening effect is subtle- and photographs extremely well.

Will definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2011 5:45:00 AM More reviews by lucreziad

I wanted to like this powder. As a devoted Illamasqua user, I had BIG expectations of this powder and unfortunately it disappointed me. Firstly, the girls at the counter blotted some over my face to show me the colour, but as I was already wearing powder, it didn't demonstrate the issue of 'coverage'. It looked amazing at the counter, but when I tried it at home the next morning, the powder didn't provide very good coverage at all. It was similar to my experience with MAC's powder (*shudder*) where I was left with a blotchy, flakey looking ghost face. The powder didn't set my makeup at all, instead it clung to the foundation and made it look all patchy. Major fail! :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by makeupaholic83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I own the correcting shade, i don't remember the number but it's the only pink shade in the line. I find this powder amazing, it might be a bit too pink for me, but it's incredibly finely milled, it glides onto the face, without highlighting pores and other skin texture roughnesses, my makeup lasts all day with it! So far one of the best pressed powders I've ever tried...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2010 1:56:00 PM More reviews by devildoll133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

A so-so for this one. I had high-expectations when I got this, and as I use a pure white tone as a finish/highlighter here and there on my face, I thought this one would be just perfect. The color is called "PP100". It goes on smooth and gives a me the effect I'd like to have, but after a few hours it just "sits" on top of my makeup, which never happened to me before with much cheaper brands. Also, the packaging/box the powder comes in is made very high-end like, as the brand presents itself. The only downfall here is that it takes you like forever to open the powder box;-), not to mention the price which also is pretty steep. I will probably try one of their blushes in near future and see if they do any better on them.