July 29, 2014 | 1833 users online

Shampoo - Oribe - Shampoo for Brilliance and Shine

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Liya81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was a major let-down. It was highly recommended to me by my salon to bring some shine and moisture to my hair, but only ended up drying my hair out BADLY, leaving it lifeless and brittle. Also, for some reason this shampoo makes my scalp super oily, resulting in oily skin and major break-outs on my face every time I used it (though it took me a while to figure that out). I've gone back to Aveda Smooth infusion now and have decided to dump my half-used bottle of Oribe down the drain. For me at least, Oribe didn't deliver any results so I would not recommend or reuse this product EVER.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 8:14:00 AM More reviews by breeps

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I spent more time on my conditioner review for this line, but did want to say that I'm bery impressed. Highly concentrated - I start with a dime sized amount and lather, adding more water as I go. Our water is hard and I occasionally feel the need to shampoo a second time, but with this shampoo I only need a pea sized dollop for my second wash. It rinses very clean, but doesn't feel stripping or drying like some shine shampoos.

I have very fine, damaged, high-lift blonde hair and I've noticed a huge improvement in hair health and shine since switching to Oribe. I've been able to cut back on my leave-in conditioners and nourishing treatments thanks to this duo. For the last year I've been blowing through conditioning masks, oils and smoothing milks but this shampoo and conditioner is getting me the same results with far less product.

My only caution would be to say that I probably wouldn't use this shampoo with a conditioner less concentrated than the matching formula. Although far more manageable than the drying blonde-toner shampoo I was using, this shampoo will not detangle or dramatically moisturize alone. Then again, that's not what it's for! Very pleased with this duo!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by LSolis22

Love this shampoo and the matching conditioner. They use it at my hair salon which is why I decided to get some for myself. It makes my hair soo soft and smells amazing! Its too bad that its not sulfate free but honestly I dont really care since it works so well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Arpita1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best shampoo I ever used. It makes my hair incredibly soft and shiny and healthy. Full of body and beautiful. The scent is nice, and it is very concentrated, like most expensive shampoos. It is truly a luxury shampoo. There were no allergic bumps on my forehead. I can go two days without washing my hair. This is a great investment.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Phuck

I was so excited to try Oribe. I have heard such good things and it seems like it's popular with celebs and magazines. I bought the travel kit with packets of all the shampoos and conditioners with two masks. It is super expensive and I wasn't sure which one to buy so this was perfect. I could not believe it, but all the shampoos have sulfates. Even the Beautiful Color shampoo! Back to the Brilliance shampoo, it smelled ok but in the shower my hair felt dry and very tangled. I used this with the Brilliance conditioner. I guess it made my hair feel a little bit smoother but looked the same as it does with a drugstore moisturizing shampoo. Huge let down. I definitely will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by sofiathegreatest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

Absolutely love this shampoo! Yes to brilliance and shine, yes to the super soft locks (i used it with the conditioner by Oribe also) and definitely a HUGE yes to a fresh smelling hair for two days! Beautiful product!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2012 8:52:00 AM More reviews by neesoup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Neither brilliance nor shine... My hair feels coarse. I've better luck with their signature line. While being so expensive and all, the whole line smells chemical/perfume heavy and cheap like what you get from any drug store, i.e., Pantene...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Received a generous sized sample during the Barney's Beauty Event. This shampoo was fine but that's all it was, just "fine". Didn't do anything spectacular for my hair. It's not the worst but it's nowhere near the best so I will not be purchasing. I think for the price of this shampoo, it should be the best... or pretty high up there on the list, definitely not "just fine", yanno?

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2011 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Janeyboo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have thick, wavy hair, and on a whim bought this Oribe shampoo. It instructed me not to 'lather rinse, repeat' but 'lather, INDULGE, repeat'. Yeah yeah - I'm already thinking 'No repeat lathers at 35 a bottle, mate'.

I don't lather up twice and haven't done so for years. Has it made a blind bit of difference to my hair? No. If your hair is oilier then perhaps you do need to. Personal choice. Anyway . . .

Oribe shampoo is ok - but in a blind test, I wouldn't notice any difference between that shampoo and my other favorite, Aussie Miracle Moist at 3.99. The Oribe one left my hair feeling all right - still needed conditioner but definitely not worth the price tag. It's all branding.

Oh and I checked the ingredients for the Oribe shampoo: sodium laureth sulfate, TEA-lauryl sulfate, lauramidopropyl betaine, cocamide MEA, glyceryl cocoate and disodium laureth sulfosuccinate.

Then I checked the ingredients for Aussie Miracle Moist. Hang on while I cut and paste:
Aqua, sodium laureth sulfate, TEA-lauryl sulfate, lauramidopropyl betaine, cocamide MEA, glyceryl cocoate and disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, Tetrasodium.

Aussie Miracle Moist has more water in it and something called Tetrasodium. Apart from that - same ingredients.

No I won't be being ripped off again.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 12:22:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am really loving the Brilliance and Shine shampoo and conditioner. I find that it leaves my hair super clean, shiney and healthy looking. The masque is an added plus and luxury for my hair ...... while the line is super pricey, I only use the smallest amounts to wash and condition my hair and my hair is truly benefiting from this line (not to mention the smell is divine.) For background, I am a devotee of WEN which I still love, but at times, my hair can look limp or oily, but Oribe has given me perfect hair each and every time. My hair has so much shine, that I eliminated shine products from my styling routine.