December 21, 2014 | 1268 users online

Shampoo - Oribe - Shampoo for Brilliance and Shine

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2014 7:36:00 AM More reviews by purplelime

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

No scalp breakouts and no dandruff from using this product. I use it along with the Oribe Gold Lust masque, style my hair with Oribe's Royal blow out, and finish with Lush's sea spray and I'm having some really good hair days these days.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2014 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Dian90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The conditioner is definitely the powerhouse of this duo. I received sample sachets (7ml each) of the shampoo and conditioner when I ordered the light moisturizing cream. Out of these sachets I got two uses and both times I used them together. For reviewing purposes it would have been better to use them seperately, but since there were only two uses and I wouldn't purchase one without the other, I wanted to review them as a set.

The shampoo: This actually felt... Drying. In the shower, my hair felt like a tangly squeaky clean mess. Kind of like how it feels when you use a Lush shampoo bar. Now I should say, I don't necessarily hate this feeling, but I did not expect it from a sulfate-free shampoo that also contains silicones. It doesn't contain a lot of silicones, but still, they are in there, so you would at least expect some mild form of slip. I remember thinking two things in the shower.
1: Wow, with this effect, there is no way I can use my conditioner two times.
2: Must remember to rate this a 1. A two if it were more reasonably priced, but for this price, definitely a 1.
After the second use, I decided that it was still worth two stars, because the end result of the duo was nice. It's not horrible. I just wouldn't recommend it.

The conditioner: This surprised me in a good way. After the shampoo, I was sure that I was going to need the full 7ml sachet to undo the birdsnest that was my shoulderlength hair. However, I decided to try it with half, and found that it was enough to comb through all of my hair. My hair is not long, but it is damaged, so I am used to using about 10/15 ml conditioner per wash. When I rinsed it out, my hair felt soft and moisturized. I couldn't find the ingredients for the conditioner, but I think this does contain a lot of silicones.

All in all, I wouldn't buy this set, because I do not think it is worth the price. The endresults were very soft and shiny indeed but nothing that greatly surpasses other high end brands. I still want to try the gold lust and beautiful color duo, to see if they are better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I rarely reach for a sulfate based shampoo because my curls hate it but sometimes I just need a good old fashion shampoo instead of my sulfate free cleanser. This did an OK job. It didnt tangle my hair but it didn't infuse any moisture. It was easy to rinse out and didnt leave my hair feeling rough. I went without applying a styling or finishing product and the sections that are dry....my does indeed look shiny and their is very little frizz considering I have no leave product in my hair. Not too bad but I will probably not repurchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Liya81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was a major let-down. It was highly recommended to me by my salon to bring some shine and moisture to my hair, but only ended up drying my hair out BADLY, leaving it lifeless and brittle. Also, for some reason this shampoo makes my scalp super oily, resulting in oily skin and major break-outs on my face every time I used it (though it took me a while to figure that out). I've gone back to Aveda Smooth infusion now and have decided to dump my half-used bottle of Oribe down the drain. For me at least, Oribe didn't deliver any results so I would not recommend or reuse this product EVER.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 8:14:00 AM More reviews by breeps

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I spent more time on my conditioner review for this line, but did want to say that I'm bery impressed. Highly concentrated - I start with a dime sized amount and lather, adding more water as I go. Our water is hard and I occasionally feel the need to shampoo a second time, but with this shampoo I only need a pea sized dollop for my second wash. It rinses very clean, but doesn't feel stripping or drying like some shine shampoos.

I have very fine, damaged, high-lift blonde hair and I've noticed a huge improvement in hair health and shine since switching to Oribe. I've been able to cut back on my leave-in conditioners and nourishing treatments thanks to this duo. For the last year I've been blowing through conditioning masks, oils and smoothing milks but this shampoo and conditioner is getting me the same results with far less product.

My only caution would be to say that I probably wouldn't use this shampoo with a conditioner less concentrated than the matching formula. Although far more manageable than the drying blonde-toner shampoo I was using, this shampoo will not detangle or dramatically moisturize alone. Then again, that's not what it's for! Very pleased with this duo!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by LSolis22

Love this shampoo and the matching conditioner. They use it at my hair salon which is why I decided to get some for myself. It makes my hair soo soft and smells amazing! Its too bad that its not sulfate free but honestly I dont really care since it works so well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Arpita1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best shampoo I ever used. It makes my hair incredibly soft and shiny and healthy. Full of body and beautiful. The scent is nice, and it is very concentrated, like most expensive shampoos. It is truly a luxury shampoo. There were no allergic bumps on my forehead. I can go two days without washing my hair. This is a great investment.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Phuck

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was so excited to try Oribe. I have heard such good things and it seems like it's popular with celebs and magazines. I bought the travel kit with packets of all the shampoos and conditioners with two masks. It is super expensive and I wasn't sure which one to buy so this was perfect. I could not believe it, but all the shampoos have sulfates. Even the Beautiful Color shampoo! Back to the Brilliance shampoo, it smelled ok but in the shower my hair felt dry and very tangled. I used this with the Brilliance conditioner. I guess it made my hair feel a little bit smoother but looked the same as it does with a drugstore moisturizing shampoo. Huge let down. I definitely will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by sofiathegreatest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

Absolutely love this shampoo! Yes to brilliance and shine, yes to the super soft locks (i used it with the conditioner by Oribe also) and definitely a HUGE yes to a fresh smelling hair for two days! Beautiful product!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2012 8:52:00 AM More reviews by neesoup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Neither brilliance nor shine... My hair feels coarse. I've better luck with their signature line. While being so expensive and all, the whole line smells chemical/perfume heavy and cheap like what you get from any drug store, i.e., Pantene...