Secret Invisible Solid in Powder Fresh

2.7

on 10/10/2014 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've been using Secret deodorant/anti-perspirant for a couple of years now. Most of the time this gets the job done, though on some occasions I do have breakthrough sweating. I have pretty sensitive skin and this has never caused any irritation.

on 2/12/2014 1:10:00 AM

Don't be fooled like I was by the nice packaging, this products reeks of some kind of very cheap chemical floral undertone that persists until I scrub it off in the shower with multiple applications of soap. I happen to love powder scents but this is not a powdery scent, just totally awful smelling chemical that's only 10% better than BO. I'm going back to Lady Speed Stick and have a good mind to call P&G to complain.

on 8/14/2013 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I switched from Dove deodorant to this. I'm not understanding the negative reviews.

I've worn this all summer, and to put this in context, I live in the Deep South of the US. I'm in Georgia, and the weather is extremely hot and humid here. Secret has kept me dry, hasn't stained my clothes, and smells pleasant. The scent isn't overbearing at all.

I have no complaints about this, and it's more effective than the Dove deodorant I was using before.

I hated this product for one reason only, it broke me out!!! sure it smells nice, and it is truly invisible, but none of that matters when you come home one day with a burning sensation on your skin and you look at it in the mirror and see a huge swelled up rash! To this day its not healed. i am officially not buying ANYTHING from secret anymore.

on 7/25/2013 4:28:00 PM

It works. So I can't complain about that. I just don't really like the smell of it and the packaging the twisty thing doesn't work properly on all the deodorants from here that I've owned. I've seen and used better so I give it a no to repurchasing as you can get better deals for better products. Overall I give it a 3/5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I don't understand why this has so many negative reviews... Secret has never dissapointed me with their deodorants/antiperspirants. I am from Puerto Rico, a caribbean island that has some really humid, hot weather. On a normal summer day I take up to three showers a day, and cannot live without deodorant! 10 minutes after a shower without it and I'll reek and sweat horribly!!! I have used Secret PH Balanced Invisible Solid since 6 years ago, and it has never let me down! It must be that it works well with my body chemistry. I rub it under my arms in the morning, go to college and at the end of the day I still smell fresh and clean! It also controls under arm wetness effectively! I seriously cannot put into words how much I love Secret deodorants, they're a must have in my drawer!
I have used the smells Shower Fresh, Spring Breeze and this one. My least favorite is Spring Breeze because it smells terribly strong and it makes me dizzy. I have noticed though that the company has reduced their aluminum content in them from 19.5% to 18% in the past year. I don't know why, but they still work the same for me. Their "clinical strength" ones do have almost 20% of aluminum... Talk about risks of breast cancer lol.
Anyway, I once switched to Degree's Body Responsive deodorant because it's a couple of dollars cheaper than Secret's deodorants and after a couple of hours my under arms were wet and stank like a hobo. I'm never ever ever changing Secret deodorants na uh! I feel confident with nice smelling armpits thank you!

on 2/9/2013 2:01:00 PM

Like my other deodorant review, the only real reason why I buy this is because it comes in a bundle of 2 instead of 1 for around $7.
But anyway, this deodorant is a bit strong smelly when you put it on, but I'm fine with that as long as it smells fresh and clean. All of the Invisible Solid PH Balance from Secret's scent smell really fresh and clean, which I adore, so I'm okay with that scent. I usually which around these scents. I'll take that any day over strong flowery smells!
This does what it does, I don't sweat on regular days, but if there is something going one, for example, a presentation, a date, or something that's make me nervous, I'll sweat through it. It'll then leave my underarms slight damp throughout the whole day.
I know I should get a deodorant for stress; however, I can't find myself to fork over my $8-9 for one deodorant. Plus, it still does help me on my regular day activities, so I'll keep buying this.

on 9/5/2012 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The Secret Invisible Solid in Powder Fresh is now in my mom's medicine cabinet because I hate- repeat, HATE -the smell of all powder deoderents. My mom got me this when I ran out of truth or pear, which I adore. Now, she loves this, and so do a few of my friends...but I just can't get past the smell. And yes, it stays on all day. Which in this case is a bad thing, considering the horrible steanch of this. In my opinion, I'd rather spritz some body spray under my arms that use this. If you like the smell of powder, this could be for you, but if not...stay away. The smell is SO strong. Not a fan of this at all. This isn't as bad as most powder deoderents, but I just can't stand the smell. If you like powder deoderents, this one is a safe bet, but I would prefer something else.

I actually used secret's shower fresh ph balance and the smell was pretty strong. it didn't have a good coverage because i had sweaty arms when i came home from school. i could even smell the deodorant like perfume when i wore it so its pretty strong!

on 6/21/2011 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This deodorant smells so awful and strong!! It's crazy. My friend actually said, " I can smell your deodorant" when she hugged me. My pits still sweat as if I wasn't wearing any deodorant at all ( hey we're all ladies here, right?). It was actually the first "woman's" deo I used. Before, I had used a Degree Girl deodorant. I will be sure to buy Lady Speed Stick next time.