October 1, 2014 | 1159 users online

Makeup Brushes - Kevyn Aucoin - Powder/Blush Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by pencilpleat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had this brush for several months now, and used it pretty much every day since, and washed it many many times so I guess a review is in order :)

This brush is way too big for blush, but it is an excellent brush for buffing powder. The only brush that I could use for buffing powder into my face was the Alima #25, because it was reeeeally soft and non-scratchy, but it was kind of small for me to work quickly. This, however, is dense and just the right size for me and the ends of the bristles are very soft (the softest natural bristles I've ever known). Also, it has a long handle, while other kabukis look like men's shaving brushes this one is elegant - nice heavy lucite handle that's a pleasure to hold and to look at (my pic above).

It's pricey but it fits my purpose and I will repurchase if I lose it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2009 1:02:00 PM More reviews by UrbanHibiscus

This brush is insanely overpriced, and is so hard to use imo. The size is so big -- I can't use it for blush, bronzer comes out too densely with it and I don't use powder. LOL at boomgurl's description of how it felt like using a 'cat's tail' on her face. The bristles are soft but no more than my other brushes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2009 9:12:00 PM More reviews by chikky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this brush stood out to me amongst all the other brushes at the mecca stand because it was so big and the handles were so sleek and puuuuurty- kinda elegent looking. The bristles actually felt pretty soft too.

But when I actually bought it and took it home, the bristles felt the same as my other powder brushes, even the fairly cheap ones. darnit**** I should've bought the MAC 134 instead.

I'll definitely use it but I probably shouldn't have spent that money on this. not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2006 11:35:00 PM More reviews by labelslut

It is a great brush imo and it's so damn soft! Very comparable to Trish McEvoy's #5 brush, although TM's is smaller. I couldn't picture it used as a blush, so I use it as a loose powder brush. Like with the Super Soft Buffing brush, it does have a slight problem in shedding but with mine it sheds a couple of hairs with each use. Also similarly to the Super Soft Buffing brush, it is a pleasure to use!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2006 6:59:00 PM More reviews by boomgurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Allthough the bristles are soft, I can't justify the price for it. The lucite handle easily scratches and scuffs. The bristles are too long, I feel like I'm using a cat's tail on my face. This brush is only useful for body powder because the head's too big for powder and not precise enough for blusher.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2006 10:50:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

This is a really nice brush. The only one similiar is my gigantic Prescriptives Powder Brush but the KA is softer. Its not as soft as the buff brush made from blue squirrel but its soft for goat hair. HUGE fluffy head that is very soft and made for a light dusting of powder. I like this with my loose powders, pressed powders, all over bronzers, all over face colors for a very sheer light dusting. The handle is a burgandy lucite and feels very luxurious. $65 is a lot and its not a necessity brush, but it is nice.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2006 11:10:00 AM More reviews by nata779

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's an o'kay brush IMO. Nothing outstanding though. Too huge, I don't seeit applying powder really well and evenly, and blush - at all. It may look good but for me it's useless.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2005 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Skincarediva

This is a huge powder brush, too big to use for blush. I use it to apply my finishing powder. It is one of my favorites from Kevyn Aucoin. I also have his 5-piece set which I can't be without. Yes they are expensive but worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2004 11:03:00 AM More reviews by evesorto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow...what a brush...it feels like mink...I love it although, it is a bit large...it was a splurge but I had to have it...If you want a great blush brush and cant afford this one ($65) then estee lauders brushes are quite nice ($25)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2004 10:28:00 AM More reviews by charlyne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love at the first sight, this is how I feel about this large, round dense fine crafted brush. This is the best I own and I don't think any brush can beat it. It makes you feel heavenly when applying loose powder, its density and roundness are good for applying blush, too. I did notice that the hair fall out easily, so I think it needs to be used carefully. Otherwise, this is a flawless brush.