April 20, 2014 | 1353 users online

Moisturizers - Simple - Kind to Skin Vital Vitamin Night Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by jaaanet2

So I bought this because I thought I should change up my night routine to better my skin. And this seemed to get decent reviews so I thought I would give it a try. (Just to let you know I have very oily skin). At first when I started using this I kind of liked it it, it felt nice on my skin. However, the next day when I wake up this night cream literally made my skin look so oily it was such a turn off and I could see that it would rub off on my pillow case and leave like some oily looking stain. I tried my best to work with it but after using it for a month I cannot stand it anymore, it is just way to heavy for my oily skin. Big mistake on this purchase, the worse part is that it was pricey and being a college student it upsets me that I could have used that on a box of pizza for crying out loud.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2013 7:44:00 AM More reviews by iepurasmic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like that this cream is fragrance free. It does a good job of moisturizing my moderately dry skin. Unfortunately, the good ingredients in this product can not remain stable due to its jar packaging. In addition to that, most of the ingredients are nothing to write home about and this cream is expensive. There are better options out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Lirael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm onto my second pot of this moisturiser and it is definitely a staple for me now! I've used Simple's Replenishing Rich Moisturiser for about 2 years now and I use the Vital Vitamin Night Cream when my skin is feeling extra dry or irritated. Which it almost always is! I have very sensitive skin and I'm trying to heal all my old acne scars. It's also very dry, probably from years of using products to control my acne. I've found this to be a good addition, as my skin gets used to products fairly quickly.

My method is to apply my serum or oil (Bio Oil or Jojoba) first and then apply a moisturiser over the top. It's perfect for nighttime use.

It's not 100% perfect - it does stay sort of greasy, but I don't mind because of what it does for my skin! It's also very cheap by Australian standards and I can buy it in the supermarket.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by anabolina

I bought this on clearance around Christmas and have not been impressed. While it didn't break me out, it did make my skin burn and get a bit red. It's got a fair ammoutn of fragrance in it. It's also got a bit of a greasy finish. I ended up using it as a foot cream and while it's okay at that, it not particularly moisturizing. I finally used it up today. After looking at the ingredients, I am even less impressed:

Water (aqua, eau), PEG-8 beeswax, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, glycerin, squalane, cetyl palmitate, dimethicone, panthenol, tocopheryl acetate, bisabolol, borago officinalis seed oil, allantoin, carbomer, pentylene glycol, lactic acid, sodium lactate, serine, 2-bromo-2-nitropropane-1, 3-diol, sorbitol, sodium chloride, urea, disodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by XOXOamazingrace

This product is just AMAZING! I use it after the Simple toner, and in the morning my skin is moisturized and refreshed. It is just the right consistency, too! My skin has looked radiant from just using this for a week! This also helped my nose which was dry and flaky (even though i have been moisturizing it regularly) and after the first night my nose was back to normal. This is just an all around great product in all aspects, even price at roughly $13, though I got it on sale for $10. This product is just so great!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Tannettasmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have combination skin that is acne prone, and starting to show first signs of aging. I tried this night cream and I love it!! It feels a bit heavy when you first apply it but when it absorbs your skin feels supple and hydrated. I feel that it gives my combination skin a great moisture balance. I know its not anti aging but my fine lines are becoming less visible. When I wake up my skin looks radiant and refreshed. I love that it has no fragrances!! I also use the day lotion with SPF 15. And I like it just as much. Very light and just enough moisture.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Burgandy1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Once wanted to like this product since i have sensitve skin that reacts to everything.. Was very disappointed in this cream was too heavy for my skin and felt that it didnt do anything at all.. will not repurchase at all.. hate the packaging as well would like to use a pump..

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Evilqueen79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cream is not what i expected. I broke out all over my face and it feels really thick on my face and makes my skin feel oily. Maybe it worked for everyone else but not for me. Im very disappointed because its supposed to be for sensitive skin and yet i broke out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by JKLawrence

Where I live this product is named "Vital Vitamin Restoring Night Cream," but I'm pretty sure it's the same product minus the "kind to skin" label. I have extremely sensitive combination skin, but this cream does not irritate my skin, and goes on cool not warm, which I really like. It feels refreshing, and not heavy. I use it in the day as my skin has been drier lately than usual. I wait about 25 minutes for it to absorb completely, and after that my skin feels great. I have dermatitis, and it does not irritate it. I like how it doesn't have petrolatum/mineral oil, and would rather it not have glycerin, but I'll live. A downside is the price for the amount. I used all of this cream in a little over a week. Yes, I use a lot, but like I said my skin has been really dry. So far I have not had an acne break out with this product, and have not had any rashes. It's not the best moisturizer I've ever tried because sometimes my skin has a strange consistency after I use it, and it doesn't keep my skin moist as long as some other creams I've tried that are now discontinued unfortunately. It's a very strong 4/5 however. I like the fact that it is fragrance free and for a "night cream" feels like a cloud, and is non-greasy. Please give this cream a try if you have dermatitis with combination skin like I do. It doesn't break out your oily areas, and is potent enough to completely moisturize your dry, sensitive areas.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by MarcelineVampireQueen

This night cream is definitely rich and moisturizing and my skin is usually baby soft the morning after using it. The only problem I have with it is that it takes a long time to soak in and my skin stays sticky for about half an hour to an hour after application, so I usually apply it well before bed so that it doesn't rub off on to the pillow.