April 20, 2014 | 928 users online

Moisturizers - Formula 10.0.6 - Seriously Shine Free Mattifying Moisturizer

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by popoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

while this product delivers what it claims (mattifying oil-y areas of my face), the formula of the product is too runny. upon opening the product, the moisturizer drips out.

I have been using this product for a week now and I haven't had any breakouts.

as for the scent, my roommate absolutely detests the smell of the product, but i think it's okay. however, if a fragrance-free version were an option, i would purchase that over this one.

i would not purchase this product again because the viscosity of the product ticks me off.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Succey

This product isn't all bad I guess, It does keep my skin oil free (in summers I become oily on T-zone). It is very runny, so be careful when pouring it out because you might get too much. Also I've read some reviews saying how some people have applied it to the eyes... On the packaging it says to "AVOID EYE AREA" in capital letters. Overall I'd say this product is okay, It does help with oilyness, make sure you rub it well into your skin. But I won't be repurchasing due to poor packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2013 4:10:00 AM More reviews by padtai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer broke me out badly after several uses. The packaging was messy. The moisturizer was so runny. Put it away and never look back it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by cyberhd

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It doesn't work for me! First I used this to moisturize my face then I applied the No7 Beautifully Matte Make Up Base and then No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation.3 mattefying products I used and my face still oily & had to blot after couple of hours. Oh well...I have to stop believing in any products that claims mattefying, because it never works for me :(.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I didn't really care for this product that much. I bought it on a whim at Ulta. The name is what first got my attention. I've been looking for a good oil control lotion or gel. This sounded promising. I had a $3.50 off coupon, and bought two items. I don't remember what I paid, but I think it was under $4 with the coupon. I love the huge tube, and I like the scent. The price is also very reasonable. It feels very light and dries quickly.

But there are also quite few things I didn't like. First, this moisturizer is extremely runny. It runs out as soon as you uncap it and tip it over. You don't even have to squeeze. Shaking the tube does seem to help somewhat, but it is still very runny.

I didn't really notice much mattifying effect, at least for me. It also didn't do much of anything in regards to controlling oil. It also didn't help my makeup stay on longer. Even with this product, my makeup still disappeared into oblivion around the 4 hour mark. I was really disappointed. When I read the back of the tube, I was excited. I thought I'd found something that might actually work, but sadly, it didn't live up to its promises. I will probably finish out the tube because I'm getting sick of buying stuff and throwing it in the trash. But I won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by penguin36477

This product did mattify my skin which I liked for putting makeup on. However, it didn't help my dry areas and it started drying out other portions of my face. Even if I liked the product, the packaging is so awful it would prevent me from ever wanting to buy it again. The product comes spilling out and makes a mess in the cap. When you open it, the moisturizer goes everywhere and you have to try scooping it back in the bottle. I am nearly out of this moisturizer and will not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by kinaNHLJETS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Was good the first couple times I used it. Started breaking me out in not so oily areas of my face. Now I only put it on the really oily spots. Don't think I will be repurchasing. Scent is terrible, but not noticeable after application. Consistency too liquidy for this type of packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by mikiclara

I'm irritated because of this product.
No seriously, irritated as in my skin is now covered with freaking pimples.
I found out that you have to use only a certain amount of this product to get a 'shinefree' finish.
This product is a waste, I bought it because the packaging was simple and it looked nice, only to find out that this gooey mess was crap.
I found a way to use this product without throwing it away, though. I use this sometimes on my sunburns and the sunburns fade away pretty nicely, also, I use this on my body as a body moisturizer and I must say, it's not that bad.
Not repurchasing. This product is crap.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Bdklug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so disappointed by this product. I absolutely love the Formula 10.0.6 Deep Down Detox mask, but this moisturizer is absolutely awful. The texture is thin and greasy, and it made me break out! I've just recently really begun to focus on skincare, and I was horrified to find that this moisturizer made my face break out all over.

The packaging is beautiful, but that's pretty much the only positive thing I have to say about this product. Stick with Formula 10.0.6's face masks.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Hazelkitty30

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this for about a month, and it's awful. It moisturizes badly and it leaves the greasiest layer on top. It burns your eyes too! it's not gentle enough to be used around your eyes like a moisturizer should be. I could put it on at night , and in the morning have oil all over my face. it's packaging is pretty bad too, the lid slips right off. the consistency is just completely liquid, i opened the cap and it just started to spill out. it smells bad :L
won't be buying again.