August 23, 2014 | 1378 users online

Moisturizers - Formula 10.0.6 - Seriously Shine Free Mattifying Moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by daisymrgrta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I generally need something to control the oil on my face during the summer. This product caught my eye at Ulta. I bought it and brouht it right back the very next day. Why? BECAUSE IT SMELLED LIKE BABY VOMIT!!!!! I put it on before my primer and immediately noticed the awful smell. I wanted to give it a chance for the smell to go away though but it never did. A couple of hours later I thought the smell was gone but as soon as I started sweating I smelled it again. Other reviewers are saying it's a strong aloe smell but I've never had a problem with the smell of aloe. I've even used fresh aloe on burns and such and have never had aloe smell like baby vomit. I actually happen to like the smell of aloe. This did not smell of aloe. It smelled horrid. Perhaps, I bought a bad batch but I sure won't be buying this stuff again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Cmths

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm one of the few that likes this moisturizer. I'm on my third bottle. I don't use it so much for a moisturizer solely. I use my actual Olay moisturizer first, let that sink in, and then apply this, and I only use it for day. It really mattifies my skin, just like it promises. I have never broken out because of it, I don't feel overly dry, and it doesn't sting my eyes. However, I'm with other reviewers on the smell. It doesn't smell perfumey, but more industrial. We're probably all just smelling the ingredients since there isn't a perfume to cover it. The smell doesn't linger, and I like this product too much to let that temporary smell stop me.

Now, the formula is runny. It's the same with the Best Face Forward cleanser from the same brand. It's watery and takes a little more concentration to make sure it doesn't spill out. A little of this goes a long way, but the consistency sometimes leaves me with a lot more in my hand. However, I found a solution for that actually. I had an empty spray bottle (it was a Stay All Day setting spray, but I used it up). I washed that out and put the moisturizer in there. It's liquid enough to spray through the nozzle without clogging, and it's easier to control. Now it's like a mattifying setting spray plus moisturizer. I just close my eyes and spritz my face, then rub in with my fingertips. It has been much easier to control this way versus trying to find the right tilt angle to keep from losing mass amounts of product. If your only beef with this product is the watery formula, give the spray bottle solution a try.

I will buy this again. The price is phenomenal for a moisturizer, especially because there is so much product. Plus, it leaves me shine free. With a little inventive alteration to the packaging, this is my go-to forsure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

I don't notice an offensive scent, but I agree that the product is liquid. That's probably because there aren't any thickeners in it, and most creams/lotions have those in order to keep that thick and rich texture. I mostly bought it because I hate the feeling of moisturizers in the summer, and I need a t zone mattifier. It works and does the job, so I could care less if it's runny.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by popoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

while this product delivers what it claims (mattifying oil-y areas of my face), the formula of the product is too runny. upon opening the product, the moisturizer drips out.

I have been using this product for a week now and I haven't had any breakouts.

as for the scent, my roommate absolutely detests the smell of the product, but i think it's okay. however, if a fragrance-free version were an option, i would purchase that over this one.

i would not purchase this product again because the viscosity of the product ticks me off.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Succey

This product isn't all bad I guess, It does keep my skin oil free (in summers I become oily on T-zone). It is very runny, so be careful when pouring it out because you might get too much. Also I've read some reviews saying how some people have applied it to the eyes... On the packaging it says to "AVOID EYE AREA" in capital letters. Overall I'd say this product is okay, It does help with oilyness, make sure you rub it well into your skin. But I won't be repurchasing due to poor packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2013 4:10:00 AM More reviews by padtai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer broke me out badly after several uses. The packaging was messy. The moisturizer was so runny. Put it away and never look back it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by cyberhd

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It doesn't work for me! First I used this to moisturize my face then I applied the No7 Beautifully Matte Make Up Base and then No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation.3 mattefying products I used and my face still oily & had to blot after couple of hours. Oh well...I have to stop believing in any products that claims mattefying, because it never works for me :(.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I didn't really care for this product that much. I bought it on a whim at Ulta. The name is what first got my attention. I've been looking for a good oil control lotion or gel. This sounded promising. I had a $3.50 off coupon, and bought two items. I don't remember what I paid, but I think it was under $4 with the coupon. I love the huge tube, and I like the scent. The price is also very reasonable. It feels very light and dries quickly.

But there are also quite few things I didn't like. First, this moisturizer is extremely runny. It runs out as soon as you uncap it and tip it over. You don't even have to squeeze. Shaking the tube does seem to help somewhat, but it is still very runny.

I didn't really notice much mattifying effect, at least for me. It also didn't do much of anything in regards to controlling oil. It also didn't help my makeup stay on longer. Even with this product, my makeup still disappeared into oblivion around the 4 hour mark. I was really disappointed. When I read the back of the tube, I was excited. I thought I'd found something that might actually work, but sadly, it didn't live up to its promises. I will probably finish out the tube because I'm getting sick of buying stuff and throwing it in the trash. But I won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by penguin36477

This product did mattify my skin which I liked for putting makeup on. However, it didn't help my dry areas and it started drying out other portions of my face. Even if I liked the product, the packaging is so awful it would prevent me from ever wanting to buy it again. The product comes spilling out and makes a mess in the cap. When you open it, the moisturizer goes everywhere and you have to try scooping it back in the bottle. I am nearly out of this moisturizer and will not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by kinaNHLJETS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Was good the first couple times I used it. Started breaking me out in not so oily areas of my face. Now I only put it on the really oily spots. Don't think I will be repurchasing. Scent is terrible, but not noticeable after application. Consistency too liquidy for this type of packaging.