November 27, 2014 | 1337 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Xtreme Wear in Wet Cement

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by alwaysalice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Though I gave this a four star rating because it is a bit watery and tends to flake more than other brands (even with a quality topcoat) but it is absolutely affordable and is a fantastic colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by ksmosley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Awesome color! Its a muted gray that is perfect for even a conservative office. Color is completely opaque with two coats. Flattering on virtually every skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by lovebiancaaa

If you're looking for a light gray color with awesome staying power, you've chosen the right nail polish. I've been looking for the perfect gray shade for a while, and I found this while I was browsing in Walgreens. This color goes completely opaque in just 2 coats (as do most Sally Hansen products), you could even get away with one if you were really careful. You can definitely wear it for an extended time, but I love changing my colors all the time unless I really love the color, which was the case with Wet Cement. The packaging is cute as well. Definitely give it a try if you're into light, pastel-like colors! It goes great with any outfit in any season.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by glitzerland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS NAIL POLISH! I was reluctant to see what it would look like against my medium skin tone, but it is literally the perfect grey, especially for fall. Great finish, lasts for about a week without chipping if you use a top coat, and comes at a great price. The colour also comes out exactly like the bottle shows, and I only did one coat! Love this!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by PetitOwl

I really like this color. It is an understate light gray. I used 2-3 coats to achieve opacity. It lasted quite a while (5 days) but I had top coat on. I usually feel like taking polish off after 3 days because the tip wear and nail growth looks too obvious to me. However, I was able to keep this polish on for more than 3 days because the color is light enough that the tip wear and nail growth don't look very obvious. The only thing I didn't like was that my nails look a tiny bit gray after removing the polish, so it might've stained my nails a little bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by kikirose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this color, it's a mid tone gray. I needed about two coats and it's not streaky. I did notice slight chips after two days but it will last longer with a top coat.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2012 9:08:00 AM More reviews by malonb

i was impressed by this polish. i've been using sally hansen for a long time and from my experience, 2-3 coats(if not more) are always needed. with this i got away with 1 which is so AMAZING. nice formula(all tho i still recommend closing and giving it a shake in between) 'cause it did start getting traces of slight goopiness by the time i finished. dries with a nice shine(no topcoat needed) and honestly i wasn't expecting a drab color like this to be so wearable. i graded 4 'cause it still does have issues with the drying time(but which SH polish doesn't). i scored this a 75% off too, which makes it more of a win. i topped mine w/ a glitter clear polish just to add something extra..love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2011 2:18:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sally Hansen's Tough as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Wet Cement (37) is a light grey nail enamel with a cream finish. Sally Hansen polishes are formaldehyde, toluene and DBP free, as well as cruelty free. Sally Hansen polishes are produced in America. I received my .40fl oz (11.8ml) bottle as a giveaway prize from dela belle. I believe these polishes retail for around $3.
Xtreme Wear polishes have fairly unique packaging, as far as nail polish goes. The tall, round bottle is made of thick glass and has a silver, metal cap. Quality packaging for such a cheap polish. Seeing as the cap is made of metal, I have my doubts about it cracking or coming detached from the top of the brush.
The brush is long, flat, and moderately wide. The brush has a good amount of stiffness to it. It takes two strokes to cover my nails.
Wet Cement applies well. The formula is almost perfect, but it could do with being a little thicker. The formula also has a tendency to be a little bubbly, something I rarely encounter. I generally wear three coats of Wet Cement, but two could also do if you apply it very precisely.
The first coat is sheer and uneven. The second coat adds more color, but is still pretty uneven. The thirdcoat evens everything out and gives it a nice creamy finish. The cream finish really compliments the color of Wet Cement.
Wet Cement's name is pretty descriptive. It's the color of a freshly poured sidewalk. It's an uncommon and chic color, especially for short, square nails. It has the slightest lilac tinge to it, so you could get away with calling it a "dove grey", if you don't like to refer to your polishes as the color of a sidewalk. Wet Cement is definitely a cool toned polish. It seems like the kind of color that's hard for anyone but the coolest, palest of of complexions to pull off. I also can't see it wearing this much in the warmer months. Still it's a very pretty shade of grey that goes with pretty much everything. It's so wearable. I want to wear it all winter long.
And I probably could. The wear time for Wet Cement is fantastic. It survived making Thanksgiving dinner without a single chip. There isn't even any tip wear for three days. I get five days of wear over all. I'd probably get more if I didn't use my hands so much.
I highly recommend Wet Cement if you're in the market for a light grey lacquer. It wears so well and is quite affordable. I also like the packaging. This is a polish that rivals the quality of China Glaze for half the price. I'm really curious about the rest of the Xtreme Wear line now. I'll probably pick a few more up sometime. I suggest you do the same. Let me know what colors you like. I'm glad I won this when I did because I was quite curious about grey polishes at the time.
I forgot to mention dry time, about 1:15 per coat. Not too bad, but not a fast dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by bella700

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this nail polish. It dries fast and looks great. The color is so pretty. I've never found another color that compares to the creamy gray color of this one. I get compliments on it every time I wear it. It's inexpensive too!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 4:51:00 AM More reviews by kiburford

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This nail polish color is so amazing.Ive been looking for a pretty cream grey and when i saw this at kmart i just had to have it. This color is the prefect color for almost every event,it goes with everything.It also doesn't stain,not to goopy or thick,and it doesn't chip alot.If you dont have this color i strongly suggest that you get it as soon as possible