Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Pacific Blue

4.6

on 1/8/2015 1:17:00 PM

I too had the original formula, and after running low went out to buy more unaware that they had changed it. This new one is nothing compared to the first :( The new color isn't ugly, but it is nowhere near as unique. The drying time is ridiculous, and the consistency is thick and pretty sheer. No idea how long it lasts as it is still drying on my nails now. So bummed- bring back the original SH!!!

on 11/21/2014 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Pros: Great Color. Inexpensve
Cons: Poor drying time, Not Opaque (requires at least 3 good coats)
I was dissapointed. Expected this formula to last longer b/c of the name and better quality from Sally Hansen brand since I typically am pleased w/their products.

on 8/13/2014 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

amazing cornflower blue nail polish. pacific blue is my religion. sucks that they changed the formula.

on 8/12/2014 4:44:00 PM

This polish is a one coat! A beautiful shade of blue that is good for any time of the year, HOWEVER, THEY HAVE CHANGED THE FORMULA. I have yet to test the new formula but I have only heard bad things, shame on you Sally Hansen, why change an already amazing and best selling nail polish? To save money probably. Anyways, if you have the creamy, opaque, one coat pacific blue, then it is a for sure win. DO NOT BUY THE NEW ONE.

on 7/24/2014 2:54:00 PM

I've written a review for this polish already but i just painted my nails with this again and I have to go off about it again. Honestly the most amazing nail polish EVERRRRRRR. You only need one coat, the most beautiful colour ever and dries super shiny/fast and looks like shellac I LOVE IT !!!!!!

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure

this nail polish takes forever to dry but once it finally does it is almost impossible to get off. which can be a great yet bad thing when your done wearing it and you still have bright blue all over your nails. but hey it does say extreme wear

on 6/21/2014 2:53:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I purchased the original Pacific Blue--that is, the cornflower creme, sans shimmer--and I am pleased with it thus far. The application process was not as easy as these reviews led me to believe--my brush had an errant bristle sticking out, and the formula was a bit gloopy and rubbery-drying--but the colour payoff meant that I needed just 1.5 coats for opacity, and the very fast dry time floored me. I've had good luck with the Xtreme Wear line when it comes to longevity. It's frustrating, then, that Sally Hansen replaced this colour with a tacky shimmery doppelganger, because I would repurchase the original.

edited, for the Canadians in the crowd: I bought this at Shoppers Drug Mart as part of an Xtreme Wear line sale (so, not on clearance, which is reassuring!)

on 6/20/2014 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my favorite nail polish color....BUT I will never again buy it. Why? They reformulated the color AND formula. Warning...this new Pacific Blue with the updated writing is NOT the original. The original is a unique cornflower blue that is just stunning and it's creme, NOT jelly or shimmer. The new one is jelly and has shimmer. It's also a lot darker. Nothing like the original.

If you can find the old formula, buy them asap. The only dupe for this original color I can find that is the CLOSEST to formula and color is by JulieG Nail Color in Cabana Boy. Essie Butler Please is NOT a dupe. People on Youtube keep saying it is, it is NOT a dupe. Essie is darker and the formula is different.

Sally Hansen who is owned by Coty and Coty owns OPI; if anyone knows of a dupe within the OPI line please let us know! I am so furious they changed this color, it is not the same color or formula.

on 6/20/2014 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Gorgeous color but beaware these are being reformulated.The new color is much darker and looks nothing like the original. I was able to pick a bottle of the old version at rite aid.

on 5/5/2014 10:29:00 PM

Full Size Image
The Pacific Blue I just bought today looks NOTHING like the swatches/photos online, and it's not at all opaque. Did they change the formula? What I have is a deep slightly shimmery sheer electric blue jelly and all the photos I've seen are an opaque bright cornflower blue creme. SO confused.