September 19, 2014 | 1103 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Complete Salon Manicure - Pat on the Black

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by iamlizlemon

This is a beautiful color. As others described, it is a deep, dark reddish plum shade. This particular line has a very nice color selection, great wide brush and is opaque in two coats. The reason I can only give it a low rating is because the formula is absolutely terrible. The worst formulation I've ever experienced and so much worse than $2 Wet n Wild polishes. I have used every base and top coat imaginable including the indestructible Seche Vite but still get tip wear within hours and major chipping within a day. I know that Sally Hansen has reformulated these polishes but I haven't seen them yet in any stores. I will update this post when I have tried them. I still have bottle upon bottle of these and they look fantastic and apply well but unfortunately just are not functional as a nail polish.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Sassy_Pants77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The title is a bit of a misnomer. It's not actually black, but kind of a purpley plumb colour. It's good for pedi's but looks too dull for fingers. It lacks shine and punch. Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

I don't tend to buy a lot of nail polish but this has to be one of my favorite shades. Like others said, it's a dupe for OPI Lincoln Park After Dark. It's such a gorgeous sultry burgundy, I immediately want to dress up after wearing this color. It looks great when I have my nails short and even better when they're long. Pat on the Black is pure sophistication. I usually only need two coats and haven't experienced streakiness. A definite deal :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the complete salon line from Sally Hansen. I have it in Guilty Pleasure and Angel Wings. Guilty Pleasure has been one of my HGs ever since I started using nail polishes. Angel Wings looks great alone or over another polish. I am biased to any purple/burgandy color and have been looking for a vampy dark polish for sometime now.

I grabbed this one when it was on sale at my local drug store. It is a very dark plum color that looks like black with indoor lights. However, no matter how dark it looks, it still has this plum/purple undertone to it. Under natural lights, the plum part shows up a lot.

I have always enjoyed the packaging and formula of this line. I still use a base and quick dry top coat though. With the two coats on, the polish can easily stay for a whole week without chipping or peeling. I am also a fan of the wide brush because for me, it makes the application much easier.

I absolutely enjoy this color. I think it is great for the fall/winter seaon.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2011 12:26:00 AM More reviews by ChronicKat

This is a very pretty deep dark purple. Its a great fall color, I got it al Walmart. Its a little thin and streaky, so you need at least two coats. Plus I used a base and top coat.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 2:44:00 AM More reviews by DianaBlackbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the color! Dark cranberry purplr. Dont know why its named pat on the black but non the less a really nice dark purple. One coat and you get this cool black rimmed effect with purple in the middle. 2 coats and it becomes a dark maroon vampy color. Not really a spring color but I couldnt help myself, I'm a sucker for dark shades & doing the opposite trend. Lol. Its been a day so Ill update how long it takes to chip and all. Update- chipped easily after one day. Hmm...not good but still a nice color for going out on an evening.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2010 1:49:00 PM More reviews by maxmommy2

This is a beautiful, deep plum color. The forumla doesn't knock me out, though--I get chips within hours of wearing. It probably needs a separate top coat.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by flatteries

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this color! I'm wearing it right now and I can't stop staring at my nails. It's super shiny and had great coverage with two coats. The only drawback is that I got some tip wear by the second day, but I imagine that is with any dark nail color. Overall, I would definitely recommend this shade. Gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by doxiegirls

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have worn OPI's Lincoln Park After Dark for years now and love it. It's the polish I reach for most often, especially in the fall and winter. My bottle is getting a bit up there in years and is taking longer to dry than I'd like, so when I saw Pat on the Black at Target yesterday I picked it up. I love the Complete Salon Manicure line and have about 6 different colors, all of which go on and wear really well. After 2 coats on my fingernails this color is identical to Lincoln Park After Dark, which I currently have on my toes. Side-by-side there is absolutely no difference, which is great since I really like the Sally formula and brush better. I've always been an OPI girl, but this line is really swaying me and I tend to gravitate toward it, even with OPI and Essie sitting on the shelves in front of me at Target.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2010 12:19:00 PM More reviews by macfanatic88

My favorite and my go-to dark shade. With 2 coats I can achieve the desired darkness--which is a dark maroon. I am on my 3 bottle of this..highly recommended!