Orly Powder Puff

2.5

on 4/16/2014 9:45:00 PM

Weak, weak, weak.

I did an Orly buy-two-get-one-free deal, and threw this one into the mix. I was hoping for a strong white. What I got was a watery, streaky, mucus-like color. The consistency is AWFUL. Even after two coats, it was weak.

If you're looking for a strong bright-white, try Finger Paints 'Paper Mache.' White nail polish doesn't get any brighter and thicker than that.

Skip this one.

on 5/14/2013 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

What a polish nightmare. Stay away from this loser. To start with the brush is very small and it takes several strokes to apply the polish, secondly the formula is thin and watery and it floods the cuticles and pools badly. Thirdly, as is common with sheer polishes it streaks very badly. I used 2 coats and while I like the overall sheer wash of color in the end result, there are better polishes out there that accomplish the same result without the hassle. I like the wide rubber grip top but it's a shame the little brush is substandard. I have much better brushes in my Wet n Wild 1.99 polishes. Orly is threes times that at $6 and I would expect a better more professional brush. This did dry pretty quickly though and it is an appropriate polish for when you want a natural look or need an office friendly polish color.

on 5/29/2011 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

in my search for "thee" hg sheer ivory color (some people say "nude") i decided to try this color, based on the praise of the brand as a whole. RUBBISH. i wish my sally's beauty supply would just stop selling the orly line altogether because of my hatred for this one color. (i do love their "rage" polish, however; it is magnificent.) powder puff could be great--it's a good sheer ivory, very pretty, cool-toned, nice--if it weren't for its horrible streakiness. it really sucks. two coats is streaky & uneven, three coats is too thick & gunky. skip this one & buy two cheap sally hansen ones instead. it's total crap.

on 11/8/2010 12:43:00 AM

To use it for a french manicure it is very streaky and to use it all over it gets thick and uneven. Trash.

on 9/21/2010 8:07:00 AM

It's a grayish white color. great for a french manicure. I love it for that. I don't think I could wear it as an all over color. I do love it .

on 3/2/2010 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this color. Creamy sheerish white. I'm usually very happy with Orly nail polishes and find that they stay on really well with minimal chipping for days. This one is the exception. I've only had it on one day and it's starting to chip. I use base coat and top coats. I also wish the brush was a little wider. With a thin brush like this it tends to get a little streaky if not applied quickly enough. Won't repurchase which is a shame as I said before I love this color.

Popular Polishes