December 22, 2014 | 882 users online

Moisturizers - Laneige - Water Bank Hydro Gel

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by stellaclearwater

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got a sample tube of this gel, and it smells very nice and feels very light and moisturizing on my face, leaving no feeling of tightness or oiliness behind.
However about five days later I started to get small whiteheads on my cheeks which I usually don't break out there. Not sure if it is due to this gel, but I have stopped using it for about a month and the bumpy whiteheads have gone away.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 2:58:00 AM More reviews by nanababyboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This happened 2 years ago. I was roaming around the mall looking for a new skincare products that not only suitable for my skin but also affordable. I have a skin type that may seem oily from the outside yet dehydrated on the inside. I came across Laneige and told the girl at the counter my skin problem. She advised me to try Laneige Water Bank Hydro Gel. I was reluctant to try at first so I asked for samples instead.

Once I got home I straight away try this product and to my surprise, I immediately fell in love with it! Besides the fact that it comes in a pretty container, the texture of this product somehow attracted me. It is not only light yet moisturizes my skin at the same time. It makes my skin feels good and fresh all day long. Oh, and it smells nice too! Few days later, I went and grab the full size jar for myself and I've been using it ever since.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by azaleadeez

A lightweight basic decent moisturizer to use in the day. This provides slightly more hydration compared to Loreal's hydrafresh (anti shine) moisturizer and yet doesn't cause extra shine to oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by xPinkStuff

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have sensitive combination skin that leans dry in the winter and quite oily in the summer. This moisturizer comes in an aqua blue glass jar with a screw top lid and is a clear, and tinted slightly blue. It usually includes a clear spatula at the bottom. The packaging is quite pretty and 'clean' in appearance.
This is definitely not for dry skin but would be great for someone with oily to combination as this is very lightweight but still fairly moisturizing without provoking more oil production. I use this on my t zone in the winter and on my entire face in the summer. Unfortunately, there is no spf with this moisturizer, but with a formula so light and thin, there is really no point in slapping on enough to get the spf anyway. This dries to a satin to matte finish on me. I also use this as a night cream because although I produce oil like a mofo at night, I also don't want to dry out my skin before I sleep so that I produce more. I bought this for $30CDN at Amore.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by iloveskincaresososomuch

loooooooooooooove <3
really light, yet moisturizing! nice for that sping/fall season where your skin isn't thaaat dry but still needs some hydration.
can't live without :)

ps. my skin's crazy oily AND hyper sensitive, and this works wonders for me. doesn't break me out.
oh and it's really soothing - l tried a neutrogena wash and it irritated the crap out of my skin, but when l used the st.ives olive oil cleanser along with this moisturizer my skin's allll better.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2010 2:15:00 AM More reviews by Querida

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I was looking for something hydrating for night use, but not so hydrating that it clogs my skin. I live in the tropics so hot and humid days (and nights) are things I have to bear in mind when looking for skincare products. I am glad to say that Laneige Water Bank Hydro Gel works for me.

It is a moisturising gel that locks in moisture despite its light texture. It comes in a jar, so you have to dig out the product, which is a light opalescent blue gel. Kind of unhygienic but the product itself works well. I feel a cooling sensation after application, which is good considering the sweltering heat in Singapore for the past few months. I use this at night and the Pore Trouble Hydro Gel in the day and so far, both are working great. My skin is hydrated and feels nice and plump. RRP is 50sgd.

Those seeking more intensive moisture might need to look elsewhere, though.