November 26, 2014 | 1888 users online

Lip Treatments - Philosophy - Kiss Me Tonight

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2014 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Lauren10409

This stuff doesn't work that well and I really wanted to like it. I didnt like it because it left a weird film on my mouth the next morning and no real results. I finally found my HG lip healer--Jack Black!!!!!! Must tryyy

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Lydia1703

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The inside part of my bottom lip was always dry, made me feel really annoyed because my lipsticks created a round of lipstain there, especially matte lipsticks. Philosophy Kiss Me Tonight solved it. This lip treatment "locks" the moisture inside my lips for a long period of time and it can be used as a lip exfoliator. I always apply a thick layer on my lips at night and often at noon if I don't need to go out. The texture is really glossy and the pinkishness appears transparent when you put it on. My lips are incredibly soft and smooth when I wake up.

Philosophy Kiss Me Tonight is the most expensive lip treatment I've ever purchased but it's worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 9:52:00 AM More reviews by QuietAzure

I found this on a trip overseas, and a year later I'm still using it, because there is no other lip treatment for me that works quite as well as this one.

Very often my lips are left in a very bad shape if I don't moisturize it or take care of it properly - chapped, and sometimes bleeding. This treatment generally leaves my lips in much better shape the next morning when I apply it overnight, and sometimes I even use it during the day or when I know I won't be going out for the day, especially autumn or winter when the weather is particularly dry. It smooths out my lip, moisturizes it, and leaves it feeling soft and smooth.

The only downside is that it's a bit on the expensive side, but normally you don't need to apply a large amount, and lasts for a while, so it's worth repurchasing when it runs out.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2014 5:28:00 AM More reviews by HeidiDriesen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

In the beginning I loved this product, now, I still think it is OK, but there is a problem with the texture changing.
When I started using it, it was soft and rich, I woke up with smooth lips.
After a while I found that the product was getting "gritty", like there were little beads in the product, more or less like a scrub.
It's a shame, it feels like the product has gone bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 10:05:00 AM More reviews by EssieLinden

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this lipbalm. It's the first balm for me that actually does what it is supposed to do - it makes my lips soft, smooth and hydrated. I use this before I go to bed an dwake up with nice soft lips. My lips have never felt or looked better.

The texture is thick, but not sticky and I like the faint scent the lipbalm has.

I will definitely repurchase this balm whenI run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by sydniey

This lip balm is amazing! I use it every night when I sleep. I used to have lips that dried easily, but after using this my lips have been soft and moisturized 24/7. And when I wake up I exfoliate and it's incredible.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Excellent excellent... beyond words good. This product can only be compared to highly concentrated vitamin e oil, that's the only other thing that works as well. Put this on your lips in the morning and you won't need to reapply all day. It's amazing

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a decent night treatment for lips and came across this on the Mecca Cosmetica website.
They also had it in a display along with similar products at the front of the store so I went with this one judging by the good reviews.

TEXTURE/SCENT/APPEARANCE
I'd say this is a bit thicker than vaseline but doesnt have the same tackiness, this is smoother and more butter-like. Scent is very faint vanilla mint with some kinda herby waxy scent in there. Not pleasant but doesnt bother me in the slightest. Keeps my lips feeling comfortable during the night.
Comes in a plastic pot with a black lid, the product itself had a pink tint that doesn't translate to the lips. Leaves lips with a medium gloss.

PERFORMANCE
Does better than a regular balm at night would. Its hard to say because if I leave this on for say, 30 mins and then wipe off, my lips are left baby smooth. But if I leave it on all night it doesn't make a whole lotnof difference..
For the price and the hype I will say it's a decent balm, but nowhere near a 'treatment.'
Its 'good' but I won't repurchase as there are better things out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by georginags

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

After reading the excellent reviews on this I just had to give it a try! I'm yet to use this as a nighttime treatment but so far it has kept my lips totally moisturised throughout the day.

I don't suffer from extremely dry lips but since I've been wearing lipsticks over the winter, my lips tend to dry up and flake a lot more. I've noticed that if I've put on a lipstick before work, by midday my lips are in shocking condition. I end up removing all lipstick before lunch and just stick to pawpaw or one of those Nivea lip balms for the rest of the day. And I constantly need to reapply those. With this, I you need a tiny little bit and you only need to apply it once. That's it!! I'm loving the texture too. It's a lot smoother than pawpaw and doesn't feel slimy/oily like Vaseline. It smells delicious and doesn't feel heavy on the lips.

Downside for a lot of people: it is on the pricey side. However, I've learnt that if something works, I don't really mind spending that little bit more. I've spent so much money on cheaper alternatives and I always end up regretting it. The way I see it, you pay 11 dollars here in Australia for a giant tub of pawpaw. And because you're reapplying, it goes a lot faster. Pay the extra 8 dollars and you could get something better. So don't hesitate!! Buy it! Your lips will love you for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by lawgirl07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lip balm has amazingly cute packaging and a really lovely colour. It's got a very faint pinkish tint so it makes your lips look really cute.

On the downside though, I found it to be a tad sticky (so annoying on windy days when your hair gets stuck to your lips). In addition to that, while it WAS moisturising, it wasn't quite as good as products like lucas' paw paw ointment or blistex.

Overall, I'd stick to other products if my lips need serious moisturising but having said that, this product is perfect for finishing off a look and adding shine to your lips.