April 18, 2014 | 1838 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Ionika - Pro Styling Iron

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by KaylaRay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

AMAZING! Heats up super fast, super affordable (I got mine at Winners for $29.00!) and super cute! I love the prints on the different irons. I adore this flat iron!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Zsara2142

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Everyone should have a pair of IONICA'S...move over the market standard! I have always used ''Professional Hair Straighteners''. My regular pro's were a well known brand beg with G...i had them for a good few years and they were good, so when I went to replace them this year with the ruby red limited edition pair from my hairdressers priced at 130, I went home thinking I had a great product....but I was to be extremely disappointed...between my first purchase and the new one, something has changed with them, they were not faulty - just not up to standard or the quality previously enjoyed and certainly not hot enough, neither was the grip tension in the wand effective enough to hold on to hair sections, in short 'over-rated and over-priced'!.......So then I was on the hunt for new ones...I happened across TKMAXX today and saw the ''IONICA' ones in the sale down to 8.00 from a previous price of 12 and something ridiculous before that, and thought what the hell, I have nothing to lose, -got them home and tried them out. I was shocked at how AMAZING they were. They heated up very quickly, quicker than the pro ones, with a choice of temperature up to the maximum heat required for straightening, and the results were nothing short of OUTSTANDING. I am going back to buy a few more pairs, and even if I ever have to pay more at some point in the distant future, I dont care, it will be well worth it. Incidentally when I tried to return my limited edition ones because they were not 'fit' for the purpose intended, the shop tried to say, that I couldnt return them as they had been used!!! I politely told them that that was a crock of you know what and that if that was the case, they should have invited me to 'try' the product before buying and advised me of their 'returns' policy. As they did neither, they were rather left with egg on their faces and had to take them back, but ten out of ten for trying it on. A product has to be fit for the purpose it's intended, or its useless. What can you do with straighteners that don't work??..except throw them in the bin....sorry if I have digressed and gone on a bit, but hope this helps:)))) :p

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 2:07:00 AM More reviews by uglyfetty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS FLAT IRON! This is the most amazing product I have ever used. Everything about it, is just....Amazing! The packaging, quality, design, PRICE, is perfect.

I have owned only one other straightener, a Conair, and boy was it horrible! I had been wanting to buy a flat iron for a VERY long time, but i wanted one under $50, and it's pretty hard to find an amazing one under that price.

I was in Marshall's one day, and was going through their flat irons, when i spotted the bright, pink, zebra printed packaging of this iron. The box it came in was adorable! It had a sort of magnetic-cardboard thing, and it came with a heat-safe pouch.

I was reading the info on the box, it goes up to 410 degrees, was infused with tourmaline, and could also curl and flick hair. I thought, why not? It was only $25!

When I came home, I immediately plugged it in. It heated up in just 10 seconds! It only took one swipe to straighten each section, and I do NOT have straight/wavy hair, it's extremely curly.

It took me about 30 minutes, and when i was finished, my hair looked like I had just walked out of the salon!

Then I became OBSESSED with this iron, i used it almost everyday, and with some heat protectant, it did no damage to my hair. My hair becomes so soft and silky and AMAZING when i use this.

Even my sister became obsessed with it, she used to steal it from me, until she got a Remington Wet2Dry, which, unfortunately, snagged and damaged her hair very badly.

This is an AMZING product, and if your looking for a great quality product, that you can get for dirt cheap, head over to Marshall's, Ross, TJ Maxx, etc.

I wouldn't know what I would do without this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2010 12:43:00 PM More reviews by prettycave

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like the way this iron leaves my hair. Other irons would leave my hair frizzy, but this one keeps it smooth, even over night. I sleep kinda crazy and my hair always gets messed up, but this iron keps my hair pretty strait. I use morrocan oil, and got 2b flat iron protecting spray. I like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Tokameaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found this at marshalls...for 24.99$....oh my gosh it works like a dream...mine is yellow with pink butterflies...it works even better than my 200$ flat iron i got at the mall and finally broke...i am very happy with this flat iron :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by malane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this at Marshalls on clearance for $24 -- what an amazing bargain! This is a really, really good flat iron.

Several years ago I bought a Sedu (very expensive) from folica.com and really liked it, but sold it on ebay about a year ago as a cost-saving measure. When I started to miss having a flat iron, I knew I couldn't afford much, so I hit Marshalls for some bargains. My first purchase, a Belson (I think you can get them at Sally's), was a disaster, leaving me with fried hair. Then I decided on Ionika even though it's not a well-known brand. Boy, am I glad I did. It leaves my hair smooth, soft and not dried-out at all, just like I remember from the Sedu.

Honestly, if you can't afford some of the more well-known brands, you would not be sacrificing at all with an Ionika. Granted I've only used it once so I can't speak to how it will hold up, but so far so good.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by breezyboo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

After my beloved Solia died ( one of the plates fell out), I felt like I had to try something new. The Solia was still really pricey, even on Folica.com, so I tried hunting for a new iron that was under $50. That's when I found this little beauty--in TJ Maxx of all places!
I bought this for $29.99, and it had a cute purple leopard print all over it. I had a hard time deciding between this, the PHI, and Cortex flat iron next to it which I had all heard of, and I had never heard of Ionika before.
The fact that it was ceramic infused with tourmaline plates, had superior temperature range (140-450 degrees! Just like my dear old Solia :D), and claimed to reach maximum temperature in 10 seconds (like my Solia, again!) won me over. The cute packaging and design also helped too, but it also made me a little wary.
I think it also comes with a lifetime warranty, which is always a good thing. ;)
It also came with a cute leopard heat pouch, if that matters.
After doing some reasearch on it, I find out it retails for $150! $29.99 was a good deal, I'm thinking. I open the package and try to use it for a night out, and I am pleasantly-no, RADICALLY surprised.
It is... EXACTLY like the Solia, but with a much cuter design. My favorite thing about the Solia, the famed "Dynamic Aligment System" that made it pretty impossible to snag your hair in the plates is also featured in the Ionika.
The layout of it, like the temperature dial and the ON/OFF switch is pretty much the same design. They both have a swivel cord and the same temperature range. They both have tourmaline-infused ceramic, moving plates.
They both feature that " negative ion" thing that supposedly prevents frizziness. The only difference is that the Ionika is 1 1/2 inches, unlike my Solia's 1 1/4.
I turn the dial to where about 380-90 degrees would be, and it heats up within 30 seconds.
I'm thinking, OMG, this is the ghost of my Solia, on STEROIDS.
When I straighten my terribly thick, long, curly hair in less than 30 minutes and spot no sign of frizz or flyaways, I think "Why have I never heard about this?" It was great. My hair was shiny-smooth-straight all night and the day after that, until I got caught in a rainstorm.
I'm overjoyed and ecastatic about this product. It boggles my mind that nobody's reviewed it yet on here! My only peeve about it is that it has a little "burning" smell when you first use it, but that's common with just about any heated hair tool. :)
I just straightened my bangs, and they feel as smooth as butter and are STRAIGHT. Also, like my Solia, it seems like it hardly damages your hair at all, and with my heat-protectant spray, I'd be surprised if it did!
I would recommend this product to anyone, or anything with hair that wants to be straight. I found this at TJ Maxx for CHEAP, so I'm sure you could probably find it lounging around somewhere at a Marshall's or a Ross. :D