August 29, 2014 | 927 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - Intense i-color w/Interplay Technology- Brown Eye Trio

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by dcalhalabi93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you are buying this eyeshadow to "Enhance your eye color" than don't bother. As an experienced cosmetologist I can say that the color choices are all wrong for enhancing certain eye colors and the given "placements" of the colors are wrong as well.

Correct color enhancement is not made for a simple "Brown" "Blue" "Green" diagnostic but rather the undertones in the eye. For example, my brown eyes have a touch of orange/red tones which will be enhanced by wearing the contrasting color on the color wheel (Blues and greens). People with green would do well with pinks or certain browns with a copper undertone. ....you get the idea.

Not only this, but the eye shadows are hardly pigmented and so what looks like a green in the container comes out to be somewhat of a grayish color and what looks like a deep purple will be an obnoxious pinky shade or even a brown depending, and peach might not even show up unless you have darker skin.

It is just my opinion, Almay products are highly overpriced for what you are buying. You can pay half or a quarter of the cost of some of their products and get better quality cosmetics buy buying Revlon, Rimmel, L'Oreal, or some of the other "Cheaper" brands, and love the result 100% more if you buy what REALLY suits you and not what the company is telling you suits you.

You DON'T always get what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm reviewing the trio for browns here. I don't have brown eyes but I fell in love with the look of this trio when I spotted it in the store. The darkest shade is a deep neutral brown, the middle shade is peach, and the lightest shade is ivory. All three shades have a slight shimmer to them. I love this trio because the colors are perfect, the pigment is perfect and the shimmer is subtle and well, perfect. The colrs are blendable and wearable. The darkest shade can be applied lighter or darker, depending on your preference. The peach shade is flattering and not orangey, as I find with many peach toned shadows. I think this kit is for everyone, not just those with brown eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by vickig92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

With a primer, this product is pretty ok/good. Without a primer, it is not very pigmented like most drugstore shadows.

I always had my eye on these shadows just because it said it was great for brown eyes. Nothing remarkable, I have many different companies with these same colors. Lavenders, purples, plums, and eggplants are good for making brown eyes pop, so you can get any company you really want.

I got it because it was on sale at CVS for 75% off! So I ended up buying it like for $2.50! Just wanted to experiment.

It's nothing to go crazy over.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 3:12:00 AM More reviews by Suzy9797

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i'm really surprised at all the negative feedback for this trio. i have blue eyes, but i absolutely love it! i always use a primer, which helps with color pay off and it wears all day. i love trying out different color schemes and have used pretty much every color under the sun. i don't see anything wrong with using something different as a highlight (as opposed to a silver/opaque white).
i may not have bought it had i not found it at the dollar store. i will buy anything for a buck! i purchased 3 of the trios and love them all dearly. they are also awesome to mix and match. just make sure you use primer.. and hey, try a new color.. live a little! and to say that you will never purchase another almay product because you didn't notice the slight purple iridescent in the brow color, (which you can see by examining the package) and because the colors weren't flattering on you, is kind of dramatic.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 3:18:00 AM More reviews by GothicGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the first set you can see in the above pic - Pink, dark blue & gray.

The colours are not exciting. There is not much pigmentation & no wow factor. I use these as day wear only bc they are subtle. The pink colour is very washed out also which I found disappointing.

But they are good for sensitive eyes (except the pink shade which irritated my eyes to buggery).

Overall not a favourite of mine & won't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by missd1985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My mom bought this one so I thought it looks amazing on here that I would try it too! I actually liked it. Although I do not use the dark brown. I got the trio for brown eyes! I use the two lighter colors and I love it so much!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by babyruth181

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Please do not buy! This crap is wack! I feel like I wasted
my time and money...the highlighter instead of being a cream color
is an iridescent purple on the brow bone! ...the peach shade goes on gold!..the only decent shade is the brown crease color..I will never buy
another almay product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by normajeane73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found this at KMart at half price so I bought it. I liked that the lightest color brightened up my eyes, and the deep brown color really worked to define my crease. I don't use the pink color though. Pink shadow is not a good look for me. It stayed on well and lasted through the day. Probably wouldn't buy again though.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by kat71283

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For $5, I basically got what I paid for! Not worth it. I've only used it only about 4-5 times. At the end of the day, the colors all just ran together into a brown muddy mess. I also had used primer - didn't work. The highlighting color was weird, too. It was like an iridescent white...paired w/ a golden-pink and brown? Weird!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2010 7:38:00 PM More reviews by burnchicken

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is okay for it's price. I have brown eyes and I have selected the the Almay intense i color trio for brown eyes. It is fine for daily boring wear. The texture is good and is not too powdery. It is easy to wash off. =) This kit need more vibrant colors, I thought the bronze shade would do but nop. I followed the direction provided at the back and I look like someone has beaten me up with circles around my eyes. Now I am using it with my other color eye shadows. This trio kit NEEDS more color.