November 26, 2014 | 1165 users online

Mascara - Hard Candy - Hard Candy Ginormous Mascara, Purple Haze

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Sapphirecoqui

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Garbage. I wanted to love this one. It comes out light purple on my dark eyelashes for a sec and dries clear. It does nothing with my lashes. No volume, no curling, absolutely nothing. $6.00 wasted.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Yvonneay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favorite color is purple, so back in high school when a friend of mine always wore a subtle blue mascara, I wanted to get myself a purple one.

I looked and looked and finally found this one for pretty cheap at Walmart, and I love it. To me, mascaras all do the same thing: make my lashes darker and fuller and look longer. That's what this mascara does. With a very subtle purple color.

It's so subtle, I love it even more. When I first opened it, I was terrified of the color. It was a very bright purple and I'm the kind of girl that would rather be backstage than front and center, so I was kinda scared to try it at first. It actually isn't that bright! It looks like normal black mascara indoors or where lighting is a bit darker, but out in the sun or in very bright areas the purple comes out so beautifully. My boyfriend never noticed it until one day we were out in the park and he noticed it and said he loved how subtle it was.

The wand is a basic wand, the formula is well... normal? It's not waterproof, and for me it doesn't flake or clump heavily. I love this mascara so much, I wear it almost every day if I know I'll be outdoors most of the time.

A few years passed and Maybelline released their own colored mascaras and my mom, not knowing I had this Hard Candy one, bought me the purple color. I can honestly say I like the Hard Candy one better than the Maybelline one. I don't really know why, though, it just seems to be better in my opinion. *shrug*

TL;DR: I love this mascara, love the subtle color, basic formula, basic wand, looks great!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by ElixirIllusion

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this in hopes of finding a good purple mascara, I was not at all disappointed! I love wearing this so much!
The only drawback is if you intended on applying more then one layer, you have to do so quickly because of how quickly it dries.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by MrsLayneStaley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Garbage. This does absolutely nothing for my dark brown lashes. No volume, no length, no color. Also worth mentioning that as soon as i applied this junk, my eye immediately started burning and tearing up. I have never had that reaction to a mascara before. When I put the wand back in the tube and twisted it (no different than I always do) the cheap tube split around the neck. Had to toss it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by saraluvsduckies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i liked the color i have hazel eyes so it makes my eyes rly pop looks cute/quirky if u put this on 1 eye then do the other in a pink loooks gr8 w/ glitter

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by maggiejeanjones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really impressed by this colored mascara in this price range. I was looking for a navy or purple mascara to wear everyday to brighten the whites in my eyes. The color is a light lavender-ish purple and sublte enough for everyday wear. I apply my go-to black mascara (MAC Opulash) at the very tips of my lashes after applying this shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Jellix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This might be good for gals that have light colored lashes but it's barely noticeable on my dark brown lashes. I was hoping for a more shocking purple and this is lavender. Not bad but not good either....

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by maxlightmusic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

It is nicely pigmented so there is a noticeable difference in colour but the mascara itself is not very good. You can't build layers so my lashes look very thing and short

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2010 2:26:00 PM More reviews by jeyroxs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this mascara to try out because it was purple. I was really impressed by the packaging. When my I put it on my lashes it was light purple which I liked but you cant really see in the light. It looks really good if I wear purple eyeshadow that dye which is the only time I would put on the mascara. I was hoping for a darker purple when I put it on. I like it anyway. I would recommend this to a friend and I would definatly buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 5:18:00 AM More reviews by just_a_small_town_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure what I was thinking when I bought this purple mascara.. at first I didn't realize the mascara itself was colored (didn't read the display fully! lol) I was just so caught up in the cute packaging! Haha, but after I realized (in the store) it was a colored mascara, I was still excited to try it! It's an interesting color of purple once applied/dried, but I like it! Not an everyday mascara for me, but cute for certain occasion. Spicing things up is always good! I'll probably try out other colors! : )