April 19, 2014 | 1565 users online

Mascara - Hard Candy - Hard Candy Ginormous Mascara, Purple Haze

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by MrsLayneStaley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Garbage. This does absolutely nothing for my dark brown lashes. No volume, no length, no color. Also worth mentioning that as soon as i applied this junk, my eye immediately started burning and tearing up. I have never had that reaction to a mascara before. When I put the wand back in the tube and twisted it (no different than I always do) the cheap tube split around the neck. Had to toss it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by saraluvsduckies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i liked the color i have hazel eyes so it makes my eyes rly pop looks cute/quirky if u put this on 1 eye then do the other in a pink loooks gr8 w/ glitter

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by maggiejeanjones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really impressed by this colored mascara in this price range. I was looking for a navy or purple mascara to wear everyday to brighten the whites in my eyes. The color is a light lavender-ish purple and sublte enough for everyday wear. I apply my go-to black mascara (MAC Opulash) at the very tips of my lashes after applying this shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Jellix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This might be good for gals that have light colored lashes but it's barely noticeable on my dark brown lashes. I was hoping for a more shocking purple and this is lavender. Not bad but not good either....

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by maxlightmusic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

It is nicely pigmented so there is a noticeable difference in colour but the mascara itself is not very good. You can't build layers so my lashes look very thing and short

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2010 2:26:00 PM More reviews by jeyroxs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this mascara to try out because it was purple. I was really impressed by the packaging. When my I put it on my lashes it was light purple which I liked but you cant really see in the light. It looks really good if I wear purple eyeshadow that dye which is the only time I would put on the mascara. I was hoping for a darker purple when I put it on. I like it anyway. I would recommend this to a friend and I would definatly buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 5:18:00 AM More reviews by just_a_small_town_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure what I was thinking when I bought this purple mascara.. at first I didn't realize the mascara itself was colored (didn't read the display fully! lol) I was just so caught up in the cute packaging! Haha, but after I realized (in the store) it was a colored mascara, I was still excited to try it! It's an interesting color of purple once applied/dried, but I like it! Not an everyday mascara for me, but cute for certain occasion. Spicing things up is always good! I'll probably try out other colors! : )

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by unloveable82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i too thought this would be a bit more of a true purple. They should change the name to Lavender haze. it's intense, and pretty, but looks odd, almost chalky from a distance. Sort or make lashes less dramatic. formula is a little clumpy, but i wanna try some of the other colors. i am psyched about hard candy at walmart... everything looks great!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by kinkaju

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed in the color. I guess I was expecting more of a dark, electric purple, similar to the way Cover Girl Great Lash Royal Blue is an electric blue. This is actually more of a medium lilac-gray color. I tried it over dark mascara and you can see the purple a little bit. I tried it by itself and it's alright. I was hoping for a darker electric purple so that my lashes would show up more and look more defined but not harsh black. While up close this mascara makes my lashes look beautifully feathery and long, from a normal distance the purple is light enough where my lashes don't stand out but rather they are muted. I do like the formula very much though. The texture seems very creamy and makes my lashes look long and feathery with absolutely no clumps. Perhaps it is the type of brush it comes with -- one of those kind of spirally comb type applicators. I just wish the color was darker. The packaging is very cute. While I'm sure I will use this on and off, I will probably not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 8:46:00 AM More reviews by fitmom2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this last night, and put it on to try. A beautiful color, and you could actually see the purple color on my lashes..however I was expecting a darker purple..like a sparkling color..so I'm only taking 1 lippi off for that reason.

I did use it over my black mascara..and it created a purplish look. Really brang out my brown eyes. Lovely, and you can't beat the price--only $6.00 and found this at Walmart! So excited that Hard Candy (being a high-end makeup brand) is sold so affordably now.

I'm going to collect them all. :)