First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream

Colloidal Oatmeal 0.50%,Water, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride,Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Squalane, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus, Ceramide 3.

on 3/4/2015 11:54:00 AM

I have really dry skin and have used multiple moisturizers to try to fix the dry patches on my face in the winter and keep my skin moisturized. I've tried argan oil and the clinique moisturizer but they did not really work or felt too oily on the skin. This inexpensive product, the First Aid Ultra Repair cream, feels so nice on the skin and has kept my dry patches away all winter. It doesn't feel oily at all and absorbs very nicely into the skin. I would highly recommend it.

on 2/27/2015 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So, I bought this at winner's for 16.99, which is why I bought it. I had been debating whether or not to splurge $28 on it, and I'm glad I didn't..

Firstly, I have DRY eczema skin. Sometimes my skin breaks out into eczema patches where it gets REEEALLY red and dry... This happened around the time I bought the cream, so I figured I would use the cream for a while after my skin stopped being so red - to give it a fair review...

At first, it wasn't doing much for my skin at all... It kinda made my patches flare up temporarily, and I didn't feel like it was all that moisturizing. It does absorb into my skin, but not as well as my sephora (ultra?) moisturizer. (granted the sephora one doesn't moisturize SUPER well either, but it's awesome).

Now, my skin is doing much better, but lately, I've been noticing some minor break outs on my cheeks. Let me just say, I NEVER BREAK OUT. Not once in my life have I broken out. I have had maybe a FEW acne spots but never more than like..3 or 4 at a time.. right now, it's VERY LIGHT and not a full blown pimple, but there are several... They're like little bumps on my cheeks, and I feel like this new problem can be attributed to the F.A.B. moisturizer... I really really wanted to like this, and now that my eczema isn't so bad (maybe BECAUSE of the cream?) it's actually kinda nice... But I'm scared to keep using it..

I will update this review when I get a more accurate...perspective on this situation, but for now, I think I will stop using it on my face.

I would buy this again for my skin IF it doesn't actually break me out AND if it's not for full price... However, for $30, I think you can buy something much better. I might try out some Kiehl's products instead for only like $7 more.

This moisturiser is amazing. Its so light and absorbs so quickly leaving my skin as soft as a baby! My skin is super sensitive and some mousturisers make my skin go almost scaley. The harsh canadian winter had my face really flakey and this sorted it out so quickly. Not only feels great on but really brightens up the face. Super product.

on 2/22/2015 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Rich creme is absorbed instantly and leaves my skin super-soft. I have been using it on my toddler's rough patches and it helps but not as much as if I use a slather of regular moisturizer like a gold bond or what-have-you. It does amazing things to the back of my hands, but it doesn't smell very nice so I don't see using it as a hand creme. I probably won't buy it again, but it's very nice and worth a try.

on 2/20/2015 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a great moisturizer for dry skin. I have severely dry, sensitive skin due to chronic medical conditions and am always looking for the best hydrating product. This is definitely one of the most hydrating moisturizers I've come across. I deal with flakes and dry patches every day and this definitely helps reduce them and even add a sort of subtle luminosity to dull looking skin. However, there was one problem with this product that put me off from ever buying it again. It burned my face so badly some days I had to wash it off. This was weird to me because it was marketed towards sensitive skin. I figure it's just my skin (you know, the type where sometimes even water will sting on a dry patch) and no one else will have this problem. I used the entire tube and thought it was great for my dryness but the burning prevents me from buying it. However, I definitely recommend it because I don't think anyone else will have the same problem with irritation as I do. All in all, a fantastic moisturizer.

on 2/17/2015 11:54:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I received a sample of this in my last Sephora order and I love it so much I have already ordered the full size tub. I personally have not been using this like a regular moisturizer though. I had seen that this is great for all dry areas. I have been using it on my hands that have eczema in the winter. This is the only cream that has been moisturizing enough and helping the dryness on my hands. I have tried various creams including one listed as an eczema blend. None of those creams can compare to this Ultra Repair Cream. The smell is a little blah, but not intolerable. The only downsides for me is the price is high. If you are having trouble with dry skin especially eczema, this is the cream you need to try.

Pass. This irritated my skin, making it drier. It also didn't hydrate. The texture felt a tiny bit waxy, it didn't absorb in as nicely as I'd like. Total pass.

on 2/14/2015 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

First off my skin overview:
I have combo skin consisting of an oily t-zone & normal cheeks. If my skin is hydrated (including water consumption AND good moisturizer), my skin will lean towards being more normal in the winter, but I still develop shine throughout the day. In the summer, I'm just an oil fountain. I am acne-prone if I don't follow a skincare routine, but my skin is not sensitive.

Next up, product review:
I've been searching for a new night cream and have heard many great reviews about FAB's cream, so decided to pick it up before my previous night lotion ran out. Many have complained about the smell but I personally don't mind; I feel like the scent comes off as fresh and clean even though I prefer unfragranced products. After successful patch testing for a couple nights (behind my ear, along the jaw angle), I thought it would be safe to slather some all over my face! Unfortunately, I woke up with new spots in odd places (outer corner of my eye, upper cheeks) & an extremely painful, dry forehead. How strange that it only affected me on my "oily" areas. The following night, I just placed some cream onto the back of my hands and patch tested along my jaw line (ear to chin). My jawline remained impartial to this cream, but the back of my hands & knuckles ended up feeling like I washed them with sandpaper! Exactly like my forehead. Sigh, I wish I had found my HG moisturizer, but the search continues..

PRO:
-pretty large tub compared to other products in Sephora
-usually able to find in a set with other FAB products
-cream absorbed by skin, no greasy residue (takes some time to set, but does get absorbed)

NEUTRAL:
-smell didn't bother me, but prefer unfragranced
-consistency was neither thick nor thin (not Ponds cold cream, nor Garnier gel)

CON:
-the size I bought is in a tub (can be unhygienic)
-broke me out
-made my skin change from oily to dry (possible allergic reaction? My skin actually hurts from being so dry...)

Good luck!

on 2/13/2015 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is such a great moisturizer! I use this for my face and I love it! I have normal to dry skin and it keeps my face hydrated all day! At night I add a few drops of Fresh Seaberry Face Oil and I wake up with glowing skin! It doesn't feel heavy on the skin but is very moisturizing which is a plus!

on 2/13/2015 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Very mediocre product. Would not repurchase.

Pros:

Does not break me out
Moisturises my normal to dry skin (sort-of)

Cons:
Surprisingly greasy (even though its light)
Makes my hands feel sticky after use
Absolutely no added benefits to the skin
Overpriced