First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream

3.9

Colloidal Oatmeal 0.50%,Water, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride,Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Squalane, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus, Ceramide 3.

on 7/1/2015 1:07:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This product is NOT good for the face super oily and greasy. I broke out is cystic acne all over where I applied this on my face. I usually never break out like that, If you're prone to acne avoid using this cream.. though It's very good for very dry areas on the body.

on 6/26/2015 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I have sensitive/oily skin and I've been using this moisturizer for around 4-5 months now, and it's relatively good. It doesn't break me out and does it's job at moisturizing. I originally thought this would exacerbate my oiliness, but it absorbs quickly and doesn't leave me looking greasy.

I buy this in the 2 oz tube version instead of the 6 oz one that comes in the large tub (which isn't the most sanitary + the 2 oz version lasts fairly long.)

Four stars instead of five because it doesn't do anything spectacular for me (probably fares better with dry skin, anyway) and it contains eucalyptus (a skin irritant). All in all, it's a simple moisturizer that does it's job. Will probably continue repurchasing until I find something better.

on 6/20/2015 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This works for me in the summer, but it is not moisturizing enough for the winter.

on 6/14/2015 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First Aid Beauty has some remarkably skin-saving products, but they ruined Ultra Repair Cream for me by including eucalyptus, which is irritating to my face. It seems to work all right as a body cream (the skin on my arms and legs is far less fussy), but I firmly believe eliminating the eucalyptus would make the cream tolerable. It does contain collodial oatmeal which I have found to be a phenomenal ingredient for soothing rosacea, rashes, and mild irritation. Collodial oatmeal is present in many of First AId Beauty's products, including the Cleanser, which I adore.

I bought this in a set from Sephora, and would not have chosen the 6 ounce jar if purchased a la carte. I prefer tubes or pumps which are easier to control. Jars expose the product to more air and you have to stick your hand in to get the product out, so more bacteria gets into the product before it's used up.

I noticed that the Ultra Repair Lotion does not contain eucalyptus, and thus might be a better choice.

PROS:

Thick, very moisturizing, luxurious feel. Does contain many emollients such as glycerin and soothing collodial oatmeal.

CONS:

Contains eucalyptus, an irritant. I experienced a burning sensation on my face. There are other non-irritating oils they could use instead. Even tea tree oil would have been a better choice. Eucalyptus is a known irritant, so I'm not sure why it's in there if the goal is to repair.

Jar packaging invites contaminants

I will use several other products from First Aid Beauty, such as the Red Clay Purifying Mask and the Face Cleanser, but this one isn't their best formula.

I prefer Kate Somerville's Eczema Therapy to this cream, but of course hers is priced higher at $48. Ultra Repair Cream is $30 when purchased alone.

This stuff is AMAZING! It is a must during winter. I completely saved my skin. I had this weird dry patch on my eyelid and nothing helped. As soon as I put this on at night, it completely went away. By morning, my skin felt so hydrated and soft. I love to use this even as an everyday moisturizer when I mix it with something lighter because I get the hydration without it being too heavy when I want to use this under my makeup. I definitely recommend to give this a try.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This lotion is so-so. I don't use it on my face very often because I find it doesn't absorb well and sits as a gross layer on my skin. When I do put it on my face I just end up wiping it off. It's pricey for what it is, so it definitely qualifies as a luxury product more than anything else. I do, however, love using this on my neck and under my eyes. I guess I feel like it absorbs well in those places? It also leaves a really nice soft texture there as opposed to the goopy one it leaves everywhere else. I'll probably buy it again, but mostly because I am an impulse buyer with no self control.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

this is my go-to daily moisturizer for my combination, dehydrated skin. it sinks in incredibly fast and leaves my skin soft and plump. the rest of my skincare is asian because I swear by korean products but this is something I cannot give up or replace. the only downside I find is that sometimes, especially after I exfoliate, it kind of burns the skin when applied. it doesn't make my redness worsen, though. it just feels kind of... stingy. but it goes away in a minute and I can deal with it for the sake of the results it yields. if I had to nitpick, I would say that it's annoying that the product clumps up and hardens around the little dispenser hole thing and it needs constant cleaning to make sure it comes out properly without hard little bits. but otherwise, it's great and I definitely plan to repurchase.

on 5/29/2015 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am such a fan First Aid Beauty. I have very sensitive skin and especially after going off of Accutane, I needed something that would quench my skin's thirst and this definitely does the job. This came with my holiday set back in December 2014. It's been 5 months and I still have about 1/3 of the jar left, so it's lasting me forever! Even though it's on the pricier side, replacing my moisturizer twice a year is definitely something i'm okay with. Since it's a cream rather than a lotion, you really only need a pea size for your whole face. I use it in the morning prior to putting on my makeup and before bed. It absorbs beautifully but still keeps my face hydrated. Very satisfied with this product.

on 5/23/2015 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Ok so after trying out this cream I felt compelled to write a review, and not because it is totally fabulous but just quite the opposite. I have very dry, sensitive, eczema prone skin so I am cautious about what I put on my face. After running out of my usual (Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream Intense Hydration for Drier Skin Types, I would suggest this cream for anyone suffering from dry flaky skin) I was at Sephora and though why not? Let's give this moisturizer a try!
WRONG thing to do. After the first night of using it, I woke up with dull dryish skin.. which I thought could just be a fluke. WRONG again. After the third night using it, I woke up with a rash around my nose and forehead, flakes around my eyebrows and hairline. Now I'm scared I might have an eczema episode because of this cream. I repurchased my Kiehls face cream and found some relief. Please do yourself a favor and avoid this face cream at all costs.

on 5/21/2015 11:27:00 AM

This is a very moisturising cream but doesn't make the skin greasy. It absorbs really quick. This works great when I get dry skin patches or when I'm very oily. I apply it at night and always wake up with supple, radiant skin which I attribute to its antioxidant potency.