Simple Kind to Skin Refreshing Wash Gel

3.8

Water (aqua), cocamidopropyl betaine, propylene glycol, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, panthenol, disodium EDTA, sodium hydroxymethylglycinate.

on 3/4/2015 12:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have combo-oily, sensitive (SD/PD-prone skin). I recently was advised and found out that my skin needs more cleansing in the AM than only water or micellar water to prevent the yeast eating off my sebum and causing flareups. I used to hate most cleanser as they only make my skin feels tight. The only one that I felt was working fine for me is Lycia Delicate Feminine Wash, but I recently suspected that it triggered my recent bout of SD outbreak, due to some oils in the ingredients list (will retest this later).

So, I was on the lookout for a new, gentle face wash that doesn't make my skin uncomfortable but cleanses nicely to help prevent more SD flareups. This one seemed to fit the bill, plus it's readily available everywhere in here (Malta) and it's pretty cheap.

Now, I read many reviews saying that this leaves film and causes breakouts. I don't know if the most current UK version is different (the ingredients list on the product's body is slightly different to even the Simple website and Boots's), but I experienced neither. This is the first product I introduced after I scraped my whole routine clean and started over after my SD flareup subsided. I used nothing else (no treatments, serums and/or moisturizer) but this. It leaves my skin feeling cleaned and comfortable. No tightness, no dryness. I could even go out makeup free because my skin looks good, given that I was abstain from any other treatment regimen.

It also doesn't seem to breakdown any makeup, but I don't expect it to. I take off my makeup with micellar water beforehand (I want to go back to my pre-wash oil-cleansing routine after I test out some oils). But with bare face, I think it's pretty great.
It's even gentle enough for me to use it as feminine wash and low-poo (curly heads would understand).

This is a no frill, simple (ha ha) cleanser that does the job. I don't quite get other reviewers that gave this a bad rating because the cleanser doesn't help their facial conditions. Cleansers are not supposed to do that. It does play a role to one's skin's health, but as long as it does not exacerbate one's skin condition, I think it deserves some credit.

I am going to retest my old fave cleanser and test 2 others. But for the time being, it's safe to say that I really like this cleanser and I will repurchase provided I don't find a better one (price, availability and efficacy-wise).

Bought this on sale for $2.99 at Rexall one night when i was looking for something different. Nothing is special about it, does it do its job? Yes it cleans your face, doesnt make you break out or have really any negative effects. I really didnt see any effects that were positive either.. my acne remained the same and my skin still looks dull. It have been replaced by my biotherma cleanser and will probably only be used in an emergency situation when I am all out and need something to wash my face.

on 1/2/2015 9:02:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This neither causes nor prevents spots, it just cleans without irritation. no overpowering smell, no tightness. haven't changed cleanser in months because of how reliable it is, i've experimented with bioderma sebium and my skin did not agree with it at all (chin was breakout central) but this does the job!

i have combination oily skin, so after moisturising this cleanser doesn't leave my skin imbalanced, tight or oily. the gel formula is a bit weird to wash off though, feels like it take a lot take get it off my face but it isn't a massive issue

i wet my face and put a small amount into my palm, rub it in for about 10secs and apply, then rinse.

if you're looking for something that does what the name suggests, this is a simple and reliable cleanser!

I have moderate levels of acne that needs treating with antibiotic and antiseptic products. This product does not work for my acne, but feels wonderful on the actual surface of my (combination) skin. If my acne clears up, I'll certainly be going back to this, because it cleans my skin beautifully, leaving a silky finish and a healthy glow.

on 11/1/2014 5:26:00 AM

This product blew me away. I have combination skin, and the gel formula kept it clear until I had finished the whole thing. It may not be good for dry skin for it may worsen it more than help it, but if you struggle with shininess then this may be the product for you!

on 8/15/2014 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This stuff is great! After going through countless face washes from all the known brands, all claiming to be for sensitive skin, this beats them all by a mile!

I have an oily T-zone during the day with the rest of my face being dry. This cleans my skin effectively and thoroughly. I use it at morning and at night, as well as pair it with Vichy's Aqualia Thermal Light face moisturizer. My skin has never looked better. I had unpredictable acne before, but with eating better, cutting out sugar and soda, drinking lots of water, and using these two products, my ace has cleared up drastically.

I also like to use this with Simple's exfoliating wipes every other day at night.

The price is not too shabby at all. The product also lasts for months, as you only need no more that a quarter to wash your face with.

I highly recommend this facial wash.

on 8/2/2014 4:28:00 AM

Am reviewing this for my husband. He has very dry flakey skin and used to wash his face with a bar of soap. I bought this for him and he is very pleased- no more uncomfortable tightness and red blotchy patches. He's now on his third tube and I will continue to buy it

on 7/15/2014 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have sensitive combination skin; an oily forehead and nose but the rest of my face gets dry very easily so I've looked for a product that is sensitive enough for the drier parts of my face but strong enough for the oilier parts of my face to help with my acne and dark spots/acne scars. I saw this product one day online and went into my local store and bought it immedietly beacuse I read that is was gentle but affective and I was desperate to fix my acne issue at the time.
I can truly say that this product has changed my skin for the better. I was under a lot of stress when I first got this product as I was finishing high school and had a large classload and my skin went from having the occassional pimple on my chin or forehead to full out acne all over my face, my skin was also dry and red and I was just really miserable. I could feel the results immidietly with this product. The gel looks thick coming out of the tube but as you lather it thins out and a pea sized amount is more than enough to cover my entire face, chest, and shoulders. It helps moisturize the drier areas of my face and cuts through the oil on my nose and forehead. It doesn't leave my skin feeling tight or too clean feeling; it feels soft and comfortably "dry" in the areas I'm prone to oil. It has completely cleared my acne and faded the dark spots on my face drastically over a period of time. With continued use, I can't even see the dark spots that were once there and it works to fade spots from the occassional acne I do get.
I truly love this product and I'm dissapointed that it's getting so hard to find! The only fault I have with it is the packaging just because the gel starts coming out whenever you open the cap so you have to be quick to close it right after getting the amount you need. It can get a little goopy if it collects in the cap but you can easily wipe it off the cap and still use it.

I even took photos along the way so I could look back and see how it affected my skin. I'll link them here:
Full Size Image

Full Size Image

This is a good, standard facewash, nothing special. It makes my skin a little dry, but is great for my skin in summer when it gets oilier. In winter I use the moisturising face wash :3 Overall, its a good product and I will be purchasing it again

on 7/4/2014 4:58:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

pros:
1)gentle!
2)doesn't make my face dry or oily after washing
3)cleans well
4)cheap
5)readily available
6)easy to lather

cons:
1)takes slightly longer than normal cleansers to wash off
2)the smell

i use this as my morning cleanser or when i am using my clarisonic. i think this will be my new go-to cleanser from now on.