April 16, 2014 | 939 users online

Cleansers - Simple - Kind to Skin Refreshing Wash Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by BonnieKim89

I love this stuff! Finally found a face wash gentle enough for my Asian skin. Makes a nice soapy lather, not too foamy just right. Its removes all my makeup and dirty easily without me having to scrub like other products I've used. Its also super cheap. It contains no fragrance so it may put some people off. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Eyeshadowsaremydrug0076

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in absolutely LOVE with this gel cleanser, I use this every night after removing makeup with my Maybellines clean express, ever morning I wake up and my acne looks better and better, I mean, I love this. the smell is just peachy (As in nothing bad kinda scentless which I like) and it has vitamins, I reccomend pairing this with clean express nightly and a moisturizer! love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by trishag07

My mother purchased this for me out of nowhere:) I've been using this for 2 weeks now and I am in love with this product. I am so sensitive to many things, especially to the target brand UP gentle wash for sensitive skin lol. It removes the excess oils but not makeup completely. I use a wipe to remove the makeup at first then wash my face afterwards with this product. It leaves no residue. My skin feels refreshed every time I use it. I will totally buy another bottle as soon as this one runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this after oil cleansing to remove all the excess makeup and oil. My skin is dry this time of year and normally gel cleansers are hell on my skin. This does not dry my skin out at all, and I mean not even one flake of dry skin appears afterwards. I can often wait hours to use my night cream, and my skin feels comfortably clean. I think people are expecting it to give a thick foam, and you really don't want that. Most gel cleansers that foam make the surface of your skin alkaline, and that creates a party for bacteria. Since my skin is dry, I rarely breakout, but I do have to be careful of drying products. So far this is a drugstore gem.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2014 1:18:00 AM More reviews by auntita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've purchased this cleanser several times now and I do enjoy it how it makes my face feel. It's a nice gentle everyday cleanser (great as a morning cleanser). I found that after using just this for a while I started getting some clogged pores and blackheads around my nose. I definitely need to used a good facial scrub or cleansing mask a couple of times a week with this but I still like it.
It's not horrible but not the best at removing makeup so I found using wipes before cleaning with this felt much better as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Biioniic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was vacationing in Fiji so I bought this as a travel sized (50ml) bottle... I didn't want it to do anything like get rid of spots; I just wanted a refreshing wash to cool myself down in the morning (I'm from England so I'm not used to extreme heat!) and this did made me face feel so nice! Would definitely buy for my next vacation... I was breaking out but I think that was from the hot weather and I usually break out when it's really hot, I wouldn't use it here though, purely based on that my current cleanser helps with my acne, tones and meets the criteria for what I want! But definitely for my vacation I would

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, oily turning to combo as I age.

Simple's Wash Gel is sooooo basic (like 5 ingredients?) and not drying at all. Wet face, rub in palms to 'breakdown' the gel, and washy washy. LOVE.

Buh-bye Cetaphil and CeraVe for basic AM facial cleanser... I often play hooky from those two over the years, and was using Avene Cleanance/LRP Efflaclar/Acne.org cleanser etc etc... all too drying for the mornings (I thoroughly cleanse at night).

TIP: It's easy to decant from the regular sized bottle 150ml to the mini travel size 50ml (found mine in Walgreens). I like smaller bottles at my sink as well as travel. Remove the 50ml cap to get to the larger hole, and insert the 150ml (with cap) directly into the 50ml larger hole and squeeeeeze.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

I have combination oily t-zone/normal on the rest with dry flaky acne healing acne spots,in short,my skin is complicated. I was looking for a facial cleanser to use in the morning and this cleanser is pretty good. The texture is like a gel,if you ever try the Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel the slippery texture is just like that. Also if I compare this to Cetaphil face cleanser or oily/combo skin,the Simple cleanser is a bit thicker. I won't be using this at night after I oil cleanse because I prefer a foamy cleanser for that. I alternate using this cleanser and the Cetaphil cleanser and I'm not sure which one I will repurchase once I'm done with both cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by strawberrycupcake123

HUGE FAN of this cleanser! I used to have combination skin, but tried so many different hard skincare products and makeup products that i turned my skin to be sensitive. I used to use the Neutrogena Grapefruit scrub, as i wanted gentle exfoliation, but that really made my skin go dry and sensitive from that point. Equally, foaming cleansers would leave my face dry, tight, red and itchy (im looking at you, Shiseido Pureness cleanser!). This stuff has a slimy texture, yes, and no it doesn't foam. But no one stops to think that while foaming may make cleansing easy, what type of chemicals are you putting in to your skin to achieve that?

Its just nonsense to use harsh chemicals for the sake of a little foam. If you use enough of this, it cleanses really well. Im sick of putting harsh chemicals on my skin. Half of the stuff we ingest and put on our skin could one day be proven to have some carcinogenic effect. Dont mean to be cynical :P I just love that this allows me to use one less harsh product on my skin when everything else we use in our makeup has so many ingredients in them. Excellent for sensitive skin, but a great way to take care of your skin even if it is not sensitive.

Already repurchased and the travel size is great for holidaying! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by ncballerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this face wash at night for a few months now and I love it! It is very gentle to my skin and I love that it doesn't break me out. I have switched to other face washes but always find myself coming back to this one because it is so gentle! I have repurchased this and will continue to!