Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Palmitate, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, dipropylene glycol, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Maltol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 6/2/2015 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I have had issues with my skin since I was 16 - I am 32 now. I wish I had know then what I know now. I have tried so many creams, scrubs, masks & miracle products. I've also used harsh soaps & BP acne type products. It has only ever made my skin worse. Now I just use Dove unscented twice a day in the shower to wash my face...no moisturiser, foundation etc. I also "double wash". My skin is the best it's been since I was a teenager. It's not perfect, but if I get any pimples they are small & clear quickly. Please try this simple and easy product, what do you have to lose??

on 5/24/2015 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm a bit uneasy about posting this review, because I don't want to jinx the success I've had with this simple bar of soap. For ten years I've battled with acne and the low self-esteem that comes with it. I tried everything my budget would allow, but the redness, pimples, and blackheads remained. I wasted hundreds of dollars on products that maybe worked for a little bit, but then my acne would come back full force. Finally, in desperation I bought this bar of soap after reading the glowing reviews. I figured I had nothing to lose; my skin couldn't get any worse. I know bar soaps have a bad reputation and never imagined using one. However, it's been a week since I started using this, and my skin has never looked better. No new breakouts, and the ones I have are disappearing. My skin is beginning to look smooth and even-toned. I just about cried. All this time and money and feeling ugly, and a $2 bar of soap fixed my skin.

on 5/18/2015 12:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My skin: Combo-oily, sensitive (among others, my skin takes the habit of breaking out in hives when it doesn't like something I eat or put on my skin), SD/PD-prone. OSPW. Fitzpatrick IV. Freckles and PIH from hives.

My skin recently got its moisture barrier disrupts from me trying to regularly using sunscreen again, yet not realizing that my skin has grown overly sensitive to avobenzone. Plus, the only ss I had in my stash without avobenzone has real high amount of alcohol, which didn't help with my skin in such state.
Even SebaMed Clear Face Care Gel irritated my fragile skin at the time.

After my skin finally calmed down considerably (yet still dehydrated), I took this out of my stash drawer to give it a test. I just ran out of my staple Simple Kind To Skin Refreshing Facial Wash Gel and have always wanted to try this, since this was recommended to me a few times as a good cleanser for SD-prone skin.

I don't have grave skin problems at the moment other than dehydration, being sensitive and usual SF and hives and my current sunscreen is too drying on my skin.
The lather is rich and creamy, but it stings my eyes a bit more than the Simple one and rinses squeaky clean. I immediately blamed it on the price and waited for my face to feel tight and uncomfortable. Probably some more peeling and whatnot.

Lo and behold, I had none of my worry happened on my face. Despite cleansing squeaky clean, I got no dryness and tight feeling, or any peeling or flaking, at least not more with my Nivea Creamy UV Essence sunscreen on. My face stays supple and nice. It seems to clean off oil from my oil cleansing phase better, as my SF plugs disappeared again.

I think I'm switching to this cleansing bar until a better option comes along. The Simple gel is cheap, but this is even cheaper and it will lasts way longer. Definite repurchase!

on 3/12/2015 4:38:00 PM

So I'd previously broken up with Dove bars after they reformulated a few years ago to include some ingredient that would make my skin itch badly enough to need to take Benedryl for relief, but I noticed the bars no longer have sulphates, so I started using Dove again for my body. I especially like the unscented sensitive bars, as I'm having hit or miss luck with scented products and skin irritation (mostly itching and bumps all over that are not acne and clear up after a break from the product). A huge worry is that I will have to give up perfumes because my skin gets upset and red and itchy with some products, so I'm being very careful these days about how I use fragrance and my skin has thanked me for switching to unscented where I can. This soap is once again gentle, it lathers nicely and I feel clean and not dried out afterward. Best of all, no irritation. I don't use on my face, but for the neck down, I love this cheap and cheerful bar of "soap". This is now once again a staple in my shower.

on 12/19/2014 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Only soap that has not dried out my sensitive eczema skin and has never broken me out. I like it better than any drug store, Lush brand, or organic soap I have tried. I wish I had started using Dove years ago I would have saved my skin from being dry and ashy every winter. My skin loves the creamy softness - it's so soothing. I use Dove as a facial and body cleanser, I have no plans to go back to normal facial cleansers.

on 12/17/2014 3:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to love this. After reading the great reviews I hoped this would be an instant replacement for my usual clarins cleanser. I bought two bars since they were in a pack together and used one on my face and the other in the shower. Bad idea. Firstly, it stung my eyes, which is not a major gripe, but it's definitely something my regular cleanser doesn't do. Then, I ended up breaking out in an itchy rash. My skin is not sensitive, but I continued to use this bar for a few days before finally concluding that it does not work for me. I gave two stars because the price is reasonable and it lathers pretty well.

on 11/4/2014 7:54:00 PM

I have to honestly say that I cant believe it, this product is AMAZING! I have struggled immensely with pimples from the age of 16, I am now 33. I have tried absolutely everything for years and years and years and absolutely nothing has worked. I have been to dermatologists, skin laser clinics, tried product after product after product for years hoping to find that miracle. I came across a few blogs in yet another attempt to try and find SOMETHING to help me with my face, and I noticed how a lot of people had said that they have super sensitive skin that reacts to anything they put on it, it had never occurred to me that I may also have sensitive skin and this could be what was causing me such hideousness on my face. This is where I found information about Dove and so I decided to race to the shop to buy some to give it a go. I used nothing but the Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin on my face, no moisturiser afterwards or anything, just washing my face with the Dove. I found this a little difficult for the first 2 days as I was so used to putting moisturiser on, however I persevered because I noticed a change in my face pretty much straight away!! I've been using Dove for over 2 months now and I CANNOT BELIEVE that it has solved all my pimple problems!!!! The only thing I am annoyed about it how I didnt come across this earlier, because although I dont get pimples any more I am left with a couple of terrible scarring and red marks from years of picking, if only I had discovered this earlier before I had picked some of my face to a point of no return. I highly recommend trying this product, it doesnt make the skin feel tight at all and I cant believe how clear my skin feels, after all these years!!!

P.S I dont know that this will solve hormonal chin acne due to that being an internal issue, this is something else I suffered from for many years that went away after I had a baby.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've always been one of those girls that when buying a product I think "okay, if this really works I'll totally review it." But I never truly fall in love with the product :-( .However, this product was bought completely on a whim. I have extremely oily skin which in thus, is super prone to black heads. I had just started my period when I decided to try this, more of a last straw kinda thing because I had literally tried everything! And if your anything like me when my monthly gift roles around I get these awful cystic like zits that hurt. Well taking a chance on this I've never been so thrilled with a product before! Like I'm talking night and day difference. The day I bought it I washed my face, took a nap and woke up to practically 1) very few black heads. 2) and my hormonal cystic pimples had gone down a noticeable difference! It's super creamy and really does feel like it gets your face clean, and with oily faces that's a must! It doesn't really have an awful smell like some people say it does, it just smells kinda natural I guess? And I think the best part of it all was usually no matter what face wash I use (and I have seriously tried everything from proactiv to honey) I have to use a lotion afterwards which really doesn't help with my oily black head prone skin, I usually use cerave but it leaves my face almost to greasy. With this beauty bar my face didn't feel tight or to dry at all! And that's never happened before! I'm so excited to see where this bar will take me!

on 9/5/2014 1:03:00 PM

I've used pricey skin cleansers from LaMer cleansing milk, Chanel, Shiseido, SK-II, Laneige and Lancome but they all irritated my skin in harsh ways. I always thought if I spend money on expensive products then my skin would be clearer. Whenever Dove bar soap came to mind, I reacted "No way! That stuff will dry my skin!". I proved myself wrong. This past month, my skin has been very irritated with uncontrollable itching and red patchy facial skin. My face was dry where there were so many skin flakes. No matter how much I moisturized or exfoliated, my skin would just get so dry and red. I have been using Dove sensitive bar soap for 1 week now and I can't believe how much my face has improved. The first few days, the soap didn't bring overnight results. It took time and towards the end of the week I've been getting the best results! Still have just a tad bit of redness on my cheek but the majority of my face isn't red! The itching stopped and my face isn't dry. I love how the soap doesn't sting my face. All the expensive cleansers I've used in the past always stung my face and it made my skin flare up afterwards. Given that this is in a bar form, this should last me quite a while. This is now my favorite cleanser and it's so cost effective. Never would I think that something so cheap can be so effective! I have to give Dove sensitive bar soap some major props because it has given me the confidence rather than hide because I was so embarrassed about my eczema/rosacea facial skin.

Would I ever hesitate to buy another cleanser? ABSOLUTELY NOT! This stuff is the BEST!
There is no fragrance in this bar soap which doesn't provide my skin irritation....love it!

on 8/18/2014 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I don't like this product. It dried up my face and broke me out with whiteheads. I also don't like the packaging, because I feel like soap bars are more susceptible to getting into contact with bacteria and dirt.