November 27, 2014 | 1439 users online

Polishes - OPI - Alpine snow

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by jlyox92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This polish is streaky at first and you do have to fight with it a little bit at first. Now I'm used to it I only need to use two coats to get an opaque finish, a lot better than the many other white polishes I have tried. I wouldn't personally use it for french manicures, simply because of the wide brush OPI use, but with some guides and a little patience I'm sure it would work well

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by fruitykittens

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Fantastic, OPI is my new favorite nail polish brand. Durable, opaque color, dries fast.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by glittergatkes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This nail polish reminds me of some cats I've known: TOUGH to get to know, but once you find the groove, SWEET payoff.

TOUGH: thick formulation that needs the steadiest and most careful of hands to apply evenly; takes longer to dry than other OPI colors.

SWEET: a bright, versatile white that looks sizzling hot on its own and makes effects topcoats pop like nothing else.

Probably obvious, but this nail polish is not actually a cat.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2014 12:40:00 PM More reviews by gaiLyghia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is so streaky and thick, it takes me 3 coats for this polish just to look good.

Bought it for SGD10, and will never buy again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by MES

Bright pure white polish, like white out white. I used this for a french mani and while it's a lovely shade it' not super realistic to use as it is such a pure, bright white. I personally didnt have any issues with streaking and used two coats on the tips of my nails Dried pretty fast. As with other OPI shades it's a tad pricey at $9 a bottle. I could see this being a versatile shade and would great with glitter top coat or mattified.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 9:47:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

One of the worst polishes I ave ever owned. It was streaky even after 4 coats and took a long while to dry to be an OPI polish. I tried to use it for a French manicure, but it was impossible to make it look nice because the polish is so thick - I couldn't manage to paint a 3-4 mm wide stripe perfectly because it dried in the process and made the tip really really thick-looking. I think I can only use this for nail art, which I rarely do since there are many far more important things. So, basically, this is useless to me. Luckily, I got it for cheap. I would not recommend this for those who want to paint their whole nail white - I believe you will need a lot of time, patience and practice to do it well with this polish. If you still would like to go for it, put the brush back into the bottle and turn it upside down a couple of times between each nail to get more even coverage of both the brush and your nail. This can work for a French manicure only if you have a 5+ mm tip - otherwise, there are a LOT of better polishes.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2013 6:08:00 AM More reviews by SophieLoves

I had high expectations for this polish but was let down, it was really streaky, even after 3 coats. It is a nice white color and it did look good from far away but up close it looks streaky. I wouldn't repurchase. Also it was sooo expensive $20 for a nail polish, no thanks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by Minerva10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is perfect for a freanch mani! I always find OPI last far longer w/o chipping versus other brands out there. I can't say if this applies streaking as I've never used to polish my entire nail bed. I find two coats on the tips of my nails is enough, topped with a light pinly shade (bubble bath), gives me the perfect french mani. Hate the price though. It's seems everytime I walk into Ulta, the price increase's!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the clean fresh look of this white creme polish for summer. This is a nice crisp white and it isn't too blue or too yellow and goes well with my skintone. I go through a lot of white polishes, sometimes to wear just as polish, sometimes as undies for a neon, sometimes for nail art. I have tended to stick with inexpensive polishes for this such as LA Colors and Wet n Wild but I finally gave in and thought I'd splurge on this higher priced white creme. This is one of OPI's Top Ten Best Sellers. Anyway, this polish formula is creamy and rich and I was able to get better coverage with this and even though it still took 2 coats to get it all even, the formula is nicer and thicker than the others and it is more opaque. This polish is creamy and glides on smoothly but being a white it still streaks some, just not as much as the others I've used (looking at you L.A. Colors). This has a nice thick professional style brush and application is so easy with this. It covers most of my nails in 1 or 2 swipes. I always thought white polish is white polish but this really is an easier formula to work with and it is more opaque requiring less product overall to get the desired look. Repurchase on this is a no. I like this and it works well, but Sally Hansen's White On or Milani White on the Spot is comparable and costs less than half. It's a great polish, but it just isn't worth $8. I mean it's just plain white polish. No sparkle, no shimmer, no inner glow, nothing special, just fresh clean crisp cool white.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 5:43:00 AM More reviews by ladyvino

Definitely a staple in everyone's stash. Basic stark white. And what else should you expect in a white polish but streakiness? My bottle also gets goopy towards the end of my manicure so I'll have to put some thinner. I find that it levels itself nicely so it may start off streaky but it gets better.

For another OPI alternative, check out "My Boyfriend Scales Walls" it's less... white? I don't know how to describe it but I guess it's not as stark, in-your-face white. Also, Tempest by Cult Nails is a wonderful white. The formula is on point and the "whiteness" is just right. :)