December 20, 2014 | 1607 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - Pure blends eyeshadow - Cinnamon

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

This eyeshadow is pretty much my standard for eyeshadows.
I bought this at BigLots (no shame) and wasn't expecting to get incredible results out of it. It was so cheap- $1- and I have not had much luck with Almay's PureBlends line, so I was practically preparing the trash bin to throw it away into. I decided to test it by wearing it for three weeks straight as a crease shade while away from home. The lid shade that I used also happened to be an eyeshadow single from this line- the one in Apricot.
I was pleasantly surprised by Cinnamon's performance. The color went on truly; it applied as a beautiful warm, dark brown with slightly red undertones. It looked very flattering on my warm skin. However, the eyeshadow is only pigmented if you apply primer underneath- otherwise, it refuses to adhere to the eyelids. I found that it blended fantastically and cooperated very well with the other PureBlends eyeshadow that I used. As for staying power, it lasted all day, including several swimming trips! The texture isn't chalky nor too packed, which I loved.
The packaging is nice; very pleasant-looking with a magnetic close. I bought this on sale for $1, so you can get these for very cheap. In conclusion, I'm not raving over this product, because this color is very replaceable, but the quality is something that sets the bar- for me- for eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

as the past 2 reviewers have said, i was very lucky to have found these shadows at my local Dollar Tree- yes i luv to find some great bargains on good drugstore makeup at an even bigger of a discount & for $1 this eyeshadow is absolutely INCREDIBLE!!! i love it.. i love everything about it!!
This is a darker brown w/ a slight burghendy undertone to it.. at first i was a little nervous wondering if my pale cool undrtoned skin would pull all the red out of the shadow but NOPE no worries. this shows up as a dark brown with a gorgeous warm undertone.. its one of my favorite crease/contour colors when im using a neutral light shadow all over my lid.. it does a slight sheen/satin finish but its not too much, its perfect...i normally use my matte shadows mostly in my crease/outer v but this shadow works perfectly! its PIGMENTED! u def dont have to dig into the shadow or build up the color, just the swiping of the shadow "& they apply so freaking beautifully!! their smooth & creamy! their one of the best DS shadows ive ever tried i& ive tried plenty!
i know my local stores sold these for about $6-7 each so im glad i only paid 1/6th of the price bc you get so much product!! i use this shadow alot & havent even made a dent in it.. so im glad & sad at the same time that ill def miss it when i do or if i do ever get thru it.. (not too worried for awhile, i think it will last for years)
i also love the packaging. i know the person said that they thought the white gets messy but i dont find that problem with mine. i make sure to rub off any fallout in the square box..i love the packaging personally . it looks very sleek & professional.. almost like an Urban Decay shadow or something.. i love the simple yet pretty packaging... i LOVE how you get almost an inch by inch pan of great shadow! so u will def get ur dollars worth. i think its worth the orignial price.. i like how its a magnetic closure to snap shut & ensure that the shadow wont crack/break. ive dropped them a few times & no matter what, i feel the shadow is safe.. love it!! i wish more companies would follow this type of packaging.. it def makes it worth payin the amount.. its not too big or plain, perfect.
So all in all, these are def worth it for many reasons..Almay is one of the best companies i believe since they are natural products so that means good for any problematic skin types & great for everyone, they are simple & clean & pretty packaging- not cheap looking yet simple enough w/out looking ridiculous, theyre not too expensive, they are really good hard working products esp if you are into the more natural makeup look.. i love Almay!! just great! and another bonus is im pretty sure they dont test on animals so thats wonderful!!
so if you are curious about these single eyeshadows, def dont hesitate to try them, i picked up Cinnamon & use it all the time & ive tried a few other shades too & I LOVE EM ALL!! & i def would buy them if i ever have to!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I too purchased this from my local Dollar Tree and I am somewhat shocked by the color payoff. The color is very similar to the shade on the right of NARS Cheyenne, except Cheyenne is much more pigmented and pinker/more purple. I used a shader brush from Sonia Kashuk to pat apply the color and it comes off more pigmented on my NW45+ skin tone. I used a dark brown and black in the crease (not too much) and a gold color on the crease. Looks good to me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 6:40:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

I picked this up at Dollar Tree for just a buck.

I really like the colour, and it's very natural. Not too dark and admittedly not very pigmented, but a nice, soft brown. It works great as eyeliner too, if you want a softer look.

The only thing I really dislike is the packaging. It's cute, but white and basically made of cardboard. It gets really dirty really fast and some of the powder gets out of the packaging, getting everything a big messy. I can just imagine it popping open.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2009 2:18:00 AM More reviews by myrifle

This is my HG brown eyeshadow!! I'm tan and I used to use Mulch by MAC all the time, but I stumbled across this at Walmart and I thought the packaging was so cute.
I got home and tried it on and I'm in awe. Cinnamon is like a warm brown with a soft look. With a light application it looks very natural. Like a natural contour of my eye. Once I apply it, I notice a difference but a small one. Great for those barely there days.
With a heavier application, it's such a sultry brown(while still looking pretty natural)
It lasts pretty long on me, even without a base.
The eyeshadow applies really smoothly, and I think i'll be stocking up for the future!
But the cardboard-ish packaging is starting to get dirty :/