August 28, 2014 | 893 users online

Eye Shadow - Hard Candy - Foiled Again Metallic Shadow Stick - Celestine

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by MagicFROST

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this eyeshadow stick for one purpose: to highlight the inner corner of my eyes. It works great for this purpose. This shade provides enough brightening power without making look like a sparkly vampire, so it will stay in my drawer.

However, I agree 100% with the previous reviews concerning using this stick for a foiled all over lid look, its just not going to happen with this product. So, if you want that look, this isnt for you. But to highlight, yes, this works beautifully and at under $10 you cant go wrong.

For reference, I use this stick 2-3 times a week, and even after 6 months I have barely used a quarter inch of product. Extremely long lasting for this purpose.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by kiimuu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeshadow stick imparts a sort of greasy sheen on the skin and lacks pigmentation. There's simply no way to achieve a foiled look with it, even if you layer it on and attempt to blend a shimmery eyeshadow on top. A very disappointing product!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2010 2:02:00 AM More reviews by aphoticandi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

As with my review on the color in Glimpse.. I feel the same way about this product. It's not a "foil" at all. It's an eyeshadow stick with low pigmentation, high shimmer with large glitter particles. It does not work as a base as it dries too quickly to add anything on top, and if you apply enough for the color to show up more than sheer, it will crease even with the best of primers.
Very disappointed in this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Jenn09

I bought this because it looked really cute and I thought I would be able to use this as a base underneath my eyeshadows or a highlighter at the very least. Well after I applied it the first time I realized this product just wasn't going to work for me. All there was on my eyes was chunks of glitter and a very very tiny hint of color, I was not very happy with that and then after I got done with the rest of my makeup, what little color there was, already started creasing even with my primer on it. I didnt want to waste this product so I just use it on the days I am not going anywhere, and I also found that it isnt to bad to use as a highlighter on my cheek bones, but just so I can use it up. There is also a lot of product in there, I have been trying very hard to use it up and it seems like I am getting nowhere and of course that only happens with the products I dont care for :(

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2010 10:38:00 AM More reviews by lalamb78

Holy Glitter! I bought this product because it looked like a promising highlighter on my brow bone. WRONG! There is hardly any color and is mostly big flecks of glitter instead of a nice shimmer. I looked like a 12 year old wearing it. I had glitter all over my face and looked utterly rediculous. I washed it off immediately, but it took me forever to get the glitter flecks off of my face. Very disappointing.