April 20, 2014 | 1548 users online

Pressed Powders - Le Metier de Beaute - Eye Brightening and Setting Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Andee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Update 2/5/14:
Although this color is my perfect wash shade, the formula is too dry. It eventually cracked and I had to throw it out.

Original review
This only comes in 2 colors. I bought it in the lighter shade called Refresh. It is a pale peachy pinky beige. The description says you can use it over concealer under the eye. The consistency is exactly the same as any other really well pigmented quality eyeshadow. I would not put it over concealer. I think it would be much too heavy and would cause under eye lines to appear more prominent.

I use it as a wash color. It does brighten up my eyelid and works very well as a base for any crease color I use. I think it may actually keep my eye shadow looking fresher for longer than just using any pale shade as a base.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by jpcls

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just bought and tried this product, I have to give it a 3 rating as I have no others to compare to. It does even out the color on my eyelid, but the shadows do not go on smooth without cracking. For the price I won't buy again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2010 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Russian

I really wish there was an "undecided" option for the "will you buy this again question.
I didn't buy this but I may some day. I tried it at the store and I sort of liked it, but the effect was barely visible on me. Also, the skin under my eyes is dry and this powder made it look even dryer, with my fines lines becoming even more visible. This doesn't mean the product is bad, it just wasn't suitable for me at the time. I will try it again and will update my review if my opinion changes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didn't buy it in the first place, so no, I wouldn't buy it "again." I was in Bergdorf's this weekend, for the sole purpose of trying this. I had concealer & LM Secret Brightening Powder under one eye, and just concealer under the other eye so I could compare LMdB's product with LM's. A very pleasant male SA was at the LMdB counter & I asked how it differed from Secret Brightening Powder. The only difference he could come up with is that "we don't use any talc in this." OK, that didn't wow me, so I said, "I've read that this is the most fabulous product for brightening your eyes", yada, yada, yada, and he said, "Well, it's really just a setting powder for your concealer, and it will add *some* brightening, and you can use it as an eyelid base before applying shadow." He was backpeddaling as fast as he could from my comment about how it's supposed to be so wonderful - really killed me. He gently applied the "Refresh" shade over my concealer, & around that eye & I looked in the mirror & saw no difference between that eye & the other. Hrrumph. Then, out in the bright sunshine of 5th Avenue, I pulled out a mirror ("keep walkin' folks - this experiment doesn't concern you..."). There actually was a difference. The Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder eye was brighter. The LMdB eye was fine, but not bright at all. Just fine. It's no different from applying BB's Pale Yellow powder on top of your concealer. It just sets it & mattifies it.
I'm sticking with Laura Mercier for this.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 3:37:00 PM More reviews by slipping_glimpser

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh, I so love this powder. This is my permanent replacement for the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder. I use this both under my eyes, right up to the lashes, to set either foundation or concealer and as a eye primer for shadows. It is a fantastic product. I truly use this daily as it does a terrific job of keeping any liners used on the lower lash line from creating the dreaded raccoon look. I use the shade Refresh. It comes in a small compact .13 oz or 3.8 g. w/a mirror. Though it seems a small amount, I only swipe a brush once per eye.
A holy grail product (a big thanks to LuckyRedLisa for bringing it to the board's attention).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No