October 24, 2014 | 1104 users online

Eye Shadow - Coastal Scents - 88 color matte palette

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by akPhilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first, I didn't think I'd ever buy a palette like this, because how often would I wear many of those really bright colorful shades. But Coastal Scents was having a half off sale on it so I figured why not. And I reach for this palette alot! It actually isn't totally matte, some of the shades are satin or shimmer, but I'd say the vast majority of them are matte. Which I happen to like, because for bright looks for whatever reason I tend to prefer mattes. There's enough colors in there that you can to tons of looks with it, anywhere from neutral, to neutral but smokey, dark & dramatic, or bright & colorful! And there are plenty of blending shades, which I like-often times I incorporate this palette into many everyday looks I do with other palettes that may be lacking in blending shades. The eyeshadow is good quality & pigmented, though some shades are more pigmented than others. All in all though most have good pigmentation. I personally don't think it's quite as good as the quality of Coastal Scents' single hot pot shadows or the shadows they do in their smaller palettes (i.e. Revealed, Creative Me, etc), but it's still good quality, & a really great palette to have on hand-you never know when you want to do a look where you need certain colors that aren't everyday colors you're likely to have lying around, or it's great for if you have a color you need where it's just for one time, so then you don't have to go out & buy a whole thing of a color you only need once. Another thing that's great about it is you can use it for things other than eyeshadow-for example, I've had times where I've taken a white jumbo pencil (or any creamy eye pencil would work),& layered the shadow over it to make colored eyeliner, or even lipstick!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by jordansmommy310

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Overall this is a great palette for the price. Some of the colors are a bit chalky but most are pigmented and easy to blend. Numerous looks can be created from this palette as well from neutral to dramatic. This would be perfect for beginners like it was for me when I first started out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by AlliBear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this pallette when I was 14 (3 years ago) & never EVER regretted it.. it is an increadible pallette & you should definately get it<3

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great starter palette for someone who wants a variety of colors to see what works best for their lifestyle, skintone, haircolor or whatnot. You can see not only if purples work well on you, but if warmer/cooler or lighter/darker purples suit you best..same with blues, greens or the whatnot. This allows you to try a variety of colors and tones without making a huge investment only to find out what you thought you liked doesn't work best on you. The shadow colors in this palette are very small, about dime sized, but for the price that is understandable. You get 88 shades, and this palette at full price is around $15 or so I believe, so you get to try 88 shades for the price of one full sized MAC shadow! If you're looking at it THAT way, even if you only like 10 out of the 88 shades you're still making out! When I had this palette I actually took swatches of the colors I liked and put them in a notebook. This allowed me to match them up with full sized shadows in higher end brands. The pigment in these are decent, but not the same as say, MAC or Urban Decay, so the colors I used the most I would invest in these brands something similar with....but Im glad I had this palette to find out before invest so much on one expensive shadow to only wear it 2 times a year. This is also a good palette for someone who wants to experiment with color on weekends, but has no need fo a blue shadow that will take them 3 years to run through. With a primer I would say these wear decently well...some shades are more pigmented and blend well than others, but that is to be expected with the pricing point. Using a flat brush and matte base, like Painterly paintpot, allows these shadows to go on more evenly. I think matte shadows without a base/flat brush poise a challenge from even high end brands, so these are definate tools to success. A good investment to any makeup lovers collection, if you're a novice or a pro, a nice way to expand your collection on the cheap.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by crystallynnxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this palette about 2 years ago and have never regretted it.
The eye shadows are so good for the price you pay and you get SO many.

At first I was disappointed with how small the eye shadows were, about the size of a dime, but once I used them and realize how little you needed I was totally satisfied. After 2 years my shadows are still pretty much full even after a ton of use.

Even though Coastal Scents is not the maker of these palettes I will continue to buy from them. They have fast shipping, good prices, nothing is ever broken and you always get free samples.

All in all, LOVE this palette, and LOVE coastal scents!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by AndreaaaMariee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I got this around the beginning of September when it was on sale for $8.95. I end up using this almost every day. Most of the colors are really pigmented. The palette is supposed to be matte but there are a few shimmery ones. I would buy this again but it lasts so long that I don't think I'll have to.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Tacogirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I always find myself wanting that certain bright color and I find that I never have it. This provides many different colors, some of which, are very pigmented and blow me away. (Though, Coastal Scents cannot be credited with making the eyeshadows)
But, I find that some shades that look delicious in the pan, when swatched, just fall short of my expectations. I think that this is a good appeaser for color lovers that haven't yet built up their collection, like myself.
But, with such an array of colors and often a price tag that is lowered due to great deals, this palette is hard to pass up!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by bopadoo

This is a great first palette to have for those just starting to experiment with different makeup looks. Great pigmentation, great price, great color selection, great packaging. Overall great product. For the price, you really can't go wrong with this product. I'm very exited to experiment with this palette! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Beautylicious7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

MOST AMAZING HIGH-QUALITY SOFT EYESHADOWS IVE EVER TRIED IN MY LIFE =D

Years ago when i checked out the reviews for this...they were ALL amazing so i just had to try it out :)

Versatile colours

THEY DO NOT give you the fake eyeshadow, cakey look...
THEY DO NOT blend away into nothing.... the colours are so pigmented !
you can build up the intensity or blend it into a lighter shade

damn!!!!!!!!!!!! if you want the best ..get this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by MISSKAUR88

This product is highly pigmented. Has 88 colours, although you may not use all of them. The colours are mostly matte, some have a slight shimmer to them, but very SLIGHT. I love this palette its ideal for all the indian weddings and functions. You dont need much product, a little goes a long way.
One of my favourite palettes.