OPI Ate Berries in the Canaries

4.8

Bright fuchsia/berry shade from the OPI Spain Collection for Fall 2009. And I usually love this type of color, but this shade just didn't do it for me. On the nail, I thought it looked dull and unoriginal. Disappointing because it was so pretty in the bottle. Just didn't quite translate to the nail.

Great OPI formula though, opaque in two coats and no problems with application or wear.

But the color itself just wasn't for me. Similar shades that I prefer to this one are OPI's Miami Beet and Deborah Lippmann's Between the Sheets. This one, I liked but did not love.

Wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I received this color in a make up exchange. I have red hair and extremely pale skin. When I first saw it I though "Ugh, well this isn't going to look good on me!" This is not a color I would normally buy for myself, just because I didn't think this color would go with my hair or skin. I have to say, I'm impressed! It's one of my go to colors. I get compliments on it every time I wear it. I hope they don't discontinue it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Such a pretty purple-berry shade. Very wearable for pedi or mani. Bright but not obnoxious. Cheerful and rich-looking. Apply carefully and it will look so great.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love OPI nail polishes in general (hardly chip, dry so quickly and are smooth) but this one is one of my favourites! Its such a lovely colour for all year round. It isnt too bright but nor too dark either. Goes with most outfits within region.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Gorgeous color! Ate Berries in the Canaries is one of my favorite OPI shades I own. It's a bright and happy, but very wearable shade of fuschia/magenta in an easy to apply, creme formula. It looks good on my NC 35 skin tone all year round, whether I'm leaning more fair or tanned depending on the season. It would suit a variety of skin tones as it's a neutral, not too warm, not too cool shade. It instantly brightens any look, but is still very wearable. One coat is good, but I still use two for perfect coverage. This is one of the easier OPI formulas to appy-- it is opaque and has a decent texture (not too watery or thick). It's a perfect spring/summer shade, just like a pretty orchid or other flower. It's a great shade for when I want to wear something bright, but not too bright, and don't want to stick to a basic red either. It's just so pretty.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Bummer. I've been lemming this forever after seeing it on a friend. On me, this pulls too cool/purple. I don't see any of the fuchsia tones and it looks blah. Great cream formula and shine, though.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Perfect pink - purple color. I think, more purple than pink which is a good thing. I see this color working for all seasons.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am currently loving this shade! You seriously need only one coat and it is such a lovely fuscia/berry color. Perfect for spring or summer. It looks great on both my toes and fingers. I get minimal chipping and it is not too bright or garish for work. I wish I would have tried this sooner. Thanks for those who recommended it. It really is a stand-out shade for me.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I have to agree with the the rest of comments here. This is a stunning fuchsia berry shade that has the perfect balance of pink and purple.

It looked like a regular n/p in the bottle but this creme shade is just stunning on. It is very opaque, applies smoothly and lasts without chipping for sometime on the nails.

I have a new appreciation for this shade during the holiday season and I'm really happy to have such a high quality n/p in my possession.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool