Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

on 8/26/2015 1:37:00 AM

This is an amazing product if you have dry skin and need a good moisturizer.

on 8/24/2015 3:22:00 AM

Fantastic product. I have dry skin, with oily the zone. I'm only 24 and starting to notice dry lines around my eyes and flakes around my nose. I've been using this for 3 weeks, every day and night. I slather it all over my body, focusing on elbows and knees. I then put this on my face over my jojoba oil. I've noticed a massive improvement in my skin, and the skin on my face is plump - no pimples! My foundation looks much better on me too when a use a bit of this in the morning. I went for a facial the other day and the beautician examined my skin under this special light thing, and she said my skin is very well hydrated now, unlike before.
Highly recommend.

I put this cream all over my body after taking a shower and it didn't absorb all the way but my skin still felt nice so I left it on. I went to band practice 3 HOURS later and this lotion made a slimy yucky film all over my skin and I was miserable for a whole 4 hour marching rehearsal. This stuff is not good for all over body because if you do even menial physical activity it is DISGUSTING on your skin until you take a shower. IT DOES NOT ABSORB, EVER! The only thing I can use it on is the back of my hands over night or on my legs over night because I can wash it off in the morning. The only reason I gave it three stars is because it makes my hands and body soft but it is gross and I have to wash it off.
Also, this is TERRIBLE for the face. I put this on my face and it blocked my pores and made me break out on my cheeks. My dermatologist told me to never put this cream on my face because it is so thick and it blocks pores very easily. It is very waxy and it does not absorb.
WOULD NEVER recommend for face.
Would recommend for hands in body if you can wash it off after.

on 8/24/2015 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I know that Cetaphil is a bit of a cult product and I was after something cheap but effective to use after my Skinceuticals retinol 0.5%. I've tried many expensive moisturisers promising all sorts of thing and I've found that the cheaper ones over a more expensive treatment product are the way to go.

I found Cetaphil cream ok but I probably prefer products like Dermaveen or Aveeno. It was a bit too oily for my skin which doesn't bother me so much at night but it does tend to just sit on my skin. Not a bad moisturiser and I would encourage everyone to give it a go - it wasn't the right fit for my skin but it does moisturise very well and is a bit of a bargain.

on 8/19/2015 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've noticed that a lot of reviews of this product talk about using it on the face. Personally I don't think that this cream is well suited as a facial moisturizer. It's got a waxy like texture - which sets off an immediate red flag to me. I have tried using it on my face and it results in dry skin still, but coupled with painful cystic acne spots.

BUT

This stuff is great for use on the body. I have super dry skin every place on my body. I started using this stuff because I had to for a dermatology study I was on. But I really fell in love with it. At first it feels pretty heavy, but once you learn how to apply the appropriate amount, it works wonders. If you do end up applying to much, I've noticed it will kind of ball up on the skin - so you really do have to be careful.

on 8/15/2015 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

used when my skin was dry- worked great but ended up being *too* moisturizing. my forehead and cheeks broke out with a bunch of closed comedones. :( luckily, chemical exfoliation sorted out the bumps pretty quick for me. so beware, this product is quite comedogenic. i bet this would work amazingly for someone with super super bone dry skin, but unfortunately, my dry-borderline-normal skin couldn't handle all this moisture.

on 8/11/2015 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It buuuuuuurns!

I know this is recommended for sensitive, reactive, or dry skin, but this product made my skin go haywire. It burned. It felt stripped and dry and got rough patches, AND it made me break out at the same time. I tried it, with breaks in between, 2 or 3 times. Same reaction each time. A big "no" for me.

I would go to sleep with my makeup on before I ever let this touch my face again.

No, no, no.

on 8/11/2015 3:49:00 PM

I really liked this product until I found a better replacement (QV). I used this for around 3-4 years, with the face wash but QV was better. However, for extremely dry skin this cream is amazing, although you do need to use religiously for at least two weeks to notice a difference.

It makes me a bit oily, the formula is a bit too thick for me even if it claims it doesn't block pores. Overall, a good one but I like QV better.

on 8/2/2015 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Totally loved this moisturizer. Not offensively scented or excessively heavy. I have really finicky skin, dry and prone to breakouts, and Cetaphil worked WAY better for me than CeraVe. My skin felt soft and moisturized, but not shiny and greasy. I wish the packaging wasn't such that I had to continuously stick my hands in it, though.

on 7/29/2015 9:27:00 PM

this is definitely not anti-aging cream but it does give you good night time moisture

Popular Moisturizers