Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Dear beautiful women,

Dry skin? Need something that's going to moisturize your skin for an extended period of time?
"Hey! What if I have sensitive skin?"

Not a problem! Ladies, if you experience dry skin and need something gentle to apply to your skin, Cetaphil could be just the thing for you!

Now you might think that I'm trying to get you to buy this product. Mmm....not necessarily...

The Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream is said to be suitable for, "Every Age. Every Stage. Every Day."

Still not convinced? Well, the Cetaphil Moisturizing cream is "clinically proven to provide immediate and lasting relief from extremely dry skin." This product is not just suitable for dry-cracked skin, it is hypo-allergenic, and fragrance free. This product provides long-lasting hydration for even sensitive skin!

Skin types vary, and I admit that my skin can be pretty dry, especially in the winter season. If you are like me, you might want a product that is going to last a long period of time, and does not contain harsh chemicals. The Cetaphil Moisturizing does just that! There are so many moisturizing products, but this is one of my favorites. (Note: I apply this product to my face.) I like to apply moisturizing cream two times a day: the morning, and before going to bed. If you are applying this product to the face, I recommend cleaning the face to help open those pores and dry thoroughly. Now a lot of you may rub the moisturizer into the face. I take a little bit of the product and rub or dab the moisturizer in, but it's your preference of how you apply the product.

Now you are ready to go!
"That's it?"
Yes! Just apply the product as many times as needed.

Overall, I would recommend this product because it is scent-free, and is long-lasting. I do not have to apply so much in a small amount of time. As previously stated, I only apply this product twice a day. A little definitely goes a long way with this product! Now you can go about your day, with long-lasting moisturization from Cetaphil!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is by far the best moisturizer i've ever tried. and i've tried many. its a very emollient moisturizer with no color to it, thick in consistency but provides long lasting moisture to your skin even after you take it off. good under makeup too. loving it. repurchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have acne-prone combination skin. My cheeks and forehead are normal, leaning dry in winter months. My nose is oily all year round but prone to flakiness and peeling.

I bought this moisturiser intending it to moisturise my skin—forming a protective barrier to prevent moisture from evaporating and emollients to hydrate. This does exactly that. I have not had one dry patch on the triangle area between my nose and under eye. My nose isn't peeling either.

This is a plain moisturiser. No fancy antioxidants, no sun protection factor, no deep sea mermaid tear extracts, and no unicorn piss. Just effective moisturising. It contains no fragrance and a healthy dose of broad-spectrum preservatives.

The consistency is thick, like cream whipped to stiff peaks. It sinks into the skin quickly, with no greasiness or shine as long as you use an appropriate amount. I like to spread half a pea sized amount in my palms, and press my palms to my cleansed face.

It makes for an excellent make up base.

All sizes apart from the 100ml are packaged in a jar. The 100ml is in a tube.

I don't worry about contaminating the product because:

1) It has broad-spectrum preservatives such as Methylparaben and Propylparaben. Folks, before you cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war in the internet witch hunt for parabens and mineral oil, do a bit of research and learn to critically evaluate.

If you're undecided, google "parabens safety". Who's our daddy for quick and dirty answers? You are, Google, you are.

Seriously. Homework today: compare and critically analyse the blog posts titled "Parabens, Skincare, Safety, and Cancer: What does the Science say?" (@ musicalhouse) and "Parabens Explained" (@ truegoods). The former says parabens in the amount used as a preservative in skincare is perfectly safe. The latter says parabens are inherently toxic to cells (more importantly, what it doesn't say. I could do an analysis...but that shit isn't relevant to this review.)

2) I make SURE that my hands and face are clean when I use my moisturiser. If I ever suspect the product has icky yucky germs, I will spray this shit with isopropyl alcohol. Or just scrape off the offending layer. Or just replace it.

Pros: It feels nice, rich and creamy. Neutral smell.

Cons: when apply on face, it is greasy on the skin even if u put a little bit. Just hate it because of this. I use this as hand lotion instead to prevent wastage.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have eczema and got this as I used the moisturising lotion before. I wanted to get something richer for my trip to Sydney, I knew the difference in humidity would dry my skin out like crazy. Also, Cetaphil is one of the more accessible brands for eczema in Singapore.

It takes awhile to absorb into my face and it is greasier. It doesn't have any scent. I feel that the moisturizing factor is similar to the lotion. Just okay. My skin drys out fast in aircon environments and this doesn't seem to soothe away the dry patches.

AMAZING! This stuff saved my skin. I have been on acne treatments which were so drying to my skin and no moisturizer I used would help, not even straight aquaphor! I got a sample of this and tried it on a whim one night and when i woke up i was amazed that the flakes on my skin had disappeared. I use this every night and it makes my skin so soft and hydrated and keeps the flakes at bay. Make sure to only use this at night or if you are staying home all day because it does look oily/greasy. If you are in the same situation I was where no moisturizer seemed to work, try this one out.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Great for dry elbows and all over body, clears my over washed hospital working hands of all redness and discomfort, but why oh why do people have success with this as a face moisturizer? I broke out into severe cystic acne and clogged pores within a week of face usage. I have pretty clear skin that's very dry, this didn't do anything but break my face out severely. Body usage is a two thumbs up though!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Cetaphil is highly recommended by dermatologists for people with sensitive skin as well as all skin types. I use their products for moisturizing and cleansing. I have very thin, dry skin and upon use, it feels as though my skin breathed a sigh of relief. Medications as well as environment affect your skin and Cetaphil can be used by anyone of any age and get relief from dry skin.

I bought the big tub of this before I started Accutane and it saved my skin! Used it twice a day and my skin wasn't as dry as it should have been during my treatment.
Now I use it everynight during the winter and it doesn't break me out nor does it make me oily. I love this!

5 star product.
It does the job well and is unscented which is great if you are a perfume addict like myself.