December 20, 2014 | 1278 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2014 9:36:00 AM More reviews by bsg811

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this on my face and body in the winter. I have very dry, moderately sensitive skin and this does a great job keeping my skin my drying out. It's cheap ($11 for a tub at costco), abundant and unscented--although one of my cats who is very sensitive to perfumes recoils when she smells it on me, so there's something in there. Applied judiciously to the face (I pat on a tiny dab on each cheek and and a small dot on chin and forehead), it is not greasy. It soaks in quickly to a soft semi-matte finish. It is not the finest face cream I have ever used, but I will trade the frills for the low cost. The only issue with this is that while it's very rich, it somehow still doesn't keep moisture in my skin. In the dead of winter, my skin will feel dry and rough even with a thick layer of this stuff on top. I've started layering it with hyaluronic acid serum and that's really helping. My skin is retaining moisture now. Perfect combo!

As a body cream it's ideal. I highly recommend it for healing tattoos. The watery lotion they often recommend for that is waaay too light for my skin. This is nice and rich without blocking air from the tattoo. The last one I healed with this didn't even scab which, despite what some people might try to tell you, is a GOOD thing. Scabs are liable to crack and cause deeper tissue damage, infections, longer healing time and fucked up tattoos. If you can avoid them, all the better.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by atomickittenlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used this on my body and my face and have mixed feelings...

Yes, it broke me out. After using it three days consecutively, i noticed lots of raised red bumps (that looked like acne) all over my chest and my face broke out too (although I'm always weary of blaming a face breakout out on a single product). I applied some contact dermatitis cream (prescribed to me from a previous reaction )on my chest last night and the bumps are pretty much gone. So I'm chalking the reaction up to some sort of allergy/sensitivity. No idea which ingredient is the culprit or if its due to a combination--- which is unfortunate because there are some pros...

This cream is super moisturizing - more so than any cream/lotion i have used, including oils. It feels really nice going on and didn't immediately cause any discomfort. I think this would be great on eczema.

But, there are other negatives beside my reaction: The packaging of course-- can we say unhygienic finger dipping (!!), which is especially icky since i know my hubby secretly tries out all my products and most definitely does not wash his hands first!! lol

Also, if you plan to use it on your face--- it will feel great but it does not work under makeup. at all. It made my foundation look heavy, cakey and emphasized pores.

I'll probably still use it for my legs and arms since i never have any sensitivity issues there --- or ill just hand it over to the hubby.

hope this helps someone who is experiencing red spots or is prone to them.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Beeforth

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually us this moisturizing cream as a cleanser - to remove make up. It comes in a nice large tub and doesn't contain any strong perfume. I slap it on, tissue off then wipe my face with a cotton wool pad soaked in micellar water.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by meghanjaye

I always find myself crawling back to this product, especially around winter time. As some reviewers have pointed out, this CREAM can get a bit greasy. However, I've noticed this only happens if used in excess or during hotter seasons. Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream is an excellent product that works wonders for the itchy, dry patches on my sensitive skin. I use this on my face and body, and have never had any irritations. If you're doubting this purchase due to the price, don't. It is definitely an amazing investment, especially because it lasts for ages (seriously, I've had the same tub for at least 2 years) and will rid you of any dryness! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by pk1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have a very dry sensitive skin due to tretinoin .1% and duac gel (clinda +benzoyl). This cream leaves my skin so oily, greasy and moisturized looking on the outside but when i pat my skin with a tissue after an hour, i am left with a taut, painful and dry feeling of the skin. The point is this cream only moisturizes on the outside but still leaves the inside of your skin dry. This also contains alcohol.

I have switched to physiogel cream because it's alcohol-free and it contains ceramides. Been using it for months now and it has been great.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2014 2:13:00 AM More reviews by wiwi45678

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This moisturizer is very thick and has a cream-like consistency. I love Cetaphil face wash so I had high hopes for this lotion. I used a small, small amount on my skin & let me tell you: I absolutely hate it. Its thick, greasy, lives an oily residue on your skin and does not sink into the pores. And this is using a small pea sized amount. It doesnt even spread and blend effortlessly. I woke up the next morning with the lotion still not absorbed and had a grease face the rest of the day.
All in all, this product is one of my most disliked product on the market. I threw the entire jar away. Do yourself a favor and buy another, lightweight lotion that absorbes nicely into the skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Applemonster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It makes my skin feel moist but it really just sits on it. In reality it's just dry skin under a layer of grease. Not moisturizing despite the greasiness.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Very simple, cheap, good moisturizer. It definitely works, leaves my skin feeling instantly moisturized. It is not heavy or greasy at all, I find it sinks into my skin quite nicely. I like that it's free of scent, and just generally very gentle and non-irritating to the skin. All you really need in a moisturizer, in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 12:33:00 AM More reviews by kidrauh1

Favorite moisturizer hands down. It really hydrates your skin without being too greasy. I originally got this tube for myself, but then my whole family started using it haha. The price is great for the amount of product you get and lasts for months!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by puggle3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a review for the cream in the tube.

I use this after applying my benzoyl peroxide for acne. This moisturizer is extremely hydrating and I find that it lasts quite a while as you don't need much. I have oily, acne-prone skin and this does not break me out at all. It absorbs fast and doesn't leave my skin looking shiny.

Will keep repurchasing.