October 24, 2014 | 1632 users online

Makeup Brushes - Coastal Scents - Synthetic Deluxe Crease Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 8:13:00 AM More reviews by PreciousCharmer17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an absolute holy grail item in my makeup brush collection. I use this brush to blend out color on the outer ends of my eye to create a smokey look. I've read a lot of other users using it to blend out their concealer as well. I have not yet tried this but I definitely will in the near future. I have 2 of these brushes and honestly I would get a whole lot more if they were still around. I don't understand why Coastal Scents has discontinued this brush. It is definitely better than the brushes they currently have for sale on their website. The quality of this brush is absolutely 100% better than a lot of other major makeup companies. Don't get me wrong. MAC brushes are lovely and they do a great job at what they're suppose to do, but MAC doesn't have a brush like this one in their set. I wish they did because it would sell, sell, sell...Too bad it's discontinued on Coastal Scents. I really would've liked to buy a few more if they were still around.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this brush - but not for the intended purpose.

I am loving this as the best concealer brush! If I had some really definite crease work to do, I would be using something like this - but I usually like my looks to be a bit more natural, or smokey - not so precise.

For folks that like to use liner or something in the crease to set a precise look, and then blend out the liner, this would be a good choice. But for me - not the best choice.

As a concealer brush, this works well to buff in your concealer while keeping it concentrated on the area you want it on.

Quality of this brush is outstanding - it has not shed, did not smell funny, etc. It was $2.79 plus tax, shipping:

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2009 4:50:00 PM More reviews by chloecupcakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This brush is awesome! I'm vegan and it's difficult to find nice quality synthetic brushes that don't cost an arm and a leg. I looove this brush. Doesn't shed or smell funny, blends really well and is small enough for my tiny eyes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2009 2:00:00 AM More reviews by ruqayya33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great little brush. I tend to prefer an even smaller brush for the crease, but I think this will work nicely to apply (mineral) powder concealer to small/tight areas, like around the nose or on a small blemish... and for hilighting the brow bone.

The head is on the small side but not as narrow and stiff as the MAC pencil brush or Sephora's Smokey Eye brush. The bristles are very soft on skin. I washed and used it multiple times, without any bleeding or shedding.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2009 3:25:00 AM More reviews by tiffladines

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This crease brush is LOVE.
Just like what the previous reviewer had mentioned, it is SUPER soft.
It is THE perfect crease brush for me since I don't have that much lid space (asian).
It doesn't shed, and applies e/s on the crease really well.
Oh, and did I mention it's super super super soft?

I definitely recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2009 2:41:00 PM More reviews by byourself

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great crease brush!! Here is what I love about it:

- The size. This crease brush is neither too large nor too small to apply crease colour. It fits into the crease perfectly!!

- The bristles. Those taklon bristles are soooooooo soft! Not kidding. Plus synthetic bristles are durable, easier to clean and cruelty-free ('cause those mink and sable hair don't grow on trees you know...)

- The density. These bristles are dense enough that you can easily pick up eyeshadow, but they are soft enough to allow a windsheild motion when doing your crease colour. Very flexible, yet somewhat firm. The density of it also allows you to blend your eyeshadow

- The price. Can you really beat that price of 2,79$... Seriously!!

Give it a try!