August 22, 2014 | 2019 users online

Brows - Illamasqua - Eye Brow Cake in Motto

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Lhegge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Good quality product. Soft powder, easy to blend, great color that is hard to find in brow powders. I got the same results/swatches when using a damp brush as I did with Clinique's Brow Shaper in charcoaled for half the price. I recommend swatching both and seeing for yourself :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by ldyveex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

beautiful product have this in motto and gaze

better with a damp brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

This product and color is amazing. It works for so many hair colors and it lasts all day. I didn't have to use a brow pencil because this pretty much stays where you put it, then you have to blend it out into your brows a little. Once it's on, you can forget about it. It won't smear or smudge. Motto is incredibly ash toned, so if you have any warmth in your brows go with Thunder. I recently colored my hair a soft black and Motto is perfect, but it also works on blondes (with a light hand).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 9:36:00 AM More reviews by Legs11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this!! As a teenager i plucked my eyebrows really thin( I was a little goth girl) and for the past 10 years of so i have been trying to grow them back.
It is essential for me to have a decent product for my brows and i have spent a lot over the years and I have finally found my perfect brow product!
The colour matches perfectly with my pale skin and blonde hair(think ash) and there are so many shades to choose from.
It comes in a little package with a mirror and I have been using mine for well over a year and still havent scratched the surface. You can use it wet or dry, I prefer dry as it gives a more nautural look. It may seem pricey but it is so worth it and it will last for years!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by MariaAllen87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Waxy product,
Motto looks really light in the package, my natural hair colour is really really dark, I use this product with a wet brush. It's fab.

I have depotted it because it broke & I couldn't be bothered to put it back together. It's now in a sifter pot.

The product doesn't shift, it comes off when you want it off.

The guy at the counter colour matched me motto & i would probably have went darker if I had of ordered online or didn't ask about it.

Illamasqua have a setting gel too that makes this product even better.
All my friends are now avid users of this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2011 7:30:00 PM More reviews by sophrosyne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Motto glides on smoothly, with dense pigmentation, and lasts all day. It also has zero red in it, making it perfect for people with ashy tones in their hair, or those who just seem to find too much red in their brown brow powders and pencils. My only complaint is that the color seems much, much darker on me than it appeared online, and even in the pan. I had blond hair that turned ash brown with puberty, but my brows stayed blond and sparse. I've been on a hunt for just the right eyebrow color for years. It needed to be a cool dark taupe, almost khaki grey, with no red whatsoever, and I've approximated it with a number of pencils (e.g., MAC Fling, Anastasia Medium Ash, Shu Uemura Stone Grey). On the Sephora website, Motto is the second darkest of four brow powder shades, suggesting that it's suitable for blonds. The Sephora swatch is significantly lighter than the color in the pan, which is lighter still than the color it applies once it blends with the oils in your skin. The only blonds I think could get away with this color are those who have that naturally blond hair and almost black eyebrows. This is not to say that the color is unattractive -- it's gorgeous, a cool, khaki-tinted charcoal grey, and absolutely perfect for anyone with ash-brown to black hair who finds black pencils too harsh, or anyone with blond hair who wants some drama, and wants no red tones whatsoever. On me, unfortunately, the look was entirely too harsh, even applied lightly. I'm not fair, either -- I have olive skin and brown eyes. It did last, though, I'll give it that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 6:01:00 AM More reviews by MariellaFromBe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I ordered this I thought the sealing gel was included, I don't know where I picked that idea. It was not. But well, you can still spray your brush with Fix+ or toner and it works great as well.
I usually use the powder alone and then fix my brows with a clear mascara.

This is a really great brow powder, it's very easy to apply, it has a khaki undertone that is actually perfect for light skins and dark blonde/chestnut hair because it doesn't make them look reddish. It lasts all day, especially if set with clear gel or another product.
It's the best brow product I have found so far, will definitely repurchase!