October 24, 2014 | 1597 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Red Carpet

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by rockstar00

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yes! Ruby Red Slipper color for your nails this color is Gorgeous! Red Carpet is the perfect red with the right amount of sparkle and shine. I love this color! love...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I rarely wear this polish on its own. I prefer to layer it over other polishes, since I don't find that it's opaque enough.
However, when layered, it is simply gorgeous. I've used this with a variety of red shades from bright cherry red to deep, blackened burgundy and it is stunning over every one of them. One coat of this over top adds a terrific amount of dimension and interest to an otherwise one-dimensional manicure, and I adore it.
The brush is wide, but not as bad as Sally Hansen's quick-drying polish, so it's still fairly manageable.
Price-wise, this is a no-brainer. On average, you're looking to spend no more than $3.50, and for such a terrific addition to your polish collection, that's a steal.
Currently, I enjoy this most when paired with China Glaze's "Long Kiss", which is a beautiful pearl red lacquer. Slap some of this lovely lacquer over top and you've got the kind of finish on your nails that most antique car guys would kill for on their Impala. It seriously has that feel to it. Classic, but fun and ready to party.
Even my husband loved the combo. Said it reminded him of the finish on one of his favorite old guitars. That's fine by me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by LyndseyZ

Probably one of my favorite nail polishes!! It goes on really nicely and has a quick dry time!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE this polish! I think it might be more appropriately named Ruby Slippers because it is a beautiful ruby red shade with little red sparkles in it. Some of the other Hard as Nails polishes don't have the best formula/texture but this one is pretty good! It goes on smoothly and isn't too thick or thin but just right. It is opaque and shiny with just one coat and dries fairly quickly. It is tough and has lasted on my toes for a week+ without chipping and on fingers for an average of 4 days (clear coat on top of course). Most notably though, this color is totally gorgeous and rich. It's very inexpensive at $2.50 and the brush and bottle do the job/look fine. Definitely recommend this one, a new favorite for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by deaMariel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this since I was looking for a cheaper alternative for Essie polish. Got this at Target for 2.99. Looked cute, almost like Orly's Star Spangled polish. Upon application, I found that the formula is really runny and weird. The brush is a bit longer than normal polish but also thinner. It's not as foolproof to apply as Essie because the polish is so runny and the brush makes application messier. I had to clean up a lot of polish outside my nail bed. Not for non-pros. It also took so long to dry between applications. Been sitting for 30 mins and it still hasnt dried. The glitters were not at as expected, looked flat and not too sparkly when applied had to put 2 coats of Orly top coat to give it some shine. Im yet to test its lasting power. But might not buy the same product again. You get what you paid for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I never wear bright red nail polish - except around Christmas time I might do an accent nail with it. That's why I bought this color last holiday season - I got this for dirt cheap on clearance. The color is absolutely stunning. A vibrant maraschino cherry red with red sparkles. It just glows on the nail. It has a jelly consistency but given that it is very opaque. I fell deeply in love with this color just wearing it as an accent nail (I wore it w/ ChG Emerald Sparkle and it looked a-mazing!). I didn't have any problem with the wear time on it and I used an inexpensive top and base coat. I have tried ChG Ruby Pumps but much prefer Red Carpet because it is more vibrant to my eye. I would absolutely recommend this color and will be pulling it out again for Xmas this year :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by skywriter24

From the bottle, this color looks like a gorgeous, sparkly red. The brush is horrible. It's too big and polish gets all over the place. It started chipping the day I put it on, even with two coats and a top coat. It also took forver to dry. I will not buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by kalzangdrunma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Chips pretty easily but AWESOME while it lasts. Just GORGEOUS.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by p3ischarmed13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great color to wear, and I always get questions and compliments when I wear it!! Love it, and since I got it on clearance, I hope its not being discontinued. This is the one polish my roomies always ask to borrow out of the 50 or so that I have for them to choose from. Looks beautiful every time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite red nail polishes. This is a beautiful deep red with red shimmers. I got this because it reminded me of Dorothy's red slippers. The application is very smooth. It really only needs one coat, but two coats make it extra opaque. It's perfect for the holidays or any occasion, really. I love this polish! I wear SV over this and it lasts for a good 5 days without chipping, and I do a lot of dishwashing! I will definitely repurchase this when I run out!