November 25, 2014 | 1823 users online

Eye Shadow - Coastal Scents - Duocrome Iridescent Green Gold

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by kimmyO

I dont like this as much as I had hoped i would have, partly b/c i have blu/green eyes and this green is not ideal for them. I got it mainly for the duochrome effect. It goes on as a light green with gold reflects, but it isn't as opaque as I would like. Not sure what to use it for. The bag it came in was a little annoying, but its fine for what is left from when i pressed the powder into a pan.

Bottom line: Green/blue eyes should not be too tempted by this product, especially if you have fair skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2009 6:22:00 PM More reviews by hp11989

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall rating: I gave this product 4 lippies for it's intense pigmented shimmer. However, I deducted 1 lippie only because the shade is not an HG for my hazel green eyes. This color is a very bright medium green with a gold duochrome. It looks like the skin of some of those tropical frogs that you might see on the Internet! In the little baggie, it looks like a bright yellow green, almost chartreuse, but the green and gold meld together better once it's applied. It's about as bright dry as it is wet, so I don't see any point to foiling it. Why go to the extra trouble? Used over UDPP, it did not travel or fade. However, I didn't use it in the crease, so I can't tell you if it creases or not. Overall, an excellent-quality eyeshadow sample for the very low price!
Where did I buy this: Coastal Scents Web site; all of the mica powders are 100% natural -- no fillers -- and are the natural ingredients are listed right on the label.
Price: $1 for a huge, honking 1-teaspoon (or more) sample.
Packaging: Small baggie with a zip-lock top; annoying but could easily be transferred into a sample pot.
Would I buy again: Probably not because the color is not a stand out on me, plus there is enough product in the sample to last me a lifetime! continued >>