August 22, 2014 | 1025 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - Pure Blends eyeshadow - 200 Ivory

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

I agree w/ the previous review-er that it has a scent...kind of like pencil crayons or something...?? not sure...Anyhow the color is ok, I find it slightly chalky on my lids and I need quite a lot for it to even show up on my brown eye-lids as I'm (East) Indian. I do like it tho as it's a good day shadow w/ a little mascara as it really makes black lashes show up well. Don't think I'd re-purchase as I think I'll try a Revlon Shadow Link next time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by keiki300

This a good ivory color with a subtle shine. I like this shadow very much but not as much as giving it 5 lippies. I got mine at the dollar store for 2.50 and was ticked pink. So I will go and buy 3 or 4 more to stalk up since it is discontinued. The color is medium coverage. The smell is funny. It is unscented but strange smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really have fallen in love with these Almay pure Blend Eyeshadows and Ivory is a great shadow for many purposes.
PRICE/AVAILABILITY- I think they have been discontinued from most stores but I have seen them here in there. I have found mine at Big Lots and Dollar Tree so they were an incredible bargain but have also seen them at Rite Aid. So if you look you may find them. Ive seen them from $1 at discount stores to $6 each in various drugstores. I wish i could buy them at my Dollar Tree for $1 all the time. normally when i find them at discount stores its typically because they are discontinued sadly :(
SHADE/FORMULA- i love the formula on these single shadows. they are so soft and almost buttery feeling. they are pigmented and have a satin sheen finish. applies so nice to the eye lid and blends super well. Ivory is an ivory color with a sheen. it does have a slight golden undertone but its almost unnoticeable. its so pretty for brow bone highlighting or using all over the lid for a wide eyed look. its great as a wash all over for a natural look. its also great for face highlighting too!! great multipurpose shadow. i was def surprised by how well these show up on the skin! Ivory is a beautiful must have color! i use it alot! These are named Pure Blend for the reason being they are more on the sheer side than BAM cover everything shadows. its great for beginners or those like myself that dont want a crazy super pigmented look all the time, its a great shadow for everyday wear. since its 97% pure organic makeup- its great for those senstive skin girls to use! its pressed well with no fillers that make the shadow hard & gritty. its a great smooth surface for your application to go along smoothly!
PACKAGING- i love love love the packaging in these single shadows. its a square compact with a magnetic closure. the box itself is ivory in color with green and purple writing. the name label is on the back. i love how simple yet clean & chic these look and feel. whats the best part is that you get a huge amount of shadow! the square pan is deeper than most drugstore shadows and looks so pretty! the top has a see thru plastic window that allows you to see that shadow inside which makes finding diff shadows easy than having to open them or look on the back for names. i love and feel like its economic and im pretty sure they were made from recycled products but i could be wrong. ill have to look. but i love how much shadow you get bc it will probably take me years to get through this one shadow. even using it a ton, ive not made any dent. the shadow looks pretty in the packaging.
overall- if you can find these and theyre in your price range- give em a shot! i havent been disappointed in any of the 6 shades ive tried bc they are so pretty and natural looking so i get alot of use out of them esp Ivory- its a great staple highlight to own and use! its beautiful! if i ever get thru it and could find it again, id probably pick another one up!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 10:27:00 AM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is my favourite eyeshadow at the moment. It gives my lids a lovely soft sheen. I don't even use a brush to apply it with - just swipe it on with my finger from lashline to crease, blend, and I'm good to go. I've been pairing it with flicked out liquid eyeliner and it ends up looking very elegant. I also have it in Petal and that's pretty too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

Ive been eyeing these shadows at Target for awhile & glad i waited to try it because i found the one shade i would try out at a bargain place. i ended up getting ivory 200 for just a buck. anyway the shade is a neutral beigey cream with a slight shimmer. color wise is comparable to mary kay's spun silk and stila's kitten (but with much much less shimmer). i used mary kay's eyeshadow primer under it and it wore very nicely the entire day. no creasing or fading. it was pretty much what i expected it would be. i was kind of hoping it would be just a touch more shimmerier but not surprised that it wasn't. its a good basic beutral cream beige eyeshadow that will match any other color for a nice natural daytime look.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by catrheaper

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This review goes for all the Pure Blends eyeshadow shades. I have lived on Cape Cod for a decade now. We ladies here are notorius for going around bare-faced. Being from the MidWest originally, I love makeup, so I needed to reach a compromise. I felt Pure Blends would have the natural look I wanted. Wrong. The product may be made with natural ingredients, with natural recycled packaging, but the look is anything but natural. Silly me. It is so super shiny, that, as other ladies have complained, even the darker shades look light on your eyes. I certainly don't want my shiny eyelids to enter the room before me, if I'm going for that bare-faced "natural" understated look. You need to have matte for that. Any sort of glimmer just screams "glam", and if that's what you're into, fine.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2009 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Paris334

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this on clearance so I can't complain but I wouldn't bother with any of the Almay Pure Blends shadows again. This is a really pretty color in the package but it is pretty much impossible to see when applied.

I also bought 205 Cocoa on clearance and I feel the same way about that one. It's just OK and I find myself pushing them out of the way all of the time to get at other things. I essentially never use them.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2009 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Nell405

I got this and Oatmeal together for $8 CAD, which was awesome. Good highlight color, or maybe even all over the lid for a natural look if you're super fair skinned like me. Haven't tried that yet. Plus these shadows are 98.2% natural. I have 5 of them and love them all :) The packaging IS bulky, but personally I don't mind it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by tango2470

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this because it came with a bonus shadow and I love it! It's very pretty as a highlight color, it's a little lighter than it appears in the package.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2009 More reviews by VNicola

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very pretty cream colored eyeshadow, with a satin finish. It is soft and blended well. The packaging is bulky.