October 20, 2014 | 1185 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2014 1:12:00 AM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

$3 for some lip balm? Too pricey. Packaging is cute but very gimmicky which some may not like. I got the original pink sphere which I thought would be a girl's little best friend but I was wrong. These did nothing for my sore, chapped lips and felt very waxy. I had to keep reapplying throughout the day. Sure they're nice if your lips are already in good condition and just need a light base for some lip colors but other than that what's the point? For $1 just dig yourself out some good old ugly medicated pot of Carmex and be done with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2014 7:54:00 AM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Took me a long time to try this. My best friend actually gave me this in a package with other stuff. We live far apart so every once in a while we send each other things. I LOVE THIS! The taste, the texture and the moisturization is top notch. I am the kind of girl that just used to put on lip gloss if my lips needed moisture. Now I keep this on me at all times. Makes a huge difference, no chapped lips here! Well done EOS.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by Elle1985

I've tried soooo hard, but I personally just hate this product! I know it's so "in" but it's not for me! We all have different skin, different lips, nails, hair etc so I know results will vary on anything and everything beauty we all try but I can only agree with the posters on their cons :(

It's waxy, doesn't moisturizer, leaves a white cast and sometimes a white film. It's an odd shape which I won't fault it, I have a ton of other gimmicky lip balms, but it's not convenient! Again thats my opinion and I know its not a popular one, but if you're a beauty splurger like me and tend to grab more then one of down thing when it's "new" (i grabbed like 4 eos and baby lips lol) I'd try one 1st before you buy more just to be safe. They recently came our with a swirly packaged one specifically for moisture so EOS themselves must have realized the old formula wasn't "wow" :P

I personally much prefer Nivea and Baby Lips over this, but that's just me!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Siesha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I want to like this, I really do - but it dries my lips out so much and so quickly (it's astonishing really), that I can't recommend this product to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by nnn3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the scent and the cute packaging.Unfortunately those are the only good things about it.It doesnt moisturize my lips at all,they feel even drier after using it.I wouldnt repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by rubyautumn

Its so cute, a really nice scent and at first they seemed fabulous! But now my lips are soooo dry and I feel like I'm just coating them in wax. :( I feel like LipSmacker was better!
I've upgraded to fresh Sugar lip balms, which are so much more expensive, but amazing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I was so ecstatic with the EOS lip balms a while ago, because they have such yummy scent, taste and are organic. But as I've used this product I've noticed it does NOTHING for people with serious dry chapped lips issues like mine. The main difference between this and the Chapsticks and Vaseline lip treatments that I own is that EOS lipbalms NEVER really sink into your lips and moisturize them. It just sits on top of them with a VERY thick waxy feel.
I made the test putting ChapStick one night before going to bed and doing the same with EOS a night later. The chapstick sinked into my lips during night time and my lips were soft and plush the next morning. With the EOS test, the morning after I applied it I just had a thick crust of white wax on top of my lips and I had to scrub it off. Just not worth the money at all. This is good if you don't really have broken dry lips but otherwise this is a real no no for me.
I just think this has a hype because of the marketing the company has; these little balls appear on many music videos!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by ananasvolant

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I loved these for about 2 months. Then my lips started getting horribly dry and I kept adding more of the eos lipbalm but it would only get worse. I switched back to nivea for now, it's been a week and it's a little bit better but not back to normal. It's too bad really, I love the smell and the packaging so much but it did not work for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by marianeo

I wish I could like this product...the packaging is adorable and I find all of the flavours smell amazing. It even feels nice when you first put it on! HOWEVER, this lip balm makes my lips EXTREMELY dry after a few times of using it. I also noticed that my lips get incredibly itchy. I must be having an allergic reaction to one of the ingredients, which is unfortunate because they use mostly organic ingredients. The price is great for these but I will never purchase an EOS lip balm again.

PS- I tried a couple other flavours as well, and they all ruined my lips (especially the peppermint one)!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by itsjulianne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I normally love eos products but I'm not a fan of this scent at all! I hadn't had it for long when the smell started to smell really old and sour. My Mother said it reminded her of cat pee? Like some others have said, eos products are not a miracle for your lips, but I still think they're adorable and will continue to buy their items, but I'll never pick up this scent again.