August 22, 2014 | 2021 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear in Rockstar Pink

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by CaiOli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was pleasantly surprise at how opaque this glitter polish was.
Like any glitter it was difficult to remove but it looked nice and went on easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by JennyNiemann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first saw this nail color I knew I had to have it! Rockstar Pink is a glitter nail polish with mostly pink glitter. When you look closely at it you can see that it has blue, red, silver and gold and it is a very fine glitter, not chunky at all.

Usually when I buy glitter nail polish you need quite a few coats to make it look like it does in the bottle, or add a layer of colored polish underneath to make the glitter stand out. Not so with this baby! This is with just two coats! The formula is pretty thick and not runny at all. Another thing that I love about this nail polish is that it also dries really quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by serpentsss

This shit is DISGUSTINGLY tacky and I love it.

It was cheap, went on very smoothly and spread well. 2 coats and it's almost opaque, you could go for 3 if you don't feel like doing a base color, though.

For the whole manicure I used:

1x OPI Matte Nail Envy
1x Sally Hansen InstaGrip Base Coat
2x Nicole by OPI "Do Good...Feel Good"
2x Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Rockstar Pink
2x Sally Hansen InstaDri

Ummm wow that's 8 coats. Oh well, wanna make somethin' of it? I usually do this regime whenever I paint my nails, and it has fantastic staying power. My last manicure with the same # of coats lasted about 9 days with the only wear and tear happening at the tip. (Different base polish and different glitter polish, but same idea)

If it so happens that this stuff starts peeling off in sheets, I will update the review but for now I looooooove it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by duncan123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Glad so many people liked this....I didn't. I do my nails every Sunday...is like a routine for me. I bought this because it drew my eye in CVS...extremely pretty!!! If you like glitter and bling like I do, you will be drawn to this! I did a base coat and then 2 coats of this and they were not thick coats. Within one day, I had chips....like hunks just fell away. So, I retouched them. Same thing. The glitter just fell off. I mean, I work in an office and do normal housework....am not that hard on my nails. So I did them on Sunday and (VERY RARE), removed the polish on Wednesday. In fact, thankfully I didn't have a problem getting it off because I pulled on the edge and the entire sheet came off most of my nails! I repolished on Wednesday with something else...I found this to be a huge waste of money. Pros: very pretty!!! Con's: Does not wear well and touchups are a disaster. Maybe the other colors of Xtreme Wear are better (without glitter!), but this one was a no-go for me. Threw it in the trash after one use.
Update: I had removed the polish from my fingers on Wednesday, but not my toes. When I went to remove it...omg, it took forever!!! I was using pure acetone remover and it was a project to remove!! I should just stay away from glitter polish altogether...most are hard to get off.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by missx6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love. Thick glitter, lasted for 3 weeks on my toes. Soooo sparkly! But, as with most glitter polish, it takes a bit of work to remove it. lol. Still worth it though!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by jadejiang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely fantastic! The colour is incredibly pretty, two layers and it's perfect.

EDIT: As much as I love the look of this, when you have to take it off with nail polish remover, it is SUCH a big pain. Nail polishes with sparkle/glitter in them are super annoying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by cathyz123

such a beautiful unique glitter that goes opaque in 2-3 coats! i love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Faenyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to like this polish, I really did. The colour is gorgeous, and reminds me of a toy car I had as a kid (yes I had toy cars! Boo gender stereotyping!).
But the formula left a LOT to be desired. Maybe I just got an old, crappy bottle? I found it unnecessarily THICK, and gloopy. I couldn't get the tips nice without it globbing up, and I DEFINITELY couldn't get close to my cuticles without messing everything up. Even pure acetone had a hard time fixing things around the edges.
I got fed up the first time I used it, took my polish off & restarted. Still didn't work.
What angers me the most, is the fact that my tips feel scratchy, and look chipped & worn even though I just painted them.
It's not even worth returning for a refund, which I guess is the redeeming thing - It only cost about $4.
Like I said though, the colour is gorgeous, but I want to remove it already.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 7:52:00 AM More reviews by cocofern

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am so glad I accidentally stumbled upon this at Meijer the other day. They had a lot of polish on clearance for $2.50 so I picked up a couple. I debated between getting this one and Strobe Light but this one stood out more.
It's a mixture of magenta and blue glitters and sooo beautiful. After reading a few reviews that said that the formula is thin and needs more than a couple of coats, I decided to apply this polish over another one. I also ended up getting a bright purple, semi-matte polish, so I applied a coat of that and than a coat of Rockstar Pink over it.
The color was very opaque after just those two coats. I've had it on for two days and sadly there are a few small chips. I typically get chips on my index fingernails first, and this time it's the same but they're so small that it doesn't matter.

This polish has definitely inspired me to buy more glitters and hopefully next time I can find Strobe Light to try as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by arosemcneal

I absolutely love this color! I definitely recommend this color to anyone that is looking for something fun & cute! :)