October 23, 2014 | 1409 users online

Deodorants - Dove - Clinical Protection Visibly Smooth

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Abstraction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After I found Dove clinical strength I was hooked! Most deodorants would dry my skin out or make my skin hurt/itch. But Dove products are gentle on my skin & I don't have any issues with this line. It keeps my under arms fresh and it truly is clinical strength. The best thing about Visibly Smooth is that it actually works. It keeps my pits dry, improved the health of my skin & really minimize the appearance of hair. I'm a in Love with Dove & would never think of switching!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2012 3:19:00 AM More reviews by lalaladylauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

While I'm a fan of the Clinical Protection line itself, I don't have a lot of positive things to say about the Visibly Smooth deodorant. Although it claims to minimize the appearance of hair over time, I feel as though my armpits are as prickly as ever in between shaves. The other downside is the scent- awful! Sadly, this deodorant is not cheap, so I refuse to throw it out until it's all used up. I'm never buying this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 10:22:00 AM More reviews by CuddleCore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

So to get to the point ... I love this deodorant because it actually does what is advertises & it smells good! It truly is clinical strength-- keeps me dry all day! I haven't had the issue of wet patches in years since I started using Dove's clinical strength line. I recently switched to visibly smooth because my hairs are really dark. But this really does minimize the look of the hairs. I have very sensitive skin and shaving too often irritates the skin, but this helps me cut back on that. And with that, the other plus is ... I used to have dark patched on my underarms because of too much shaving. But after using this for about 2 months now they've dissipated and my skin is visibly smooth in more ways than one. This deodorant is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Cali22

I like this a lot. I have bought at least 5 of these, which says a lot because I dont think I have ever bought the same deoderant twice. Also it is more expensive than other deoderants but it is the best I have used at keeping sweat and odor away. It feels really nice and creamy going on, and dries right away, which I really like (I hate gel deoderants). I have had zero irritation using this, and in fact it seems to moisturize well. Im not sure about the hair removal thing, but it does make it softer and seems as though it doesnt grow back as fast. I strayed once and bought a different kind but I dont think I will be doing that again. The one thing that is kind of annoying is that sometimes I will open it and a whole bunch of the cream will be pushed out of the holes, even though I never touched it. It doesnt really go back in, so I just have to wipe it off but its kind of a waste. Also, it will sometimes leave like a greasy residue underneath where it sits which is really odd...But I will definitely keep buying.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Hoverton

WORST WORST WORST deodorant EVER!
I am not a smelly person, and i don't sweat all that much.
this was on sale and i had a coupon so i went ahead and bought it.
This stuff is AWFUL!
It literally makes me stink!
so nasty

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Fuzzybear62

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Im actually very surprised about the negative reviews on this product. I really really like it! I was tired of having white residue when i used deodorants even the ones that said little black dress approved still never worked. I had never tried a non bar deodorant before and thought i would check this one out because it also said it helps to easily remove the hair underneath. Which it did! and it also never left white residue that i hate! Im not a sweater but when i go for a workout the clinical protection protected me great. I will say i am not nuts about the smell and it would be great to get a variety but its ok enough that im still using this! I guess its personal preference but i do highly recommend that anyone should try this product! They might like the way it keeps you dry and no residue. This product id say for me is little black dress approved.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Leannne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the worst deodorant I've ever used. Even the packaging sucks. When you turn the little knob thing, deodorant only comes through part of the holes, which is annoying. The scent isn't that great... and it doesn't really mask any body odour at all, or reduce perspiration. I would never buy this again. If I remember correctly, it was pretty expensive too!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2011 10:13:00 AM More reviews by UDMAC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is THE worst antiperspirant ive ever used in my life. imagine everything that could go wrong with an antiperspirant including the packaging. i knew the "visibly smooth" claim was too good to be true,. ive never had more ingrowns and cysts in my life! i would rather go deodorant less than wear this cr*p!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by minicooper93402

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this was on sale, so i thought i'd give it a try. i like using antiperspirants at night so i don't get stains on my clothes. the product kept me dry during the day, so that part of it is fine.

however, i prefer unscented, but there wasn't any on the shelf so i purchased the original clean scent. that's why i won't use this again ... the smell is SO overpowering and fake.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2011 11:38:00 AM More reviews by reallychelseawow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think I'm the odd one out but I really don't like this.
I am not a sweaty person so I don't need the clinical strength protection. I purchased this because I saw it had better reviews about the stubble protection than the none clinical one, and I read that using a clinical strength anti-pers can prevent yellow stains on white shirts.

The more I use this the more the scent grosses me out. I find it strong and fake. It doesn't fade at all either.
I found this did nothing for hair. I didn't have especially coarse hair but this didn't slow regrowth or make it softer, I still have to shave as often as I did.
This was an average antiperspirant. I found some regular strength ones worked better than this.
I gave this a three because it didn't stain my shirts. I wear a lot of white so that is important to me. I have used other antiperspirants that do not stain my shirts (Secret with Olay) but I have to apply that a while before I get dressed which I forget sometimes. This is easier.

This just didn't seem to work for me. It wasn't a waste of money and may work for others but I will not repurchase.