July 23, 2014 | 1173 users online

Shampoo - Aveeno - Nourish + Soothe

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

I have had this shampoo for a while, and was never impressed with the soothing qualities, so it would go in the closet in favor of something else. Well, last week, I had a mole removed on my scalp (I'd had it since I was a kid), and so I thought this would be the perfect shampoo to give another try. First day, I noticed my scalp was alarmingly itchy. Definitely not soothed. By the second day, I saw so many flakes even in my clean wet hair that I panicked--should I get back in the shower and start over? I used some prescription scalp lotion instead, which helped temporarily, but this shampoo is going in the trash so I never make the same mistake again. Horrible product.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by alecksh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Bought this shampoo during the winter because my scalp always gets really dry and itchy during the colder months. At first it was working, but I noticed that the hair on the back of my head was getting quite greasy and I had to comb it out every morning. Once the weather got warmer and my scalp was less dry my hair got even greasier! Stopped using this product because from the back it looked like I hadn't showered in days. Um, no thanks. Saw another reviewer saying this product is loaded with silicone, so it makes more sense to me now. Definitely won't be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is probably one of the best drugstore shampoos in my opinion. I hate when formulas for beauty products and cosmetics are ridiculously complicated and end up being irritating/the cause of reactions, etc. So this formula is simple yet effective and definitely gentle. My hair is thick and soft again, which is great because sometimes it gets thin and wiry, and it falls out. I haven't tried the conditioner or leave-ins yet but the success of using this definitely makes me interested.

2012 UPDATE: Though this worked well for some time, while I on my second bottle, I found that this caused some crazy product build-up...or at least prevented it from getting cleaned out. Since moved onto and love Dove Daily Moisture Shampoo.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by 2010

Got this for $3 with a coupon so the price was great but the good things pretty much ended there for me...

Smell: The smell wasn't too bad. Very pepperminty which is nice.
consistency: When I add water to it (Which I always do since this shampoo is too "thick" for me, the consistency is decent.
Results: Horrible. Dries out my hair but also leaves a lot of gross residue :(

Overall, I really am not impressed with either of the Aveeno shampoos I bought!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by hnhdvs

This is great for soothing itchy scalps! Doesn't over-dry my scalp, and leaves my hair feeling clean and soft. This definitely helped cut down on the itchiness of my scalp.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by canmorg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This shampoo is very average. Smells average, lathers average and leaves average results. I thought because it was made by Aveeno it would offer something great to my winter dry scalp, but it hasn't. Overall, I think paying $9 for regular drug store brand shampoo is too high.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by glamourjenny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The first three months that I used this product, I was in love. But I couldn't help but notice my scalp getting dry and itchy, yet, hair is getting oily. I thought it's because my skin was adapting from California weather to the midwest's. Then, yesterday I used this shampoo to clean my makeup brushes and I woke up this morning with my left hand all peeling (like I've spent hours doing the dishes with my left hand.) I remember that used my right hand to handle the brushes and use the left palm to smear the shampoo and brushes. It makes sense that this shampoo is what has been causing my scalp to flake, itch, and break out. Beware of this product ladies. You don't want to have scratch your head in middle of the night because it itches so much. So disappointed in this product. And I thought I found my HG shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 4:55:00 PM More reviews by lashout88

This shampoo isn't a miracle product, but it is quite nice, and I wish there was a matching conditioner. I've been using the Nourish + Revitalize conditioner with it, and it's a bit too runny for my taste. The combination does make my hair soft and shiny, but I have pretty good hair to begin with.

I bought this in the first place because I had two $2 off coupons, so I figured this would be the perfect time to try out a nicer, more expensive drugstore shampoo and conditioner. At over $6 a bottle, it's not expensive, but I usually go for something cheaper with my college budget. Plus, the bottles aren't exactly large. I would buy the shampoo again, but not the conditioner.

The winter weather has been wreaking havoc on my scalp, and I've been suffering from an itchy, flaky scalp. This shampoo doesn't irritate my scalp, and it actually seems to calm it down a bit. I use it every other day, rotating it with my Garnier dandruff 2-in-1, and my scalp is much happier.

Pros:
*good package design--easy to open and close, and I actually like the thinner bottle, as it's easier to hold in my small hands.
*smells nice, but isn't too powerful for my touchy scalp
*GREAT lather, so a little goes a pretty long way
*doesn't irritate my dry, itchy, and flaky scalp...seems to calm it down
*feels great on my hair

Cons:
*a bit expensive for a drugstore shampoo
*wish there was a matching conditioner

All in all, I would repurchase, at least in the winter months.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2009 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Ema182

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is so amazing! I have super thick, kinda course, naturally curly hair, which I flat iron as much as I can, and this stuff works wonders. I had a good feeling about this as soon as it came out, so I tried it and it made my hair feel so soft and it looks so shiny after I shampoo. Even just when I'm washing it out, I can tell a major difference than so many other shampoos I have tried. I am one to buy a shampoo as soon as it comes out, just to see if I like it better than the one(s) I am currently using, and I will look no further. I have already repurchased and will continue to for a long time! TRY IT!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2009 8:25:00 PM More reviews by darkhairedcogirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, either this or the Nourish + Moisturize conditioner broke my face out like crazy. I've never had a hair care product do that to me before! :( A few days after I stopped using these products, my face stopped breaking out. It took about a week or two for my face to clear up, though. It made me sad, because I spend more on this line that I do on shampoo/conditioners usually. It did help my itchy scalp- it didn't stop it from itching entirely, but it did make it better. Sadness.