August 28, 2014 | 1876 users online

Polishes - Orly - Nail Lacquer in Kiss the Bride

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by hellootomorrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous opaque white cream pink shade. It is very similar to Essie's Fiji. Love this color as a neutral. It is very classy, feminine, and elegant. Application is a bit tricky as it is very streaky (as most polishes this color are.) You will need to take your time and try to do 2 fairly thin coasts. If you pile on a million coats to get perfect opaqueness than your nails will never dry. Trust me! Plus, as the polish dries it becomes more opaque. Also, might want to do a quick dry top coat for sure. Other than application LOVE this color.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by gabbyy3789

I love the color a lot but its so streaky! And it takes way too long to dry. It's not opaque so you need to apply like 4 coats and each takes longer to dry then the previous coat. I'm going to look for the same color but a different brand because I love the color. It's such a shame and I expect orly nail polishes to be pretty good

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by vgirlygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Beautiful *slightly* shimmery opaque pinkish nude. This color is lovely and really brings out your tan. If you like milky pinks that are opaque give this a try. I do have to mention that application is a little tricky. The first coat is definitely streaky, but the second coat applied fine. I learned that if you can apply thin coats it works better than applying thick coats. And if you apply your second coat and it "drags and removes" a little of the first coat, just gently dot at the section that was bare. I learned this works fine to patch any spots that get swiped away with the first coat. Overall really pretty color if you are willing to take the time and care to apply.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by darkhoney

The formula is a bit thick but I adore the color- slightly grayed, barely pink, pale, pale, pale...almost white. I'm loving it for summer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by user24678

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This doesn't look at all like the bottle once applied. It's almost white (I find Essie Fiji has the same issue, and is almost identical in colour to Kiss The Bride). On the nails, you really can't detect any pink. I kind of like the colour for my fingernails if I have the patience to apply a bunch of thin coats (otherwise it's streaky/globby and doesn't cover), but it doesn't apply well at all on my toenails (and also looks unflattering against my skin tone on my feet for some reason, even though it looks okay on my hands), and I usually like my fingers and toes to match, so I have yet to wear this for an extended period and can't say how well it wears. So I'm giving it a low rating, since I haven't had the patience to fuss with it and haven't had much use for it so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Maurie97

Wearing Orly's Kiss the Bride now and I couldn't be happier. Used in conjunction with Orly's Ridge Filler Base coat and Orly's In a Snap top coat, I had a very fast,clean manicure. I am loving this color on my nails and am very pleased with the base and top coats as well. Wanted a nice wearable pink as I just took off a very dark blue and this is just beautiful and very much an "everyday color". Its not a bubble gum pink, just a soft hint of pink. Perfect for a cleaned/groomed pretty nail.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 8:01:00 PM More reviews by spiderleenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only nail polish that I've purchased several times. It is, without a doubt, my HG pedicure polish. I discovered this shade a few years ago when I was looking for a polish to match with the color of a bridesmaid dress I was going to wear. This color matched perfectly. I ended up loving the color so much that I've just stuck with it over the years.

As another reviewer said, this color is a very light pink that almost looks white sometimes. The reason why I love to wear this on my toenails is because it's a very CLEAN color. It makes my toes look clean and pretty. Also, this polish goes with pretty much any other color, so I don't feel like I have to limit myself to certain colors on my fingernails in order to match with my toenails.

If I were to rate the polish based on the color alone, it would easily get a 5 lippie rating, but I have to take 1 lippie off for the overall. This nail polish can become goopy at times, so I think that having a polish thinner can come in handy. Also, this polish seems to take a long time to dry, which can be annoying.

Overall, I am in love with the color, but the performance of the polish needs a little patience to work with. I wish the formula was a bit better, but I love the color so much that I'm willing to overlook it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

I wanted a subtle colour for work - but this looks far too pale on my PPP skin. It's almost like Tippex - in shade and texture! I found that it lasted only one day, too - peeling off in whole nail-sized sheets, despite my wearing a base and topcoat. I've given marks, though, for the user-friendly bottle (with rubberised cap) and for the fact that it applies fairly evenly.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 10:22:00 AM More reviews by angelbemine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my staple pedicure color. It's actually an opaque, no-fuss (no shimmer, pearl, etc.) pale pale pink. It's almost white when seen from afar. It complements my skin color & makes my toes look innocent, clean & polished.