July 30, 2014 | 2034 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Hard as Nails - Gunmetal

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by onlyobsessed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Formula is weirdly runny yet thick and incredibly difficult to apply thinly. Even when I do it comes out super streaky with noticeable brush lines. Never really seems to harden completely. I love the color but it applies so poorly that I just can't wear it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Michawn

Seriously one of my favorite colors, wears really well too! I change my colors often, then sometimes wear nothing for a long time. But this color is a good go to. I work with children, so I'm fairly casual in dress but it goes with work clothes and to church! Try if you've never had this color, you'll love, even if you don't your only out a few bucks, wait for a sale and it will be a dirt cheap FUN experiment!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by bandgeek94

Such a great color! I've had it for the longest time and it hasn't dried up or gotten sticky. It goes on so smoothly.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by gemini12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this color for an edgy pedicure. It's a shimmery medium-dark gray that definitely has blue undertones. It went on well and was completely opaque and gorgeous in two coats. It also lives up to it's "X-treme Wear" name--I've had this on my toes for over a week and it looks like I just polished them an hour ago. This isn't a color that I would wear often (just personal preference, not a reflection of this polish), but if I ever run out, I will definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by LGel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Cool colour, can dress it up or down. If i had to describe it, it's like a dark metallic cadet blue/grey. Goes on easy, pretty much only need one coat. I like it because it's not as harsh as black, but still dark enough for when I want my nails to have a little "edginess" to them.
I doubt I'll ever run out, but if I do, I'll repurchase for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by paulamarie

I love this shade because itís edgy; but as opposed to pure matte
black, the toned-down gunmetal shade and shiny finish softens it up
just enough. I agree that the formula is somewhat thick, so you have to
take care to apply thin coats. Other than that, it really is a pure
dark grey shade; it is not blue-toned, as some reviews have opined.
Like other black-grey spectrum shade, it can appear blue depending on the shade of your skin or when you hold it up to other colors, but it
is in fact colorless. Itís sort of a dupe for Chanelís Black Pearl
polish, for those of us who donít care to blow that much on a polish.
Iím super bummed that this shade is becoming harder to find in stores;
just when I find a shade I really like, they go and replace all the old
shades with new ones!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by emigyaru

I brought this when Rite Aid was having a 50% off sale. I really love silver and gray polishes, so this color was right up my alley. I just finished painting my nails with this color - it really is a nice metallic grey with a blue tint. The polish was a little runny though, but nothing you can't fix. But overall, the polish goes on opaque and really smooth.

I absolutely love Sally Hansen polishes (I just wish they didn't use animal testing.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 11:49:00 PM More reviews by MissJulie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The first thing that attracted me to this polish was the name. So cool. The color is absolutely gorgeous as well. Medium-dark metallic silver-gray-slate blue. Opaque and smooth in two coats. Very chic. Love it.
However, the formula is a but too runny and drippy. I expect better out of Sally Hansen. Also, Sally usually has a flat brush that seems to fit my nails perfectly, but this polish doesn't have that. Sad face.
Overall, though, I love this polish and will repurchase. The name and color are badass, and it dries relatively quickly with a topcoat. I just wish it had that cool brush. :'(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by RachaelSpiffy

This is a metallic grey toned blue. I love this polish. I am not a Sally Hansen collector but, when I find a good polish I'll keep it and this one will stay. It doesn't chip and the color is awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by cideon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A touch of slate blue rather than pure gunmetal color, but still a beautiful shade! I enjoy the consistency, and opaque way it settles with maybe 2 coats (though 3 is probably your best bet for more than 3 days of wear).