Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

2.8

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

on 8/7/2015 5:43:00 PM

Hope in a jar may not smell to good but I like how it moisterizes my skin. Its not that refreshing as others but it does moisterise.

on 7/6/2015 9:49:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

the smell is not unbearable at all. the first time i used it, i found the smell rather unpleasant. but after that, it doesnt bother me anymore. it is a moisturing cream that has exfoliatiing properties. i dont use it during the day. During night, i use it and my skin texture looks better. the consistency is great and has a liquid feel. Be careful not to apply too near your eyes because it stings.i feel that it did what it says. however i wont repurchase it because i would prefer to have a moisturizer and exfoliator separately used.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got this as a deluxe sample in a free intro kit. Smells like plastic, and doesn't do a good job of moisturising. Balls up and develops a texture similar to its plasticky smell when it dries up in the jar. If this is what hope is supposed to be like, I'll stick to my cynicism and negativity, thanks.

on 6/3/2015 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I have got a sensitive skin and according to the sales lady this cream was suitable for the sensitive skin.
I'm glad that I asked for a sample because it doesn't work at all for my skin.
The smell is lovely, the texture is nice, it sinks nice into my skin.
But after two days using the product my skin started itching like crazy and I developed big red spots. Really great if you have to be representative for your job.
So no hope in a jar for me.

I had such high hopes for this product. I decided to get a sample of this product before buying and I am so glad that I did. First of all, this moisturizer stinks to high heaven. It's been on my face for over an hour and the smell is just as foul as when first applied. I like a nice unscented/fragrence free moisturizer - who wants a smelly face? It has not soaked into my skin at all leaving it feeling greasy and sticky. The redness in my face seems to be worse that it has ever been (my entire right cheek is tomato red when normally I just have a small red spot) and it has left my face feeling very itchy. I would not recommend this to anyone.

This is the perfect example of what I would call a marketing gimmick. I only had to glance at the formula(ingredient list) and see how void it is of actual skin changing ingredients.

Water, Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Clyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Betaglucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

The only beneficial ingredients are Tocepherol Acetate(Vit.E), Retinly Palimate(I doubt it's at a generous percentage), Panthenol, Beta Glucan and finally lavender Oil for fragrance.

It's ironic that this is called 'Hope in Jar' as it is just that and represents how a company, no matter how well intentioned, can actually be allowed to product something of such extraordinary banal properties and be allowed to sell it at a premium price with the marketing claims it advertises.

A real shameful, banal product. The smell is horrific and smells of too much emulsifier.

To the people who believe they are seeing some sort of visible difference, either you have good skin anyway and just don't know it(we are our own worst critic) or your completely delusional. There is nothing about this jar of cream that can restore skin to a healthy barrier, even out skin tone or stimulate collagen fibroblasts. These are the things that matter. And no SPF!!!!

on 5/9/2015 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Had a large sample from Sephora. I could've used it for several nights. The sample was included in my last order. I'm VIB Rouge so I order often. As soon as I applied this, I had to wash it off. The smell was awful. Not perfumey or chemical like, just bad. I couldn't wash it off fast enough. Maybe it was the sample but will not buy after that experience.

on 5/7/2015 10:57:00 PM

SUPER LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!

Pro
1 light weight
2 fast and easy to absorb
3 LOVE THE SCENT

Con
Priceyyyyy

on 5/3/2015 8:43:00 PM

I received a deluxe sample of this moisturizer and I ended up throwing it out! Though, not before using it for nearly two months. I wish that I had the courage to throw it out sooner! I have normal/combo skin with an oily t-zone. I would put it on twice a day (morning and evening) after my serum. It smelled funny but absorbs fast. Perhaps a little too fast, as my skin still felt dry and tight. And since my skin was still dry, I would apply a little bit more, bit mistake! My skin felt sticky and gross. But if I didn't, then my skin would get really oily trying to rehydrate my skin. I cannot recommend this moisturizer and I'm glad that I got it for free!

on 5/1/2015 2:28:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

The smell, oh the smell... What is that?! It smells like some clinical melted plastic that lingers for hours. I'm not sure if others around me can smell it but I can smell my face the whole morning and it's a little... Overwhelming. The texture is of a smooth glidy slippery substance when you scoop it out of the jar, and when spreading it on the face, it turns into a balmy? sort of thing that takes a while to absorb. Overall I don't know how it works as I'm trying my best to use it up but I always stray to other moisturisers. It has been many months and I think it's time to toss this jar in the bin. Like it's name, it's hope in a jar. Hope, is an expectation, and this one disappoints.

Popular Moisturizers