J. R. Watkins Pure Lavender Body Oil

4.8

I bought this body oil because I was looking for a dupe for Aveda's beautifying oil, which also has a nice lavender scent and no residue. I am very pleased with this purchase. I apply this to my legs while I'm shaving and it really makes all the difference. I gave the packaging a 3/5 because it does come out of the bottle quite quickly, but the price is so cheap that I don't really mind. Now I don't have to spend as much money on beautifying oil. I would definitely repurchase.

on 11/23/2013 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is a pretty good body oil. I have it in the mist version, which is nice because it's easier to apply. I enjoy its Victorian-looking label and I love the gentle lavender smell. It keeps my skin feeling soft, especially in the drier months. My one complaint is that it is easy to apply to much, which can make my skin a bit greasy. Other than that, though, it's a great product for a great price.

on 9/2/2009 8:28:00 PM

100% natural. This body oil is very theraputic if you are into Lavender. I use it as a massage oil, especially in the bath and it is sooo relaxing. This oil is more like a dry oil than an oily oil.. when I put it on my skin it just soaks it right up.

on 3/8/2009 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I do not know why they call this oil because it really is not oily. It contains Lavender oil, grape seed oil, apricot oil, macadamia nut oil, avocado oil, safflower oil, aloe leaf oil, and vitamin E. The lavender is most noted in the fragrance, but it fades rather quickly. This body oil melts into my skin and does not leave an oily feel at all, just very, very soft and creamy. The ingredients in this oil have been found to aide many problems. Wrinkles being one. ;-) Some use lavender for skin problems, burns, scarring, break outs, etc. Massage people say it aides as an antidepressant. It can be used as an antiseptic as well, and helps muscle & joint pain. So you see a good bottle of this kind of oil has many purposes and should be in every one's collection of great things to have available.