December 19, 2014 | 1234 users online

Makeup Brushes - Coastal Scents - Foundation Concealer Brush Large

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2010 1:55:00 PM More reviews by rapunzelfalls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a so-so brush for foundation purposes. It applies foundation pretty streaky. Especially if you're applying anything thicker than tinted moisturizer.

However, I think it makes a great brush for other purposes. The bristles are very soft and fluffy, but not very dense. And although it does waste a lot of product (the product tends to stick to the bristles until you cleanse it) its great for applying mud masks so you don't have to get your hands dirty.

For that purpose I would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by ahmayziin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

EDIT:
When I first got this brush, I truly liked it. This brush is good for temporary purposes. I've had it for a little over a month now and now hate it. It was great it the beginning but after more washes (I wash my brushes gently with baby soap and condition them every three-four weeks with an all natural sulfate free condition -Kenra) it went all wrong. The bristles failed to retain their shape even with a brush guard and now cause my foundation to look streaky. I also agree with Cosmeticjunkie87's review below -it does waste product.

Its not the worst I've tried but it's definitely up there since it continues to only get worse. I would only suggest this brush to someone who is on a budget and needs one just for a bit until payday or whatever. I'm sure you could find similar brushes at target or CVS for about the same price.

I'm being to hate Coastal Scents as a company. I'm not sure if they save their "good" products for reviewers or pay them to lie? Because every product I've bought from them as been a epic fail despite all of the raving reviews on YouTube..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 10:37:00 AM More reviews by vmelkic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love this brush. This is my 1st foundation brush and I was really surprised how easy it is to apply liquid foundation with it and how easily I get that 'photoshop look'. :)

Bristles are really soft and after multiple washing the same as they were in the beginning. Sometimes Also, at first I thought it's a bit too long handle but with time I got used to it.

Anyway, really nice brush and not expensive at all. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2009 8:03:00 PM More reviews by luvmejoice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am completely rewriting this review. First I loved it, then I hated it. I've finally made up my mind. This brush is something in between. It's a pretty good brush when you're just learning how to use brushes to apply your makeup. I have now learned that the foundation you use is a huge factor when blending. I've switched to a more liquid foundation that blends like a breeze.
It is indeed a bit streaky but I just swirl it around to get rid of the lines. I've washed it many times and it's still in perfect shape.
Would I repurchase? Probably not. I think I'm going to try something from Sephora or MAC when this breaks, if it breaks.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2009 5:11:00 PM More reviews by fuchsiascarf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The bristles are very soft to the touch, however, I find that the bristles are a bit longer than I would like them to be. You really need to take your time and slowly build up to the coverage you'd like from your foundation. That being said, the bristles retain their shape nicely after being washed and didn't shed at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2009 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Cosmeticjunkie87

This brush left my foundation streaky and i felt like it was wasted........... Will not be re-purchasing.