April 20, 2014 | 1677 users online

Makeup Brushes - Coastal Scents - Chisel Detail Mini Brush

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2010 8:38:00 PM More reviews by NoniJade86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

love this brush this is one of my brushes i use alot
it is perfect for doing the outer v, crease, inner corner, lower lash
it is so very versatile and would highly recommend it for people who wanna improve in their eyeshadow application
brush picks up colour excellently and is very soft
price is good
online buying sucks though thats the only downfall

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by doriseses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very SMALL brush; mini means mini!! It's about 4 inches total in length and the hairs are a little longer than 1/8 inches. I was expecting a small shadow brush but boy was I shocked. At first I was very skeptical about this brush but it's pretty useful for getting little details in. The hairs are soft and no fallout.

The reason I gave it a 3 was because I don't really have a use for it...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 9:31:00 PM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This yet another wonderful Crown Brush that is sold by Coastal Scents.

This is a wonderful brush and so very convenient because this brush has a small head and can get into those “tight” places on your face. This brush is soft, has never shed a hair after several washings and is dense enough to pick and apply both loose and pressed eyeshadows effortlessly. I primarily use this brush to apply eyeshadows to the inner corner and under my eyes and to smudge eyeliner for a smoky look. I have also used this brush to apply contour colors and to cut the crease, and it works well at this task, but it takes a lot longer because the brush is so small.

After using this brush for a couple of months, I can honestly say that am very happy with my purchase. I am positively ecstatic to include this brush in my ever growing MU brush collection and I am sure if you tried this brush, it would become a welcomed addition to your MU brush collection as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Dreamcrusher86

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

My FAVORITE brush! It's so tiny and cute! I just love it! When I first saw it I knew it had to be mine.This is the brush everyone needs if they like to apply highlighting colors to the inner colors and on the tear duct.It's nice and stiff and picks up any color well,so you have complete control of wear you want the color to go.Like the rest of the brushes I have used from CS it stands up well and washes clean without shedding.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2009 12:54:00 PM More reviews by bubbleheart

For $2 Im quite happy with this little brush. I bought it because I'd heard a few reviews on it and its definitely not a brush you see very often in stores etc, yet its so perfect for detail work on your eyes (I imagine it would probably be good for a really detailed blemish concealer brush too). Its teeny tiny small, but nothing else gets color so precise on my inner corners or along my lashlines. I probably wouldnt buy this ever from a high end brand - theres just not enough of a need for it to warrant spending $20 on something like this but for $2 this is a steal and wonderful to have. I highly recommend this brush - even though I havent had great luck with many of Coastal Scents brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by renkea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I got this brush in my mailbox, I couldn't believe. It's really tiny, and gave me a feeling of weirdeness and cuteness at the same time. I was in love.

It's a good brush for applying shadow in a very specific spot, but I only use it as an "eyeliner" brush when I decide to apply my colorful pigments close to my eyelashes.

For this price, why not? And believe me, it's GOOD!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by VVV

It's like Coastal Scents took a regular shader brush and put it into a magical shrinking machine to make the diminutive Chisel Detail Mini Brush. This tiny brush's bristles have the same flat shape and rounded, tapered edge that a regular shader brush has - except this brush is extremely tiny. While this brush may be teensy tiny, they didn't skimp on materials. The little handle is made of wood and fitted with a shiny metal ferrule. The handle is shorter than other brushes though, but it is because the handle itself is so narrow - if it were any longer it would most likely snap.

The Chisel Detail Mini Brush's most practical use is applying a highlight to the inner corner. It also works well at applying eye shadow to set freshly applied eyeliner along the waterline. While this tiny brush is handy to have around for detail work it's not particularly necessary. An eyeliner brush does every job that this brush could do and then some. The Chisel Detail Mini Brush is only $1.99 though so if you'd like to have a brush just for highlighting the inner corner or setting eyeliner along the waterline I'd recommend checking this brush out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2009 2:13:00 AM More reviews by ruqayya33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

OMG! This is a very tiny brush. I love this for some serious detail work. The head is very dense yet the bristles are still soft on skin. No problems with bleeding or shedding. Won't break the bank, at $1.99. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by luvmejoice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

When they say mini they are not joking! I read the reviews before buying and was still shocked to see how tiny it is! I'd say its bristles have the length of a liner brush. And they are 0.5cm wide at most.
But I really like it, it's a lot more useful than you'd expect. It's great for highlighting your inner corners. And today I used it to "draw" the shape I wanted in my outer corner. I think this would be a great brush for a rainbow look, even tough it's so tiny the most you can do is dot your way into the look haha
I am definately going to buy this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2009 5:19:00 AM More reviews by princesspeachx

i LOVE this brush. its TINY. i cant even compare it to anything, its that small. ive heard some people have gotten crappy ones, but i got a good one. even though its tiny, all the hairs are perfectly tapered just like a good eyeshadow brush is- the only difference is that its like, 1/50th of the size haha. i use it in the inner corner, the lower lashline, and for precision detailing, like when i want just a slight hint of a color next to a main color, or something. i love this brush and all the CS brushes ive gotten so far!