Coastal Scents Italian Badger Deluxe Fan Brush

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Honestly, I purchased this brush because I was being too cheap to dish out the money for the Jumbo Italian Badger Fan Brush lol. It's not horrible, but I don't feel this brush is full enough to work effectively as a highlighter brush. I plan on using it to wipe away the fall out from my eyeshadow. The next time I order any CS brushes, I'm just going to bite the bullet and purchase the jumbo one, since that's the one I wanted most anyway. I didn't experience any shedding with it though, so that's a plus. Decent brush, but I won't be purchasing again.

on 3/28/2010 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is great for blush that is very pigmented, picks up the right amount of blush. But i guess any fan brush would do the same thing. This brush in particular is nothing special, it smells awful, it is not dense as it looks like in the picture. I would not repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Brush looks unique but I was disappointed. It's not dense, kinda scratchy, didn't work for bronzing and contouring, only use it to sweep fallout. Washed it 3 times and it's starting to lose it's shape. Might try to use it for pigmented blush and highlighter.

on 12/15/2009 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

this brush is not dense as it looks on the picture while purchasing.
it's really soft, doesn't have straight edge to work as a real fan brush. the edge is warping when touches the face.
didn't like it at all, just doesn't work for face shading/contouring. one period I used it just to dust off powder underneath my eyes.
finally, sold it :)
there are much better brushes on the market than this one.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

It's a good fan brush for the price. Pretty cheap on the website. I like using this with my MAC mineralized duos. Since those are super pigmented this helps me prevent from adding too much on. I also use this to sweep off fall-out when doing my eye makeup.

on 9/4/2009 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a decent fan brush. I just wished the bristles were synthetic, instead of animal hair.

After the first washing, some of the hairs started to curl a bit. The brush also smelled a bit of "wet dog" and the hair seemed a bit dry and rough, so applied a bit of my (silicone and protein-free) hair conditioner. After the conditioning rinse (letting it sit for 5 minutes) and a second washing with a gentle baby shampoo, I got rid of the dryness and smell. I then, dried the brush with a large (kabuki sized) Brush Guard on. That helped with the shape and curling. Otherwise, I had no issues.

It's a good-enough brush for applying a light layer of hilighter, or to wipe away fallout. I't will work in the meantime, but I'm going to keep my eyes open for a s synthetic fan brush.

on 8/15/2009 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I bought this & the doe foot e/s brush just to test the water.
I am not disappointed, it does not come with a weird smell, and if it does, no big deal, smelly or not, the first thing is to give it a good shampoo like all other brushes.
I like to use heavy pigmented blush but with the tiniest amount + lightest touch. This brush does the job, much better than my Mac #184 (duo-fiber fan brush). For the small amount I paid, its truly a good deal, I shall try out some of their other brushes.
Which leads me to think, what kind of mark up those other fanshy-smanshy cosmetic firm are charging us suckers !!!

on 8/1/2009 7:45:00 PM

Let me start by saying I only bought this because it looks awesome. I made a huge order with CS, mostly brushes because I was just starting to use them to do my makeup. This was cheap so I squeezed it in.
I really haven't used it at all since I got it 6 months ago because I don't get any fallout when doing my makeup. The few flakes of eyeshadow that may fall on my nose I remove using my fingers.
At first I thought it's a coarse, cheaply made brush. It's also pretty flimsy, probably one of the reasons I can't find a use for it. I tried using it for a very pigmented very glittery mineral blush and all it managed to pick up was glitter.
I recommend giving this a good wash when you receive it (I didn't because I'm lazy and didn't use it anyway). After washing it the brush became very soft. I also solved the problem with the fraying bristles by improvising a brush guard for it. It's basically just a roll of paper secured with tape that I slide over the brush. After about an hour I removed the roll and, to my surprise, found it looking perfect, exactly like it did on the website!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is pretty cheap on the CS site for $3.49. The brush itself isn't the cutest, but I can live with that. It did have a bit of a smell when I received it, but it wasn't as bad as I've heard about. The bristles are kind of soft, but also kind of coarse at the same time. It gets softer after it is washed. It sheds a little bit when washed, and some of the hairs point in random directions and I feel as if it's really delicate. It is great for removing fallout, applying finishing powder, and a really sheer sweep of blush/bronzer.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

First, please note that all the brushes offered by Coastal Scents are indeed Crown Brushes.

Secondly, this is my first fan brush purchase and I am happy to report that I love this brush (so I am reserving one lippie because I am novice fan brush user). After six months of constant use and weekly washing, this brush is as soft now as when I first received it. It does an excellent job of wiping away eye shadow fall out without "pressing" the e/s into my skin. Also, I use my fan brush for blush and/or powder on the days I have no time do a full face of MU and all I want is swipe of color.

It is my understanding that there will be some fraying in all fan brushes, and my brush has frayed a bit over time, but the fraying has not lessen the quality of the brush one iota. IMO I believe all MU lovers should have at least one fan brush in their collection and this fan brush is good option.

Top Rated Coastal Scents Products