April 19, 2014 | 1052 users online

Treatments - Deborah Lippmann - The Stripper

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by rugby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A product I hate to love. (Because of the price). This product comes in a convenient pump bottle that locks in place. It is so effective, as long as it's locked with the cap closed your good. Believe me this is so important because I purchased sephora's pump bottle for their polish remover and it did not protect the product. The product itself is very effective and has a very tolerable/pleasant smell. I put the scent in this category because everyone is different, however I enjoy the fact it is not overpowering. The only draw back is the price. I bought a 2 pack at the nordstroms ani sale for $25. I love this product, if budget permitted I would repurchase. The stripper to go is another product I love from Lippman and is a must for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this! Works well and doesn't make me feel like I lost a bunch of brain cells whenever I breathe in. It's usually a battle to get rid of glitter polish and this actually takes some of the awful out of the process; just a little patience and a few extra swipes removes everything. Every other type of polish comes off really easily without having to soak the cotton pad over my nail or rub a ridiculous amount of times. My nails don't look dried out or stripped or oddly colored when using this either. The bottle is convenient too with the pump dispenser so I don't have to worry about tipping the bottle upside down and having it leak or flood the cotton pad. It dispenses the right amount of product with one pump. I only recently discovered this and it's a must repurchase for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by calshopper

Love this remover because it doesn't have the noxious smell of most removers. Takes polish off easily and does not dry out my nails. Pump dispenser works well and differentiates from most other brands. It is pricy, but worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by inthealley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have absolutely no idea how anyone could give this anything more than a one. It's nothing but complete, overpriced crap... a total disappointment. I used nearly a third of the bottle to remove one coat of polish, then had to go back over with my usual remover to clean up what this missed. And while the dispenser is, in theory, a great idea, it fails in practice. The bottle leaked during shipment, even though it was shrink wrapped. Several times it sprayed from underneath the cotton ball while dispensing, and even flipping the lid closed caused it to squirt and drip. I bought remover at the dollar store that works better, plus I got twice as much. Do NOT waste your money. This product has no redeeming qualities.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So glad the SA at Nordstrom recommended this. I have always had a heck of a time getting the glitter off and this does it quickly and without a horrid smell. I pump per hand, hold for 5 seconds of the nail, wipe a couple of times (more for the glitter type) and voila, clean nails, not dried out and no smell. Love the pump, love the performance. My new HG of removers. Worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

this is my go to nail polish remover ever! doesnt dry out my nail, lovely lavender scent, and it takes off glitter nail polish easily...worth the investment!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favorite.

The cap insures no waste, the remover takes off everything quick, quick, quick. I've done a compare with drugstore removers, and "The Stripper" definitely gets the job done with less product, much more quickly.

A previous reviewer wrote that this did not get her glitter polish off completely: I've been using this with several microglitter polishes (including Lippmann's "Believe"), and it's entirely easy and straightforward, and much easier than the drugstore brands (Cutex, CVS, etc.). I don't use polishes with large glitter, but "Fade To Black," "Pump Up The Jam," and near black polishes, as well as formulas heavily infused with microglitter come off very easily, and without having the acetone knock your socks off.

Love the pump and the lock; easy to use, little waste (just use a pump for one hand, a pump for the other), and cleans everything up in record time.

GREAT workhorse for those with a polish fetish, and, in my opinion, it pays for itself as you use much less product. Highest recommendations.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by oingoboingoqueen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really awesome nail polish remover. The lavender scent really makes this tolerable to use. I really think the pump on this product makes it easy to use and avoid spills. It really removes nail polish from the nails without drying them out like the other removers do.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 1:41:00 AM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it's nice but definitely not the best i've tried. this doesn't live up to the name - "the stripper"??? not really. it doesn't really take off the polish as easy as you'd think it would and this does not remove glitter polish!! i usually use maybe 4 pumps to remove one finger of the glitter nail polish...i went through this bottle so quick - it was kind of a waste, i feel. the only thing i like about this remover is that it doesn't feel harsh on my nails as a typical acetone nail polish remover. i wouldn't purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2009 5:24:00 AM More reviews by dnemoy85

I have to say when it comes to beauty skincare and makeup I definitely don't mind dishing out $$ for quality but when I was just recently at Neiman's I saw this twist top nail polish remover and the Lippmann polish line which I oddly enough had never heard of. Spending $16 for a name brand nail polish remover soudned silly to me but I had a store credit I needed to use so I got it. I have to the fact that the remover is actually gentle and has good ingredients was a plus to start since even which the cheap remover I buy at drugstores I go for the natural ones. However the twist top bottle of this remover is really one of a kind. Everytime I had bought push top nail removers at drugstores thinking they would be great to keep and just refill with remover over the years. Sadly they always broke or jammed to whatever and I always ended up throwin them out. THe push down top idea for remover is a great idea and mess free but everyone sold ont eh market is crap and ends up breaking before I ever get through the remover.
This Lippmann one however is amazing and on top of it has the twist lock and cap. Honestly it is the best travel product I can think of and I will definitely be using it to hold all my removers from now on.

Bottom line great quality product but consiering the remover itself is nothing special jsut a great natural nice smelling remover which I can buy equivalent at the drugstore for $5. I would buy this product for the bottle alone!