Deborah Lippmann The Stripper

4.2

Acetone, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Lavender Essential Oil, D&C External Violet 2

on 6/3/2015 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Let's get this out of the way first: Yes, the price is indeed very high, at $19 before tax for the 4oz bottle it is about 4 times that of basic drugstore remover, therefore one lippie off due to cost.
That said, this is a really great product:
- Effective and fast at removing nail polish
- No noticeable drying effect on nails
- Smell is much less pungent than other acetone-based removers
- Packaging is pure genius - a top pump which dispenses just the right amount of product.
So yes, I will buy this again for the convenience factor. I mostly use nail polish on my toes so I'm not a heavy user of nail polish or remover. That said, this bottle should last me a very long time, which makes the decision to purchase again - which I intend to do - quite a bit easier.

The skinny: This nail polish remover smells great (for a bottle of chemicals, anyway) and the packaging is genius, but honestly, it isn't worth the money.

I would just leave it at that, but as I tend to be verbose I feel the need to elaborate. This nail polish remover comes with a clever name and a bottle that is even more so--the top is a pump that dispenses just enough liquid so that you and the cotton ball don't wind up soaked. For klutzes like me, this is a revelation. Why don't all nail polish removers have this?!?! Oh, yeah...probably because they'd be as expensive as this one. It even smells light and has none of the harsh, er, aroma that comes with the territory of most removers, meaning that if you're prone to headaches you might want to check this one out. But now for the downside--and it's pretty significant. The thing is, this product doesn't really work any better than any other cheapie one I've tried. It does work, just not sufficiently better to justify the high price. Almost $20 for nail polish remover is just a little too much (for me, anyway), especially if you do your nails often and need to take off the old to make way for the new. I ordered a bottle of The Stripper on sale a little over a month ago, and now it's almost gone. Sure, I do my nails every 4-5 days but remember how I said it worked the same as other less expensive products? You have to use the same amount as the cheap stuff, so you go through it just as fast. Bummer. Basically, the only people I'd recommend this to are the ones with money to burn or who simply cannot stomach the strong smell of polish remover...otherwise, I'd advise you to skip this one--awesome packaging and all--and just save your dough for a new polish (or two).

on 10/9/2013 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

A product I hate to love. (Because of the price). This product comes in a convenient pump bottle that locks in place. It is so effective, as long as it's locked with the cap closed your good. Believe me this is so important because I purchased sephora's pump bottle for their polish remover and it did not protect the product. The product itself is very effective and has a very tolerable/pleasant smell. I put the scent in this category because everyone is different, however I enjoy the fact it is not overpowering. The only draw back is the price. I bought a 2 pack at the nordstroms ani sale for $25. I love this product, if budget permitted I would repurchase. The stripper to go is another product I love from Lippman and is a must for me.

on 8/21/2012 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this! Works well and doesn't make me feel like I lost a bunch of brain cells whenever I breathe in. It's usually a battle to get rid of glitter polish and this actually takes some of the awful out of the process; just a little patience and a few extra swipes removes everything. Every other type of polish comes off really easily without having to soak the cotton pad over my nail or rub a ridiculous amount of times. My nails don't look dried out or stripped or oddly colored when using this either. The bottle is convenient too with the pump dispenser so I don't have to worry about tipping the bottle upside down and having it leak or flood the cotton pad. It dispenses the right amount of product with one pump. I only recently discovered this and it's a must repurchase for me.

on 7/28/2012 11:03:00 PM

Love this remover because it doesn't have the noxious smell of most removers. Takes polish off easily and does not dry out my nails. Pump dispenser works well and differentiates from most other brands. It is pricy, but worth it.

on 5/26/2012 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have absolutely no idea how anyone could give this anything more than a one. It's nothing but complete, overpriced crap... a total disappointment. I used nearly a third of the bottle to remove one coat of polish, then had to go back over with my usual remover to clean up what this missed. And while the dispenser is, in theory, a great idea, it fails in practice. The bottle leaked during shipment, even though it was shrink wrapped. Several times it sprayed from underneath the cotton ball while dispensing, and even flipping the lid closed caused it to squirt and drip. I bought remover at the dollar store that works better, plus I got twice as much. Do NOT waste your money. This product has no redeeming qualities.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

So glad the SA at Nordstrom recommended this. I have always had a heck of a time getting the glitter off and this does it quickly and without a horrid smell. I pump per hand, hold for 5 seconds of the nail, wipe a couple of times (more for the glitter type) and voila, clean nails, not dried out and no smell. Love the pump, love the performance. My new HG of removers. Worth the money.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

this is my go to nail polish remover ever! doesnt dry out my nail, lovely lavender scent, and it takes off glitter nail polish easily...worth the investment!

on 9/24/2011 5:50:00 PM

My favorite.

The cap insures no waste, the remover takes off everything quick, quick, quick. I've done a compare with drugstore removers, and "The Stripper" definitely gets the job done with less product, much more quickly.

A previous reviewer wrote that this did not get her glitter polish off completely: I've been using this with several microglitter polishes (including Lippmann's "Believe"), and it's entirely easy and straightforward, and much easier than the drugstore brands (Cutex, CVS, etc.). I don't use polishes with large glitter, but "Fade To Black," "Pump Up The Jam," and near black polishes, as well as formulas heavily infused with microglitter come off very easily, and without having the acetone knock your socks off.

Love the pump and the lock; easy to use, little waste (just use a pump for one hand, a pump for the other), and cleans everything up in record time.

GREAT workhorse for those with a polish fetish, and, in my opinion, it pays for itself as you use much less product. Highest recommendations.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a really awesome nail polish remover. The lavender scent really makes this tolerable to use. I really think the pump on this product makes it easy to use and avoid spills. It really removes nail polish from the nails without drying them out like the other removers do.

Popular Treatments