Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover

4.1

Water, Potassium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate (Licorice Root)

Wish I could post the before and after picture with this product. Truly impressed. My cuticles have never looked better! Left it on longer than a minute because I couldn't clean them up that quick but nothing happened. No sensitivity. Got rid of those horrible dry cuticles and hang nails. Now my nail HG.

This stuff is holy grail for me. Really amazing stuff. I do personally leave it on slightly longer than the bottle says, maybe 30-45 seconds longer. It softens them so nicely to where I can easily push them back and then clip the excess if I need to. Makes my nail bed look super clean and tidy. Highly recommend this stuff!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Love this! I only recently got my first ever gel manicure and my cuticles looked SO amazing, so I wanted to start being more diligent about cleaning them up. I bought this for around $6 at Ulta and have been loving it! It works incredibly quickly and I just gently push back the dead cuticle skin with a metal cuticle pusher. I was also scared of the instructions (max. 1 minute on your nails) but everything worked out fine. Would recommend!

The best cuticle remover!! Works great

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This stuff works great! It only removes the dry hardened thin skin bits that are stuck on your nail and impossible to remove otherwise. I was worried this would dissolve my live cuticles but that thankfully did not happen. I would definitely repurchase.

I had read some good reviews on this remover and had to initially resort to buying it online as no stores anywhere around me seemed to stock it. That being said I really liked it.

The gel is so easy to control the placement of due to the shape of the nozzle and pretty much stays where you put it.

I tend to leave it on for a minute and for me that works well. No reactions or any bad results and it makes/helps the cuticles on my fingers and toes look nice and neat.

Pity its not stock as a regular product option (at least nowhere that I've found) as it works well for me and I am now a fan.

If you can find it anywhere locally and the price is good I'd say its worth a try. Like any product it may work for some better than others.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

this stuff is pretty cool! actually when I first started using it I only saw results on a few fingers and thought that maybe due to the fact that I have irregularly-shaped nail beds, this stuff wouldn't be as effective on some of my cuticles. happy to report I was wrong! after consistent use (once a week until cuticles become consistently clean, then maintained once a month/every 6 weeks thereafter) this stuff really made my nails look much nicer. over time this coupled with regular moisturizing will result in nails free of excess cuticle, and it even eliminates the bits that cling to your nail after you push them back.

I will say that it doesn't work in nearly as little time as it says it does - maybe after you've gotten a routine going and your cuticles are already pretty well-behaved, but even mine weren't terrible when I started using this and I still needed to leave it on for a good ~30 seconds to see any real results (for the record, I applied to dry cuticles - may work more quickly on wet ones). overall tho I'm a big fan, I'm so happy my cuticles are so low-maintenance now. docked one lippie for the false advertising - as I said, this stuff does little to nothing when left on for the recommended amount of time. I suggest you try it for yourself and see how long you need~

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It does a good job of softening the cuticles and getting them ready for trimming. I would not use this product by itself as a cuticle remover--which is how it's packaged. I've left it for a long period of time and it doesn't remove the cuticle but rather softens it. The softens allows for the cuticle to be easily pushed back creating a much nicer nail.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product does soften cuticles for easy pushing or removal but it doesn't necessarily perform better than cheaper liquid cuticle removers. It also dries too quickly if you leave it on for more than 30 seconds so you would have to reapply. You can apply it one nail at a time but that's just too high maintenance. For the price I was expecting a miracle product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I have a little bottle of this, its the only chemical cuticle remover I have experience with, so, others with more experience might be a better gauge for quality.

Doesnt smell bad, doesnt hurt or anything, but, I didnt really feel like it actually did anything that I couldnt accomplish with something else.

It went on and felt fine, even when I mistakingly left it on longer that required, but, I dont think it made any difference at all on the procedure. If anything, it left my nail-beds a bit dry, more so than usual (which, admittedly, is pretty typical, I do my nails between 2-4 days a week).

I might try another cuticle remover at some point, but, this didnt really do it for me.

Popular Treatments