November 22, 2014 | 950 users online

Shampoo - Wen by Chaz Dean - Cleansing Conditioners - All

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by aenflex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When changing your primary cleansing method, whether it be skin or hair, there is an adjustment period. I feel that if you're going to bother to spend the money or make a commitment to try something new, you should give it a while before making up your mind. Trying something like this once or twice and giving it a bad review or just giving up is a waste. These things take time.

Personally I feel the price of Wen makes it a rip off, especially when there are numerous mass-market brands of conditioner that work very well for the conditioner only cleansing method (CO). Some of the best are also some of the cheapest, like Suave and White Rain. Check out The Long Hair Community for some excellent tips on CO method/products.

TIPS: You need to use a lot of conditioner, much more than you would normally use. Ignore the recommendations on the bottle. Use enough so that you almost have a lather. Give your scalp a little massage too. Your hair should be literally coated.
You need to leave it on for longer. 10 minutes at the least, or you entire shower if you can.
You need to rinse well, and perhaps follow up with a nice AVC/water rinse afterward.
Find a cheapie mass market conditioner that works for you. Wen isn't any better, trust me.
I've been basically doing CO for 3 years, but I do break down and wash my hair about 4 times per month. I doesn't work for everyone, but don't give up too soon. If it does end up working for you, your hair will be amazing.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Nstupak

This product was a huge disappointment. It is so expensive! First time I used it, I liked it. After that I noticed a film was developing on my hair. It made it weigh down and look flat and dirty. I was alternating with regular shampoo then realized it just wasn't working for me. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone and I will not buy it again

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2014 2:03:00 AM More reviews by hairhouse353

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First time...tried twice can't stand it! I got fig thinking it would be similar to bb - nope! Smells weird w/ mint! I think they all have mint no matter what! Tried 2 days - that's enough! Made hair greasy and dry if that's possible! It feels like I have washed my hair in weeks! Idk why I keep seeing organic and natural about this product! The ingredients are chemicals, chemical waxes and some extracts - dimethecone is a chemical silicone derivitive - what does organic mean anyway? There's no pesticides in it? Well that's good! I guess? I'm pretty sure a law suit is coming people are loosing hair from this stuff! Read reviews after I bought it- going back to qvc tg!! No guthy renker involved

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by frankie22

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Heed the warnings! I used WEN for one week, and it almost ruined my hair, it completely trashed my color. I have dark brown colored hair with caramel highlights, one week of WEN stripped a lot of my base color and turned my highlights a green-grey color. My hair was dull and dry.I followed the directions to a T, and used all of the styling aids that came with my introductory package. I spent $200 in the salon yesterday fixing my color...and buying my HG shampoo and conditioner Kerastase (worth every penny- I will never stray again!) I have never used a really bad hair product, even from the drugstore, until now. WEN is the WORST.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by melly7

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried a few different types of Wen's Cleansing Conditioners and really didn't like them at all. I just couldn't wait to wash my hair with regular shampoo after using them, especially if I used them 2 or more times in a row.
The one thing that I really don't like is that they don't seem to wash away hair spray at all.
I have tried other no sulfate shampoos like Loreal's, Dove's and Clairol's and like then way better and of course they cost alot less.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by onitacy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

update: Ugh, after a week, give me abreak...overrated. went back to Cantu.

Vavavolume! I already have thick course curly hormonal hair that's colored....but this left my hair full of volume and super soft. I only used four pumps of the cleansing conditioner vs the 16+ that was suggested, and I did not wash twice. Best to rinse a lot in cool water. I was a tad frizzy and tried the frizz creme but it was too tacky for me. I like Shea moisture cream better. I do like only having one product in the shower vs 2.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by alleycat1963

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just received my order yesterday, and since I thought I was only getting what they called "the starter kit", I thought I was getting sort of travel size "samples". It only had cost me about 10.00, because I had ordered makeup products from another company. I was soooo excited, when I saw full sized products, plus extras I also did not expect. I couldn't wait to try it on my dry, fly away hair. ( I usually do not have that problem, but the constant air conditioning blasting all the time, everywhere I go, must have been the reason. I live in Florida.) So, I did everything they said in the brochure that came with it. Oh, and let me also add that the glossy brochures, and personal letter of welcome, were very impressive. They even offer to consider you for an infomercial spot! First of all I can't believe the amount they advise you to use! I did it yesterday, but I will not today because, that seems ridiculous to me. It will be gone in 2 weeks if I do it the way they said. My hair feels drier than it did before I used it, and the deep conditioner that came with it did not help. I couldn't get my wide toothed comb through it easily as I would expect either! My hair looks just plain bad right now, but in all fairness, I will keep trying it. I am just scared because of all the reviewers that say they had hair fall! Oh nooooo! I will be back with another review, and hopefully I will still have my hair. haha. The reason I said I would buy again, is because, there isn't a "not sure" option.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by belle2216

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using WEN on and off for about a year. At first, I didn't think I like it, so I went back to regular shampoo. Then, after having no luck with regular shampoo, I went back and tried WEN again. Then.... you get the idea. The problem was I was finding it left my hair a bit too oily/conditioned.

I think the reason I was giving up on the WEN was because I wasn't using it properly. The key is rinse, rinse, rinse... and then rinse some more. Rinse until your hair feels "squeaky" clean. It won't be that "hard" squeaky clean like you get from shampoo. It's just squeaky enough that you know the product has all been washed out of your hair.

I have a lot of very fine hair and an oily scalp. I used to have ok hair the day I washed it and then day 2 was always a ponytail day. Now I can wear my hair down on day 2 and day 3 is a pony tail day. (day 3 could be a hair down day if I could just find a really good dry shampoo!)

My hair is so much softer when I'm using WEN rather than regular shampoo. I have quite straight hair, but it has a real tendency towards frizz. WEN really cuts down on the frizz and smoothes my hair out nicely.

I have to agree with another review I read... the pump kinda sucks. A squeeze bottle would be better. I usually don't bother with the pump. I just use the regular lid and then dump the product into my hand. It's a bit wasteful, but it's better than fighting with the pump.

Lastly, I think it's very expensive. For people with dry hair/scalp that can get away with washing once a week because of WEN, I guess it's fairly priced. But, for those of us who are using it 2 - 3x per week, it's awfully expensive.

All in all... I like it enough to keep buying it.... but I'm always on the lookout for something more reasonably priced that will yield the same results.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by BenzaitenNYC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this based on the models gorgeous hair on QVC and infomercials. It was a HUGE FAIL!!! I used for a year and it NEVER look like what I saw on TV. My hair looked like a giany fuzz ball. It was so dry and frizzy. I had to was my hair every other day because it felt so greasy. It also made me develop pimples on my face and back. I was able to save my hair and make it shiny and soft by switching to Finesse.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2014 7:13:00 AM More reviews by kscars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is good for women with fine hair who need volume. I have hair that is naturally curly, thick and coarse. This product made my hair expand in size which is something I do not need. It did not provide enough moisture, it did not control frizz or define the curl. Even adding the styling cream did not control it.

As a result I gave it to my mom who is having great success with it.