September 17, 2014 | 1965 users online

Shampoo - Wen by Chaz Dean - Cleansing Conditioners - All

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by melly7

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried a few different types of Wen's Cleansing Conditioners and really didn't like them at all. I just couldn't wait to wash my hair with regular shampoo after using them, especially if I used them 2 or more times in a row.
The one thing that I really don't like is that they don't seem to wash away hair spray at all.
I have tried other no sulfate shampoos like Loreal's, Dove's and Clairol's and like then way better and of course they cost alot less.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by onitacy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

update: Ugh, after a week, give me abreak...overrated. went back to Cantu.

Vavavolume! I already have thick course curly hormonal hair that's colored....but this left my hair full of volume and super soft. I only used four pumps of the cleansing conditioner vs the 16+ that was suggested, and I did not wash twice. Best to rinse a lot in cool water. I was a tad frizzy and tried the frizz creme but it was too tacky for me. I like Shea moisture cream better. I do like only having one product in the shower vs 2.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by alleycat1963

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just received my order yesterday, and since I thought I was only getting what they called "the starter kit", I thought I was getting sort of travel size "samples". It only had cost me about 10.00, because I had ordered makeup products from another company. I was soooo excited, when I saw full sized products, plus extras I also did not expect. I couldn't wait to try it on my dry, fly away hair. ( I usually do not have that problem, but the constant air conditioning blasting all the time, everywhere I go, must have been the reason. I live in Florida.) So, I did everything they said in the brochure that came with it. Oh, and let me also add that the glossy brochures, and personal letter of welcome, were very impressive. They even offer to consider you for an infomercial spot! First of all I can't believe the amount they advise you to use! I did it yesterday, but I will not today because, that seems ridiculous to me. It will be gone in 2 weeks if I do it the way they said. My hair feels drier than it did before I used it, and the deep conditioner that came with it did not help. I couldn't get my wide toothed comb through it easily as I would expect either! My hair looks just plain bad right now, but in all fairness, I will keep trying it. I am just scared because of all the reviewers that say they had hair fall! Oh nooooo! I will be back with another review, and hopefully I will still have my hair. haha. The reason I said I would buy again, is because, there isn't a "not sure" option.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by belle2216

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using WEN on and off for about a year. At first, I didn't think I like it, so I went back to regular shampoo. Then, after having no luck with regular shampoo, I went back and tried WEN again. Then.... you get the idea. The problem was I was finding it left my hair a bit too oily/conditioned.

I think the reason I was giving up on the WEN was because I wasn't using it properly. The key is rinse, rinse, rinse... and then rinse some more. Rinse until your hair feels "squeaky" clean. It won't be that "hard" squeaky clean like you get from shampoo. It's just squeaky enough that you know the product has all been washed out of your hair.

I have a lot of very fine hair and an oily scalp. I used to have ok hair the day I washed it and then day 2 was always a ponytail day. Now I can wear my hair down on day 2 and day 3 is a pony tail day. (day 3 could be a hair down day if I could just find a really good dry shampoo!)

My hair is so much softer when I'm using WEN rather than regular shampoo. I have quite straight hair, but it has a real tendency towards frizz. WEN really cuts down on the frizz and smoothes my hair out nicely.

I have to agree with another review I read... the pump kinda sucks. A squeeze bottle would be better. I usually don't bother with the pump. I just use the regular lid and then dump the product into my hand. It's a bit wasteful, but it's better than fighting with the pump.

Lastly, I think it's very expensive. For people with dry hair/scalp that can get away with washing once a week because of WEN, I guess it's fairly priced. But, for those of us who are using it 2 - 3x per week, it's awfully expensive.

All in all... I like it enough to keep buying it.... but I'm always on the lookout for something more reasonably priced that will yield the same results.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by BenzaitenNYC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this based on the models gorgeous hair on QVC and infomercials. It was a HUGE FAIL!!! I used for a year and it NEVER look like what I saw on TV. My hair looked like a giany fuzz ball. It was so dry and frizzy. I had to was my hair every other day because it felt so greasy. It also made me develop pimples on my face and back. I was able to save my hair and make it shiny and soft by switching to Finesse.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2014 7:13:00 AM More reviews by kscars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is good for women with fine hair who need volume. I have hair that is naturally curly, thick and coarse. This product made my hair expand in size which is something I do not need. It did not provide enough moisture, it did not control frizz or define the curl. Even adding the styling cream did not control it.

As a result I gave it to my mom who is having great success with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by bwstuart

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is truly my HG Shampoo/Cleansing hair product. I have super thick color treated hair. I'm 53 and cover the gray approx. every 6 weeks. For those of you that don't like this I would say stay with it and try again its so worth it. For sure theres a learning curve! Get a DVD thats shows proper application maybe that would help some of those who don't like it or who have had poor results. Nothing works like this, perfect other than the fact it's expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by OCgirl006

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was dieing to try this, sorry a HUGE fail, its in my trashcan now...here is why
I got the lavender kit for 30.00, as I was washing it out, I had a HUGE clump of hair in my hand
kind of scary..after I combed out there was a huge wad in the comb, scary again.
after I blow dried it looked like i poured cooking oil all over my hair, my hair came out
greasy, flat and it dulled my hightlights something awful, I had to use a half of can of spray
shampoo just to get it to not look flat and greasy..I really did not want to get back in the shower
and blow dry again, glad i did it on a Sunday, went to meat my friend for coffee and she said
"what happen to your hair it looks awful" cause my hair is nice and shiny and full when I use my Aveda...its the WORST stuff I have ever tried..a big waste of money, I also noticed on QVC the other night that the models hair looked a bit FLAT and greasy... I will never stray fro my Aveda again...nice going Chaz whip up a bottle of shet and stick a high price tag on it.LOL

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 7:41:00 AM More reviews by JulesOfWisdom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

My problem is frizz & fallout. I must say this has helped with fallout as my drain-catcher can attest to. I have long, passed my shoulders, hair & I use a few pumps on my crown & if I need more then I get a few more pumps for the length, but nothing like the amount the commercials state. I think that's for not only long, but super thick oily hair. This is the first two in one product that has worked for me. Every other shampoo/conditioner product left my hair stiff & wrapped onto itself so I always used a separate conditioner anyway. I love this one step. I've also noticed that I can go three days without any oily hair. It's like this product has helped balance out my scalp since I used to be oily in a day. I've used the pomegranate & the winter seasonal, I think it's vanilla mint. My hair is way less frizzy just from this product. I used to wake up with a bird's nest and now I wake with smooth hair. I also use oils, but I used this first alone to see what it would do. If you're near the water, like the NJ shore, then you're still going to need a good anti-humidity hairspray. The one thing I don't like is the pump bottle. I wish it was just a flip and squeeze regular bottle so I could just squeeze out a blob and move on with my life. Instead of pump, a pump, a pump. I always have to pick it up because the bottle isn't heavy & the pumper is tight enough where you'll cause it to go flying off the side of your tub. I have bought this again already. So far so good. (My hair is also color treated, gets blow dried, curled or flat ironed.)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2013 9:14:00 AM More reviews by ninanina

Hello! all this is is conditioner! It's been proven that that's all it is.