Wen by Chaz Dean Cleansing Conditioners - All

3.2

Not tested on animals

Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Prunus Serotina (Wild Cherry) Bark Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Vegetable Oil (Olus Oil), Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Polysorbate 60, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Amodimethicone, Citric Acid, Menthol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde.

on 6/26/2015 4:19:00 PM

I wanted to love this. I wanted to love it so much that I MADE myself use it for a month straight because I kept reading that your hair would look worse before looking better. Well, I'm not willing to wait THAT long, I guess. I read online and watched videos and tried using it all kinds of ways, too. More/less pumps, wash one/twice, rinse a little less, rinse a ton, add some more back in at the end before getting out of the shower. If I rinsed too much, my hair felt horrible and dry. If I didn't rinse enough, I'd be greasy. If I rinsed a ton and then added some product back in at the end, my hair would be flat. ARRGH! I tried both the Pomegranate and the 613. The 613 made my hair a little greasier, but not soft and touchable and bouncy (or even halfway decent) like those commercials. And this stuff is expensive. Maybe it's good I didn't like it. :-)

on 4/27/2015 11:28:00 PM

For me, Wen is just ok. Nothing special, but not bad. I made a video about it if you want to check it out. :)

on 2/7/2015 6:16:00 PM

After all the hype I heard about the product, I finally decided to give it a try. I bought it for around $30 at a Sephora store in the mall, and I also bought a spray mist along with it (will review that after). So, maybe it is just me being picky, but I wasn't very impressed with this product. I used it as directed and yes, it did leave my hair manageable and soft, but it didn't really do anything my $3 Herbal Essences conditioner doesn't. It does make your hair tangle free and shiny, but at a pretty high cost (sorry, but $30 is a lot for me to spend on one item that is just okay). And I'm not sure if it is just the winter weather or what, but I noticed that after using it my hair was a little bit staticy! Not good. I bought the lavender scent, and it does smell just like lavender, which was nice. I will try using it over a period of time and see if it improves the condition of my hair or does anything different, but I don't think I will repurchase it. All in all, I'm feeling disappointed after using Wen by Chaz Dean. Then again, maybe my expectations were too high.

on 1/20/2015 12:01:00 PM

I personally love this stuff. The smell can be a little off putting to some, but it never stays in the hair. after I shower and air dry my hair I am left with really soft and smooth laying hair. the only thing I suggest is not to buy it from the wen website, only get it from qvc. The wen website does some weird auto pay thing without you knowing and you sometimes you won't get the products that you paid for.

on 1/16/2015 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This was recommended by my aunt and grandmother so I was really excited to try it. I got pomegranate which smells like cough syrup. The first use went well, my hair was soft and manageable. The second try was ok, but seemed to be building up already. Since then it just won't work. It leaves my hair limp, greasy, heavy, and very dry, even if i go months in between uses. I now use it for shaving my legs.

on 12/9/2014 1:37:00 PM

WEN is the best thing that has happened to my hair! Wen saved my hair. I have bleached/dyed my hair so many times I lost track. My hair was very thin and brittle and breaking and I needed something to save my hair from falling out. I tried wen and immediately saw a difference in shine, durability and strength in just one wash. Wen really did save my damaged hair and I will continue to use this product. My hair is now thicker, fuller, bouncier, and much much stronger :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've tried Wen numerous times and I just can't seem to get this to work for me. I use a few pumps until my hair feels saturated and then really work it on my scalp and comb through to my ends and let it sit for 5 mins. It's a shame I can't get this to work because I loooove how easy it is to comb my hair after my shower. No tangles just zip zip zip right through my hair with ease.
After 5 mins, I literally stand under the shower for more than 5 mins maybe even 10 mins just rinsing this out. This still leaves a gross film after it air dries. So I give up! I don't lose a lot of hair like some of the other reviewers but the film it leaves behind just leaves my wavy baby fine hair looking dull, dirty and weighed down :(

on 11/12/2014 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

When changing your primary cleansing method, whether it be skin or hair, there is an adjustment period. I feel that if you're going to bother to spend the money or make a commitment to try something new, you should give it a while before making up your mind. Trying something like this once or twice and giving it a bad review or just giving up is a waste. These things take time.

Personally I feel the price of Wen makes it a rip off, especially when there are numerous mass-market brands of conditioner that work very well for the conditioner only cleansing method (CO). Some of the best are also some of the cheapest, like Suave and White Rain. Check out The Long Hair Community for some excellent tips on CO method/products.

TIPS: You need to use a lot of conditioner, much more than you would normally use. Ignore the recommendations on the bottle. Use enough so that you almost have a lather. Give your scalp a little massage too. Your hair should be literally coated.
You need to leave it on for longer. 10 minutes at the least, or you entire shower if you can.
You need to rinse well, and perhaps follow up with a nice AVC/water rinse afterward.
Find a cheapie mass market conditioner that works for you. Wen isn't any better, trust me.
I've been basically doing CO for 3 years, but I do break down and wash my hair about 4 times per month. I doesn't work for everyone, but don't give up too soon. If it does end up working for you, your hair will be amazing.

on 11/9/2014 3:51:00 PM

This product was a huge disappointment. It is so expensive! First time I used it, I liked it. After that I noticed a film was developing on my hair. It made it weigh down and look flat and dirty. I was alternating with regular shampoo then realized it just wasn't working for me. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone and I will not buy it again

on 11/6/2014 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

First time...tried twice can't stand it! I got fig thinking it would be similar to bb - nope! Smells weird w/ mint! I think they all have mint no matter what! Tried 2 days - that's enough! Made hair greasy and dry if that's possible! It feels like I have washed my hair in weeks! Idk why I keep seeing organic and natural about this product! The ingredients are chemicals, chemical waxes and some extracts - dimethecone is a chemical silicone derivitive - what does organic mean anyway? There's no pesticides in it? Well that's good! I guess? I'm pretty sure a law suit is coming people are loosing hair from this stuff! Read reviews after I bought it- going back to qvc tg!! No guthy renker involved

Popular Shampoos