January 30, 2015 | 1956 users online

Shampoo - Wen by Chaz Dean - Cleansing Conditioners - All

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2015 12:01:00 PM More reviews by melmonster95

I personally love this stuff. The smell can be a little off putting to some, but it never stays in the hair. after I shower and air dry my hair I am left with really soft and smooth laying hair. the only thing I suggest is not to buy it from the wen website, only get it from qvc. The wen website does some weird auto pay thing without you knowing and you sometimes you won't get the products that you paid for.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2015 9:28:00 PM More reviews by kiraty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was recommended by my aunt and grandmother so I was really excited to try it. I got pomegranate which smells like cough syrup. The first use went well, my hair was soft and manageable. The second try was ok, but seemed to be building up already. Since then it just won't work. It leaves my hair limp, greasy, heavy, and very dry, even if i go months in between uses. I now use it for shaving my legs.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by jennakpalmer

WEN is the best thing that has happened to my hair! Wen saved my hair. I have bleached/dyed my hair so many times I lost track. My hair was very thin and brittle and breaking and I needed something to save my hair from falling out. I tried wen and immediately saw a difference in shine, durability and strength in just one wash. Wen really did save my damaged hair and I will continue to use this product. My hair is now thicker, fuller, bouncier, and much much stronger :)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by mainlinediva2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've tried Wen numerous times and I just can't seem to get this to work for me. I use a few pumps until my hair feels saturated and then really work it on my scalp and comb through to my ends and let it sit for 5 mins. It's a shame I can't get this to work because I loooove how easy it is to comb my hair after my shower. No tangles just zip zip zip right through my hair with ease.
After 5 mins, I literally stand under the shower for more than 5 mins maybe even 10 mins just rinsing this out. This still leaves a gross film after it air dries. So I give up! I don't lose a lot of hair like some of the other reviewers but the film it leaves behind just leaves my wavy baby fine hair looking dull, dirty and weighed down :(

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by aenflex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When changing your primary cleansing method, whether it be skin or hair, there is an adjustment period. I feel that if you're going to bother to spend the money or make a commitment to try something new, you should give it a while before making up your mind. Trying something like this once or twice and giving it a bad review or just giving up is a waste. These things take time.

Personally I feel the price of Wen makes it a rip off, especially when there are numerous mass-market brands of conditioner that work very well for the conditioner only cleansing method (CO). Some of the best are also some of the cheapest, like Suave and White Rain. Check out The Long Hair Community for some excellent tips on CO method/products.

TIPS: You need to use a lot of conditioner, much more than you would normally use. Ignore the recommendations on the bottle. Use enough so that you almost have a lather. Give your scalp a little massage too. Your hair should be literally coated.
You need to leave it on for longer. 10 minutes at the least, or you entire shower if you can.
You need to rinse well, and perhaps follow up with a nice AVC/water rinse afterward.
Find a cheapie mass market conditioner that works for you. Wen isn't any better, trust me.
I've been basically doing CO for 3 years, but I do break down and wash my hair about 4 times per month. I doesn't work for everyone, but don't give up too soon. If it does end up working for you, your hair will be amazing.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Nstupak

This product was a huge disappointment. It is so expensive! First time I used it, I liked it. After that I noticed a film was developing on my hair. It made it weigh down and look flat and dirty. I was alternating with regular shampoo then realized it just wasn't working for me. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone and I will not buy it again

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2014 2:03:00 AM More reviews by hairhouse353

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First time...tried twice can't stand it! I got fig thinking it would be similar to bb - nope! Smells weird w/ mint! I think they all have mint no matter what! Tried 2 days - that's enough! Made hair greasy and dry if that's possible! It feels like I have washed my hair in weeks! Idk why I keep seeing organic and natural about this product! The ingredients are chemicals, chemical waxes and some extracts - dimethecone is a chemical silicone derivitive - what does organic mean anyway? There's no pesticides in it? Well that's good! I guess? I'm pretty sure a law suit is coming people are loosing hair from this stuff! Read reviews after I bought it- going back to qvc tg!! No guthy renker involved

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by frankie22

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Heed the warnings! I used WEN for one week, and it almost ruined my hair, it completely trashed my color. I have dark brown colored hair with caramel highlights, one week of WEN stripped a lot of my base color and turned my highlights a green-grey color. My hair was dull and dry.I followed the directions to a T, and used all of the styling aids that came with my introductory package. I spent $200 in the salon yesterday fixing my color...and buying my HG shampoo and conditioner Kerastase (worth every penny- I will never stray again!) I have never used a really bad hair product, even from the drugstore, until now. WEN is the WORST.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by melly7

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried a few different types of Wen's Cleansing Conditioners and really didn't like them at all. I just couldn't wait to wash my hair with regular shampoo after using them, especially if I used them 2 or more times in a row.
The one thing that I really don't like is that they don't seem to wash away hair spray at all.
I have tried other no sulfate shampoos like Loreal's, Dove's and Clairol's and like then way better and of course they cost alot less.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by onitacy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

update: Ugh, after a week, give me abreak...overrated. went back to Cantu.

Vavavolume! I already have thick course curly hormonal hair that's colored....but this left my hair full of volume and super soft. I only used four pumps of the cleansing conditioner vs the 16+ that was suggested, and I did not wash twice. Best to rinse a lot in cool water. I was a tad frizzy and tried the frizz creme but it was too tacky for me. I like Shea moisture cream better. I do like only having one product in the shower vs 2.