August 22, 2014 | 1891 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Bahamian Escape

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is one of my best polishes! The colour is gorgeous, a dark sky blue. I think it looks brighter on swatches online. I got it opaque in ONE coat, but did 2 just because. Nice formula, not streaky. And it lasted a long long time without chipping. Just love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

I feel compelled to buy every shade of blue I see, and when I saw online swatches of Bahamian Escape, immediately I bought it! The colour is a lovely sky blue. 2-3 coats for full opacity and a glossy top-coat and you're good to go. I love the formula and finish of most China Glaze polishes and I'm please to say I had no issues with dragging, bubbling or pooling whatsoever. Is the colour unique though? Hmm, UK girls, Barry M 'Blueberry Ice Cream' polish is 95% the same colour as Bahamian Escape!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by missviridian

I'd have to say that this nail polish is very pigmented and the beautiful sky blue really brought out the golden tones in my skin. It only took me about two coats for the colour to show up properly! I find that adding a glittery top coat to finish really gives it an extra oomph (I used Ottie's Coral Star). The polish did not chip after two weeks which is value for money if you ask me, as it is quite expensive! It looked pretty glossy even without the top coat (but I still applied my OPI top coat for good measure). Overall, it's a good product and I would definitely repurchase it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by brinel

I have to admit that I bought this as a dupe for OPI "What's with the Cattitude?". I wasn't about to pay $40 for that on the bay of evil. I poured some out of the bottle and tinted it with opaque white polish to make it a lighter pastel blue. Worked great! Be careful to use a good quality opaque white polish if you're going to do this, like Sally Hansen White On or China Glaze White Out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by nephikichi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Bahamian Escape is such a beautiful color! In some light, mostly indoors, it is almost a light cornflower blue; then in sunlight it becomes a perfect match for a perfect blue sky, as seen in the picture I added. That was my reason for picking it up; I'm looking forward to having something tropical and happy to reach for in between my darker fall and winter polishes. Definitely a fast favorite in my stash!
The great formula and wear only makes it better. It applies beautifully, dries fast, and I've been wearing it for three days (with base and top coats) without any tip wear or chips in sight. Considering I'm a bank teller and deal with coins and typing all day, that's great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by aprila220

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE! Almost like a robin egg blue but with a tropical feel. Goes on practically opaque in just one coat. One of my favorite's in my blue collection!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2012 10:18:00 AM More reviews by beckymonster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

GORGEOUS blue nail color!...and this is coming from someone who normally doesn't like blue (unless its navy or cobalt). This is perfect for a summer pedi; it really makes your tan stand out and looks great with neutral colored sandals. One coat was all I needed for vibrant color. The formula is smooth for the most part; I think you might need a light hand if you're putting it on your fingernails, but on your toes, mistakes are less noticeable.

THE perfect summer nail color.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 2:00:00 AM More reviews by EmilyTheShopaholic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The formula on this one can be a little tricky. It's a bit runny and it takes a while to dry. I do experience some pooling at the cuticles if I don't do very thin coats. It is opaque in two coats and is a beautiful color. The formula isn't THAT bad, but it isn't perfect, hence the 4 lippies instead of 5. I adore the color and use this polish all the time, so I definitely recommend it. I just wish the formula was a *bit* more consistent.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by nadienadie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A light/ medium blue with milk kind of shade. The kind of shade which crops up in the summer. As the name suggests this polish implies ideas of laying on the beach looking at the sky, enjoying the sunshine.

A great colour to wear on holiday, when you don't have to worry how bright your nail polish is!

On a bright sunny day, this shade will look beautiful on just about anyone. Three coats required to opacity. Dries to a satin finish.

Somehow I don't find myself reaching for this in the winter. I suppose its kinda hard to get away with at work.

When applied well, this polish will look good.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by slk86

Totally love this color! I can't stop staring at my nails. If you like blue nailpolish, then this is a great color to get. Application is pretty smooth.. (usually when the consistency is bad, when I use my left hand to apply the polish on my right hand, it doesnt turn out so great.. but with this one you can barely notice a difference between the 2 hands!). I like this color so much that I am thinking of getting back up already!