4.4

on 7/31/2015 11:29:00 AM

I don't understand the rave reviews for this brush. First, it's expensive at $20. Second, it isn't really compact, so it's not travel friendly. But most importantly, it doesn't detangle, it rips my hair out. I was using it because I had it, but I was really getting sick of losing so much hair (I have lots of fine, naturally blond hair that tangles very easily). Do yourself a favor and invest $8 in a Wet Brush. Worlds better. Your hair will thank you for it.

on 6/29/2015 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really love this design, and this is the best option if you don't have money to buy mason pearson's mixed boar&nylon bristle. I only use this on dry hair and I concentrate it on the scalp. I don't comb all the way down cause that only weakens the hairshaft. But combing my scalp everyday with this, makes the blodflow in my scalp so much better. And my hair has improved and has become so much thicker.

on 6/13/2015 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I bought mine at a sale cheap (Rs 499 or 7.5 dollars for the Compact), used it once and ran to the computer to order another before the discount period ended!
I have slightly wavy, fine, black, shoulder-length hair with tips that still have rebonded straightness so there's a fair bit of dry knots at the ends. This is a super, fuss-free thing to brush with. It does free up tangles with minimum stress. It's not complicated or gimmicky to use. It works well with and without hair serum. I don't use a hair dryer, so the fact that this is not heat-friendly doesn't matter to me.
Many reviewers have mentioned that it helps to section your hair before brushing through and I agree. It also helps to start with the worst areas first to save time. I prefer it on dry hair over wet, actually, but only because I scrunch-dry to keep the waves looking, er, wavy.
Great stuff, especially since I paid so little for it.

on 6/4/2015 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

My goodness, if there is ONE beauty product that I have ever purchased that's worth the money this is it! Oh, Tangle Teezer, where have you been all my life? Where were you when I fought with my mother when she was trying to deal with the mess of my hair as a child?

Seriously, I was hesitant to purchase it because honestly the pricetag is a bit hight for a cheap looking bit of plastic with bendy spikes but oh my, this is a MAGIC cheap looking bit of plastic with bendy spikes!

It detangless my long, thick, curly hair so effortlessly I can hardly believe it. At first I thought it wasn't working because it literally took zero effort and caused zero tagging/pulling but there was not a knot left behind. It also causes zero hair frizz which is no less of a miracle.

Granted, it still looks cheap and it's a bit awkward to hold untill you're used to it but it is so worth it I feel petty even for mentioning that. If it's ever discontinued I'll buy enough supply for all my life and my future grandchildren's.

on 6/3/2015 12:42:00 PM

Recently I have noticed that I'm losing more hair as I brush. This is alarming to me since I already have fine/thin hair. I watched many youtube videos about this brush and decided to give it a shot. The Sephora stores near me don't have a great selection of these Tangle Teezers. I purchased the hot pink one. Since the bristles were pink, you could see the hair more easily when you want to clean it. The one I purchased was the compact one that has a detachable bottom plate to protect the bristles from getting damaged. Usually when I comb through my hair (especially in the A.M. when I wake up for work) there's a bunch of hair that comes off on my normal brush. I used the Tangle Teezer for the first time this morning and was SHOCKED at how easily it when through my hair. There was NO snagging or breaking of my hair. I only found ONE strand of hair on the brush. I was AMAZED.

Now, being the skeptic I am, I thought "clearly this didn't detangle my hair. The brush went effortlessly through without any snagging. There must still be tangles in my hair." I combed through my hair with my regular brush and NO tangles!! My hair was completely tangle free!!!

I was pretty skeptical of this brush at first. The price ($25CDN at Sephora) seemed pretty steep to me. Granted, I'm the type of person that buys cheapo brushes lol.

I am now sold on this gem!!! I will be picking up one for travel/purse. There's an adorable flower pot one that I've been eyeing on their [Tangle Teezer] website.

on 4/22/2015 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have thin fine hair so i rarely get knots or tears. This tangle teezer glides effortlessly through my hair, it never catches or snags. All the females in my family now use it and we have varying thickness and all agree it just doesn't catch or snap hairs due to the little "bristles" they are like a soft flexible silicone (?) so aren't too harsh on your hair like some brushes. Would recommend!

on 3/28/2015 2:05:00 PM

I love tangle teezers! Would not be without one! Makes hair brushing pain free & easy! I've just bought the aqua splash one to try too!

on 1/31/2015 11:01:00 PM

This is the only brush that I can use on my damp hair that doesn't hurt. It's also nice that far less hair breaks off and collects in the brush compared to other paddle brushes. Also does not leave hair with static.

on 1/4/2015 2:55:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Awesome product! I'd heard good things but was skeptical. Best brush i have ever owned! I have thick hair and this goes through it with no trouble. Gets out tough knots and makes my hair as smooth and soft as silk. HG!

on 12/31/2014 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Tangle Teezer has been very gentle on my hair. I am able to get small tangles undone without tearing out a chunk of hair. I wish I bought this when I was going through my rounds of Telogen Effluvium (common type of hairloss). If you are experiencing a traumatizing amount of hairloss I would recommend using this brush. Most brushes will be too harsh on your compromised scalp. Tangle Teezer won't rip out unnecessary strands of hair. If you have been using your fingers to comb through your hair, I would advise against that. My reason is that, when using your fingers - you physically feel every strand coming out. That can be so disheartening and causes a person to overestimate how much they are actually losing.

I didn't believe the hype for the first few years I saw fellow MUAers raving about Tangle Teezer. I figured it's just a hairbrush, how much different could it be from the rest? But it is different. Very different.

Added note: My hair made a full recovery in 2014....but I will always reach for this. Nobody needs to use a harsh metal comb and yank hair out from the root.

Popular Hair Styling Tools