China Glaze Hawaiian Punch

on 1/27/2012 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a unique color in my arsenal, and I definitely have to be in the mood for it. In incandescent light, it leans tomato (orange) red; in natural light it truly looks like Hawaiian punch. It seems to clash with all of my clothes, unfortunately.

This polish has a gel-like consistency, and as such, you will see the free edge with less that 3 coats. I had tip wear on the second day, which I wasn't crazy about, and a minuscule chip on a pinkie, which was surprising. I applied it the same way I do all my other polishes: buff away ridges, smooth, wash hands, 2 coats, and Seche Vite. It definitely did not last as long as my OPI or Orly. I usually have manis last until they grow out.

So, this is a no-go for me.

on 7/19/2011 2:28:00 AM

I would describe this color as a tomato red. This polish is very glossy and almost looks like it has a gel consistency at times. It is a very pretty summer color and a great quality polish as well!

on 7/21/2010 2:27:00 PM

Me being a nail polish junkie, and typically would be reaching for the OPI, I felt I just HAD to review this polish. This is my first China Glaze experience, and I LOVED it!! The formula is amazing!! I was at the beach for a whole week, and this didn't chip AT ALL. Naturally I had some fading at the edges after the 5th day or so, but NO chipping. My OPI will chip after 3 or 4 days of NO swimming. The only reason I took a lippie off is because the color seemed to fade a lot after a few days, but like I said, I was at the beach in the sun all day for a week. I will continue to buy this, and perhaps kick my OPI habit because I feel the quality is better, and the price is great!!

on 8/8/2008 3:55:00 PM

This is a gorgeous summer red - reminds me of the color of a hibiscus! The application was wonderful (as are all China Glaze polishes IMO). With a great topcoat (in this case Revlon ColorStay) it has lasted me with no chips and minimal tipwear for 4 days so far which for me is a miracle! Great color from a great company!

Popular Polishes